D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

One of the kuo-toa gestured at the lake, prompting all eight of the others to turn their backs on Ce'rek. Soft murmuring in Undercommon and much pointing ensued.

OOC: Decision time. What, if anything, would Ce'rek like to do, [MENTION=6829052]Wrex[/MENTION]?

With Solace in the lead, the others slowly but steadily made their way down the passageway. Just as Solace and Ce'rek noticed on their approach toward the Darklake, the others noted the tunnel's smooth walls, ceiling, and floor. And a gradual but noticeable downward cant to the floor.

OOC: No one's stated they have a source of light. You have roughly twenty minutes of walking to prepare anything you might like to do before your arrival at the end of the passageway. Let me know if any of you elect to prepare anything. [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION], [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION].

Yavathol

Explorer
Kamael can renew the light on the stone wrapped in cloth, I believe jimjar carries that. He prefers not to be the one carrying the light :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza walked near Solace with the driftglobe providing light held in her hand.

"It is good, then," she said in response to Solace's comments on the lack of reception at the lake's edge. After a while of walking through the water-smoothed tunnel she spoke up again. "Our light will announce our arrival at the shore long before we ourselves arrive. If none but our goblin scout awaits on the shore it matters little." She frowns as she considers quenching her light before arrival.

"Could you see if a trail continued around the shore?"

[sblock=OOC]No special preparations by Raza. She'll follow any precautions suggested by others[/sblock][sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 30/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 1/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 0/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 0/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (2 hour duration)
Hit Dice 3/4 (1/2 total HD restored at long rest)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, focus (obsidion)
Driftglobe: light (at will); 1/1 daylight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There was no apparent trail, though the shore was close, and creatures from the lake may not leave footprints like you and I."

Solace considered the webbed feet of the Koa-Toa she had fought, and wondered how stealthy they could be.

Wrex

First Post
snaga.jpg Even if he hit one, there were too many. And now with the other group probably heading this way, he'd likely end up in the melee anyway if one broke out. Maybe he could swing this to his advantage. He stepped out from his hiding spot, holding his palms toward the ground as he had with the woman earlier. He summoned up his most groveling voice, the one that everyone seemed to expect from goblins, and prayed one of them spoke common.

"Great and mighty Waterlords...I beg your pardon, but I have come to you to warn you and protect your people..."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza chuckled. Her laughter was raspy and breathy but quiet.

"No, I imagine fish-feet leave no tracks. But I'm just an old woman far from home. What would I know about this strange place?" She peered back over her shoulder at those following. "Now, where did Shuushar get off to?"

[sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 30/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 1/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 0/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 0/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (2 hour duration)
Hit Dice 3/4 (1/2 total HD restored at long rest)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, focus (obsidion)
Driftglobe: light (at will); 1/1 daylight
[/sblock]

The kuo-toa ringing the lake's shore spun in fright when Ce'rek stepped from his hiding spot and addressed them. The two beefy kuo-toa immediately jolted to a position in front of the robed wrinkly kuo-toa, and the other six creatures began to warily fan out to the sides. The robed kuo-toa eyed Ce'rek and said nothing. It appeared to be listening carefully, but when it responded, Ce'rek recognized Undercommon. Unfortunately, he understood nothing of what was said. The robed kuo-toa seemed to be waiting for a response.

Remove ads