• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears-Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Melody:
[SBLOCK]
"Melody! Long time no see! I remember the last time I saw you, you were gawking at the sights like one of these Offworlders, but now I can be proud to call you a true Dolathi; I even hear that you have taken up the noble art of the Eldritch Infiltrator, andyou have proven yourself quite talented!"

"I've met more new Offworlders in the past few days for this convocation than I would usually see in as many weeks. It is great fun listening to the stories and dreams, and these latest folk are more adventuresome and interesting than even my usual friends from across the stars!"

"What can I get you to eat this evening, while you chat with all the fine explorers here, my friend?"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Wei-Han blushes at the touch and looks away nervously.*

"I'm solly...uhh...so rry for my speech to you. It is...in my r..luh anguage of my home, we do not have the sounds for both of the 'Ruhhh' and the 'Luhhh' , so it quite difficult to say them, even if I make an honest attempt, that it is. I aporogise for any dishonour that my speech has brought you."

"As for the Spil-u-rit Folk, they are physical beings of great honour and beauty, rike you, who sometimes show themselves in Lara-Kai, though only to the most honourabre among us, that they do. They are armost rike goddesses in the way their beauty and kindness outshines the mortal men. That is why I asked. I did not mean to dishonour you by suggesting that you were not phyiscarry plesent, that I didn't."
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

[sblock]
Molpe smiles dismissively at Wei-Han, “Nonsense, I understand you just fine,” before turning to the other matter, “as for me being one of your spirit folks. I don’t think so, my people rarely leave our world, but it sounds like you honor me greatly with you comparing me to them and I thank you for that.”

* Molpe, who’s no getting use to Wei-Han’s constant flattery, can’t help but give off a radiant smile that seems to brighten her very being. *
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Wei-Han smiles, and his eyes light up at Molpe's radiant smile*

"You honour me with your torerance for my ellors. So you are not rike the Spil-u-rit Folk who are rare in my rand, but you come from a rand where you have many famiry of your peopre? I imagine you must be happier than the roreny Spil-u-rit Folk in my rand, that you must. But surely, even in Amalanthia, you must be the most beautifur of all, and thus you have come in your kindness and honour to glace us with your plesence? If thele is anyone more beautifur, then she would be too much for the weak eyes and mind of a humbre servant such as I, that she would."

"But oh, we have nearry reached the Laborer's Ward! I know a quick way around the clowds here that wirr get us to the Festive Ward in no time!"
[/SBLOCK]

Eonthar

Explorer
Abdiel Lyanthra, Mojiin Preserver

[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
"Oh, you have a Valsian girlfriend? That's so sweet! Is she cute?"

"Girlfriend? I am sorry, I am not familiar with this term. She was a wise woman who taught those of my village that not all Valsians are evil. It was her presence in my village that persuaded me to leave Arris."

Rystil Arden said:
"I could give you directions, but they may only confuse you more. Tell you what though: Most of the other patrons are also heading that way tomorrow, so if you make some friends with some of them, they can take you there. And if not, I'm sure I can find someone to take you there."

"Thank-you for the advice, I will talk to some of the other people in this place."

Rystil Arden said:
"How poetic and beautiful. It only makes me yearn more to feel it myself. But I shall have to settle for the warm comfort of knowing that my friends will always be here, around me in this inn, I suppose."

"You can get the same feeling from friendship? Unfortunately I do not have any real friends that were not residents of my village. Maybe when I get a chance to make some friends I will also feel this from this source."

Rystil Arden said:
It feels...everchanging and capricious, as if my life and perspective of the world could shift back and forth, twisting and turning and becoming something new all at once--and then it does! It is most liberating!"

"Interesting. Instead of only worrying about the life from the planets, maybe I should spend more time talking to the inhabitants and finding more about them."

Rystil Arden said:
"Worry not Abdiel. I always have time to make new friends. Enjoy your stew!"

*Abdiel looks around and notices an open table*

"Before I go and enjoy this fine smelling stew, do you have rooms available for this upcoming night? Since this meeting is tomorrow, I do not believe that I will be able to leave the city and come back in time. If you will excuse me, I will go and sit now. I will talk to you later, Amity."

*Abdiel moves towards the free table and sits down. If he is able to sit with his back to a wall he will do so. If he sees anybody else looking for a place to sit, he will invite them to join him.*
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abdiel:
[SBLOCK]
"Before I go and enjoy this fine smelling stew, do you have rooms available for this upcoming night? Since this meeting is tomorrow, I do not believe that I will be able to leave the city and come back in time.
"Yes, I have plenty of rooms available. Here!"

*She tosses him a key*

"I think that this room will suit you, Abdiel. You can pay for the food and the room tomorrow before the convocation if you wish."

*Abdiel sits down with his back to the wall at an empty table, facing Amity and another table with a female humanoid who was actually distinguishable from the others due to the covering of her soft flesh with thick white armour, sipping something from an elegant silver glass. He notices another of those female humanoids who all look the same as Erila except for hair colour, this one's hair is black, as she approaches Amity and begins to speak to the friendly innkeeper. Behind him, there is a bit of a ruckus, and he turns to see two feline humanoid females, who actually do look different from the rest because of catlike features, along with a male humanoid, embracing each other in a group of three.*
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]

* Even though the praise wasn’t intended for her Molpe continues to smile at it, she was to represent her people in the worlds afar and it didn’t matter if she was seen as the most beautiful or not. *

“Well, beautify is often in how you perceive others so its very individualized. I’m seen as being very attractive, though, but I in my opinion I’m hardly the most beautiful and I believe my true sister, as well as many others, are superior beauties than me.”

* She had been on the verge of jesting with Wei-Han about rather or not her lack of beauty was a dishonor when he interrupted her with the wonderful news of their closeness to the bathhouses. Once again excited Molpe skipped, causing herself to bounced in a most eye-catching manner, along side of Wei-Han. *

“Yay! I can’t wait!”

[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Wei-Han smiles cheerfully at Molpe's enthusiasm, or perhaps it is at her bouncing instead.*

"Don't mind the laborers who rive in this ward. They are a friendry folk, mostry, but they are not very wearthy, and so they often rook dirty or bedraggred, which sometimes makes them seem mole unfriendry than they are, much as your beauty serves to amplify your gleat honour and kindness."

*Wei-Han leads Molpe into the gate to the Laborer's Ward, where she immediately understands what he was saying. Dirt and squalour covers the people here, and even the earth beneath her is not immune to the tranformation, crying from the wounds of disfiguring holes in the path. The buildings here look even less stable than the others, and the grimy people are quite creepy and disconcerting to one who was used to being pampered in clean lakes and ponds of Seelyne. Nevertheless, there is still cheer in these environs: Laughing children play in the street, jumping from one hole in the ground to another, and tagging each other, then running to hide in a nearby path between buildings. Elsewhere, a woman with a bucket of water on her head hums a merry (although pretty far off-key to Molpe's expert ears) tune as she walks along the street.*[/SBLOCK]

Eonthar

Explorer
Abdiel Lyanthra, Mojiin Preserver

[SBLOCK]*Abdiel will sit, enjoy his stew, and watch the other people in the inn.

Again, if anyone is looking for a place to sit, he will invite them to join him.

If no one joins him before he finishes his stew, he will strike up a conversation with the woman wearing the white armor.*[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]

* Molpe tries not to show her dislike of the place, she didn’t want to offend the good spirited people who seemed to call this scared land home, but the damage to the buildings, and the ground not to mention with the people being so soiled bothered her greatly and her skipping stopped as she scooted closer to Wei-Han. *

She spoke softly not wanting her voice to carry, “Wei-Hon, I… don’t like this place… Why..? Why is it like this?”

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads