A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
As I was planning to do, I would have activated my Preservation Heavy Shield daily power while we where under deck. From the center of the slave room, a close burst 5 would have affected anyone below deck, whihc mean each slaves, Chizz, Asterion and Cliff would have 11 thp.

Is that fine with you?

You didn't came back to me with that?[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"The mage have nothing to do in that. You and Kumar are the only responsible. You'll be punished for all the evil act you have done!" Cliff then swings his sword at Kumar, his blade flashing with holy light.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Divine Challenge Salashan
Minor: Ardent Vow on Salashan
Standard: Valiant Strike vs AC on Salashan (1d20+12=24, 1d8+14=21) Hit AC 24, 25 if Asterion is in a Destuction Rune State. That would deals 21 damage.

Initiative 0; Senses Perception 16, Insight 22
Vision: Low-Light
HP 39+11/39; Bloodied 19; Surge Value 9; Healing Surges 11
AC 22; Fort 17, Ref 15, Will 17
Speed 6 (5)
Action Points 1
Enemies have -2 to attack roll vs Cliff

Ardent Vow (3/4)
Astral Splendor used
Preservation Heavy Shield used[/SBLOCK]

Durlak

First Post
Taran changes into his wildshape! And tears with his claws the pirate's flesh.

OCC [sblock]
Minor: shape change
Attack: Grasping Claws1d20+7, 1d8+5=[13, 7], [3, 5]

[/sblock]

Ministat[sblock]

AC: 18 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 41 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 10
Insight: 15 Perception: 22[/sblock]

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan, HP 32/32, AC 16, F/R/W 14/14/17

Lochlan can use inevitable attack, but he must target a pirate and I thought it was a waste of an action point for just a ranged basic. But it’s up to you.

OOC: If you'd like I'll be a little more detailed next time to let you resolve the conditional actions. What I had intended was to use Inevitable Shot (which is a Free Action) to pummel someone (in this case, obviously not the dwarf*) with Grappling Spirits** to slow some pirates down. Then, once Inevitable Shot had been expended, use my Action Point to use Possessing Spirits for further beatdown (and the AP spend then recharges Inevitable Shot).

Unfortunately I can't get to the google docs page to pick my targets. :/

*Did I miss the dwarf or did he have an interrupt that moved him out of the way?

**Grappling Spirits, and most of the seeker powers, can be used as a Basic Attack.

Last edited:

Asterion raises his hammer for another hard strike against the dwarf. The hammer glances the dwarf's shoulder causing him to stagger a bit. The dwarf's collarbone swells from the blow. If the dwarf raises his hand to strike one of Asterion's friends, it will surely hurt.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Sustain Rune of Undeniable Dawn. Everyone within a close burst 3 has +2 to all defenses.

Standard: Word of Shielding (26 to hit AC for 7 damage) Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup

Free: Switch to Rune of Destruction
Effect: The first time the dwarf hits or misses me or an ally with an attack before the end of my next turn, the target takes 4 damage (unless the ally he attacks has marked him). Also, all allies gain a +1 to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Asterion Quick Reference]
HP: 40/40 Surges: 12/12
AC: 21 Fort: 16 Ref: 13 Will: 15
[sblock=Powers]
Ferocity
Word of Shielding
Word of Diminishment

Goring Charge
Rune of Mending (2/2)
Flames of Purity
Word of the Blinding Shield
Immunizing Armor (Item)

Rune of the Unreliable Dawn
Shield of Sacrifice
Quick Weapon (Item)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
The clash of blades, the grunts and shouts, the stamping feet and flying spatters of blood all fall into a strangely predictable pattern as Chizz focuses on the melee. The world seems to slow down as he views the battle as if a spectator in his own body, studying each combatant's moves.

Once he sees where to strike, he lashes out, catching the dwarf unawares. His follow-up strikes, though, are deflected by his foe's armor. With a distinctly un-orclike air of patience, Chizz takes up a guarded stance, ready to answer any incoming attacks. He knows he can win any fight if his foe makes a mistake before he does.

MINOR: Enter duelist's prowess stance. Until the stance ends, each time an enemy hits or misses Chizz, Chizz gets an immediate interrupt attack vs. REFLEX, +9 for 1d6+4, plus 2d6+4 if he has not dealt sneak attack damage this round and he has combat advantage.

MINOR: Off-Hand Strike vs Dwarf 26 hits for 11 damage, including quarry.

STANDARD: duelist's flurry vs Dwarf misses.

FREE: nasty backswing vs dwarf (trigger: you miss with a melee attack) also misses. Sneak attack still available for a duelist's prowess interrupt attack.

[sblock='ministats']
Chizz
hp 39, +8 temp hp
ac 18
fort 17, ref 17, wil 13
+2 defenses while within 3 squares of Asterion; +1 attack vs foes that are adjacent to Asterion.

passive perception 18, insight 13
action point available
second wind available
duelist's prowess daily used - stance active
off hand strike encounter used
nasty backswing encounter used
tumble encounter available
vicious assault encounter available
[/sblock]

Q: When Asterion entered the Rune of Destruction, did we lose the +2 defenses to gain the +1 attack, or do we have both?

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan, HP 32/32, AC 16, F/R/W 14/14/17

OOC: Looks like everyone is moving on to round 2, so I'll skip the round 1 conditional actions.

Move: Wind the ballista

Standard: Possessing Spirits targeting D at K10.
Attack: (1d20+13=23)
Damage: (1d4+5=8)

If it hits, D will make a melee basic attack against P3. If that hits, both D and P3 are Dazed until the end of my next turn.

Conditional:
If the attack missed, I will use Inevitable Shot to hit P2 with Biting Swarm
Attack: (1d20+13=26)
Damage: (1d4+7=9)
which gives D, P2 and P1 a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of my next turn.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I should note that P1 and P2 are down. Also, include the target defense of your attacks, it saves lots of time to me. I'll be posting round 2 results soon.

Remove ads