D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
River Gang is stalled a little. [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION] needs to post for Torbin, and [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] for the genasi's, then we can get the round done and move along.

Infiltrators are done the rest and can get moving. Not much to do, I guess, other than carry on!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
River gang... Looks like Sesto will need to use his Turn Undead after all. However, that will happen once this round has been wrapped up since Sesto have used his action to dash to this spot.

River Song

Explorer
Will it be sufficient to kill these? It does use up your channel divinity and I am not sure what other functions it has.

I was thinking of getting Kurzon to shove the one opening the grate and have it collapse on the ones crawling under.

Would that be possible?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Will it be sufficient to kill these? It does use up your channel divinity and I am not sure what other functions it has.

I was thinking of getting Kurzon to shove the one opening the grate and have it collapse on the ones crawling under.

Would that be possible?

I like it enough to let it happen.

We should see what Tglassy wants to do, though. For all we know he'll melt all their faces off first.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto can use 'Channel Divinity' for turning (DC 15) and destroying undead (≤0.5CR) but also heal any number of characters within 30ft up to half their maximum HP using a pool of 30HP.
I was hoping that the undead would be stuck in the store room and not come after anyone in the prison room. After all, the undead ignored the bad guys. Now it looks like they were programmed to attack intruders. But I doubt the bad guys have control over the undead, else why would they be in a different room with a portcullis between them? I can't recall if there was a cultist amongst the bad guys, can you?
Resources are precious. Sesto was hoping he could save his Channel Divinity for later. We could fight the undead but then Sesto might use his resources to heal party members instead.
Btw, I think these undead are special undeads with higher CR than 0.5 and thus could only be turned and not destroyed on a failed save. Also, a turned undead stops being turned if you attack it. The turning lasts a minute. I guess we could turn them and leave them be, then run out of the room and into another shutting the door behind us. The undead may follow us but will be stopped by doors or maybe even lose track of us. I don't know. They would probably just turn up at another point in time when it is most inconvenient for us. Better kill (hmm... destroy) them now.

Well, what to do? Shoving the one holding the portcullis and thereby trapping the crawlers could work. At least for a round or two until the undead continue their pursuit.
Does anyone else have any ideas?

Remove ads