[LPF] Lost Imperium

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Finally getting within reach of the evil woman Tsaaruk expects no less than her best effort as he is engulfed in fire. The pain becomes too much and he allows his raging anger to take over delivering a solid hit to the woman. Torglarok has once again held him upright under the enemies attack using him to deliver the gods answer.

[sblock]
rage
attack woman 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26 and damage 1D8+12 = [5]+12 = 17 plus electrical 1D6 = [1] = 1 for total 18 pts damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats Raging]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 16 (without shield/ Flat:15, Touch: 10)
HP: 34/67
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +9 / Ref: +2 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 13/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia held off launching another spell with the winged woman's demise. She put away the new rod, letting it hang off her belt from a loop. She approached the corpse and nodded to the burly half-orc still in the raging throws of battle and said, “That last blow appears to have gotten her. Well done. Let us hope there is not another one like her here somewhere. She was rather resistant to my magic.”

With a few quick gestures she activated her mage sight and started looking around for magical auras.

[sblock=OOC]Assuming combat is over.
Cast detect magic[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Rod of Lesser Selective Spell
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 4/5, 3rd Level 1/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Tsaaruk's attack is brutal and though blunted somewhat by the woman's tough, fiendish nature kills her outright. She doesn't fall, still held upright by the sticky strands of Mirra's tanglebomb, and her eyes go cold and stare in death.

Few auras reveal themselves to Pirvinia's mage sight: one around the woman's finger, one in the far corner of the room and a pair on the altar. The aura around the woman's finger turns out to be from a ring and by the aura Pirvinia determines it to be a defensive ring nearly identical to the one she already wears.

The aura in the corner is also familiar to Pirvinia: it belongs to a pack with small but strong extra-dimensional pockets. Within the haversack is a scattering of coins. Upon the altar are two vials with identical auras, healing in nature though stronger than the standard fare that adventurers frequently carry around. In front of the altar is the knife the woman dropped; it isn't magical but it is well-made.

With the threat removed Brother Goswald comes out from the narrow stair into the undercathedral. While the others are looking around and collecting the Lalanite devotee's possessions Goswald is studying the room. From his expression he is not pleased and mutters to himself. "Even resanctification won't be enough to remove the stain of these ritual rooms. Raze it all." He shakes his head and is obviously disappointed that the ruined cathedral won't be able to be put to the use he had imagined for it. He turns to the adventurers. "You have ably fulfilled your obligation to me. Thank you. I have the payment we agreed upon, and then you are free to follow your own course. Thank you, again."

[sblock=OOC/Treasure found]
I'll have complete numbers up when we finish the wrap-up. However, Mirra and Tsaaruk advance to 6th level with the completion of this combat. Congrats!

Ring of Protection +1 (2000 gp)
Handy Haversack (2000 gp)
Cure Moderate Wounds potion (x2) (600 gp)
MW Athame (ritual dagger) (302 gp)
coins & payment from Goswald (enough to cover TBG earnings)
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad's hand was alight as he walked between his allies, tending to their wounds. Somewhat satisfied, he sheathed his blade and turned to the corpse. Kneeling over the demon, he examined her face, before asking, "Brother Goswald, I am curious, did you know this woman? It seems odd to me that a random follower of a dead sect of a secret religion would choose now of all times to make her move on this place..."
[sblock=OOC]He picks his bow back up and casts CLW on different people
Pirvinia:
CLW (1d8+5=6)

Tsaaruck:
CLW (1d8+5=11)

Mirra:
CLW (1d8+5=8)
CLW (1d8+5=6)

Unrelated: I actually read up on the Imperium. Cool stuff. I don't remember it being nearly as fleshed out when I checked it out last year. Speaking of one year ago... :p[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drawn from his musings Brother Goswald approaches Samad where he stands over the fiendish Lalanite devotee. He glances down and Samad sees a flash of surprise cross the monk's face. Goswald hesitates, then realizes that Samad noticed the surprise or hesitation and he exhales and nods.

"I didn't expect I would but yes. Deysha Korain, though she is much changed from when I saw her last." He frowns and reaches out to touch a leathery wing. He shudders and steps back. "She was a member of my own order, or posed as one, I suppose. The implications are disturbing." Still scowling, Goswald steps back as the group finishes their searches.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, the Imperium is cool stuff and inspired me for the majority of this adventure. Too bad the creator isn't still involved with LPF.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia was a bit surprised that Samad unexpectedly went around healing people after the battle. “Thank you, Samad.” She left off any snide remarks about the past.

She gestured to the magical items, “There are number of things giving off auras; the ring, that haversack, and two vials of liquid. The dagger is not magical, though...” She went on to explain the properties of each of the items as she helped gather them up.

“There is no reason to delay, then. How are we planning to raze this?” Pirvinia asked.

[sblock=OOC Note]About when are you looking to wrap this up, GE? I have been keeping Kaedyn’s Quest going until then.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
HP:
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 4/5, 3rd Level 1/4

Mazi
Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

When the demoness finally lies still, Mirra sags and quaffs a healing extract, then begins brewing a few more for good measure. "I can make a salve that will protect me from extreme heat, so I propose that the rest of you head upstairs and I'll get the basements burning with little risk to myself. After the cellars are alight, perhaps Pirvinia has magics to make sure the aboveground portion also burns well. However, if we take a few hours to gather tinder from the surrounding woods, I'm quite sure we can do a more thorough job of it."

She pauses. "The bones in the upstairs pool ... I think we should remove them and give them a proper burial before burning the rest of this place. They were victims in this, and it would not seem right to me were their ashes to lie mingled with those of their murderer."

[sblock=OOC]Level up will give Mirra Resist Energy extract.

Think I've got ~5 bombs left for today.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16+6 (13+2 flat-footed, 13+4 touch)
HP: 35/35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 10/11
Cognatogen Prepared: None
1st Level: 3/5
2nd Level: 1/3
Extracts Prepared: Barkskin, Lesser Restoration

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2, DC 18), Longspear (+3, x2, 1d8-1, Silver/Reach)
Current Conditions in Effect: Cognatogen (+4 Int, -2 Str, +2 AC), Expeditious Retreat (5 min), Shield (+4 AC)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice, Some CLW charges

[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Samads healing helps Tsaaruk feel a little better although still exhausted after his rage. He gives Samad a nod of thanks and when Mirra speaks of removing the bones from the pool he sighs as he knows she is right no matter how distasteful it will be. He collects his dropped items and goes to collect the firewood.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 45/67
CMB: +10 / CMD: 22 Fort: +7 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 13/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"How do we raze it?" Brother Goswald looks a little surprised at the suggestion that the group is thinking to attempt it. He thinks a moment then gives a short nod. "Forgive me, but it hadn't occurred to me that you might have the means to do so. I would appreciate any effort in that direction."

Nor is Brother Goswald content to leave all the labor to his former employees. He works tirelessly dragging the bundles of deadwood that Tsaaruk gathers down into the under-cathedral and setting them to Mirra's direction.

And when the time comes he ties up the hem of his robe and wades into the pool to retrieve the skeletons of the victims of the Lalanite's rituals. However, once he is knee-deep in water and bent over and feeling around in the murky water for bones he frowns.

"I don't feel any bones of the body. Just skulls."

Goswald raises up with a dripping skull held carefully in his hand. He sways as if dizzy or exhausted and looks like he might take a spill. His eyes roll back in his head and his voice changes becoming raspy and womanish. "Seven to seal away evil."

He coughs and stumbles sending a small wave of water splashing over the edge of the pool but catches himself before falling. He looks to those waiting to retrieve the skulls as he pulls them out and his affect has returned to normal.

"I must be more tired than I thought." Apparently he doesn't remember what just happened. Despite his previous spell Brother Goswald retrieves seven skulls from the pool before declaring it empty of any further bones.

[sblock=K (Religion) or (Arcana) DC 10]Certain religious traditions use a heptagram as a ward against evil.[/sblock]
[sblock=Perrin]All planned encounters are finished. We could wrap up at any time.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia nodded, “I do have a few spells yet that will cause fire, that ball of flames that rolls around and the exploding one I was just using. With enough tinder they could help.”

“Though, I think it will require all of us to gather enough timber to do this correctly and thoroughly.”

She moved to help gather firewood.

[sblock=OOC Note]I will wrap up Kaedyn’s Quest with a summary post then. I have been waiting to end it the same time you ended Lost Imperium so we can dump all the characters into the DWI together and work on getting the 3 new adventures underway.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
HP:
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 4/5, 3rd Level 1/4

Mazi
Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]