• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Jemal

Adventurer
Nazhkandrias said:
OK, I think that we need to clean this game up a bit. As Ambrus said, it's starting on the long road downhill to being a free-for-all, and I really don't want that. It doesn't need to be clockwork, but I don't think that The Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo is where we want this game to go.

"Speak for yourself" says the god of Change & Chaos.

Seriously though, I think you two are missing something. Darimaus allready stated older = more powerful. Also, the way I see it, these posts are from the various gods point of view (or at least the retelling of their followers, which is biased). HE thinks he's unseeable. HE thinks his sphere is unbreakable. But you are the first god, the Empyrean, basically the Over-God. You are not bound by lesser gods decrees any more than Jemal would die because A mortal shot an arrow at him and said "Nobody can survive this arrow".

Secondly, if you're not willing to go that route, then if you can't go through something, go around it. I've allready dealt with the moon thing, and even turned it into a great story thing.. How the moon came to circle the earth, and how people learned to adapt and live without the sun... For a time.

I DO, however, agree with Ambrus that we should limit the number of Dieties.. Or at the VERY least, ensure that those who DO join realize that they are WEAKER gods, unable to challenge the established dieties (At least until they find a way IN CHARACTER of raising their power, which would have to be supported by either another powerful diety or the DM himself.)

Now, as to the limiting of domains.. I disagree. Look at D&D, for example.. How many Gods of Magic are there? How many Gods of war or battle?
Look at our own history, different panteheons from different Areas...
Roman/greek/norse/etc, etc.

Darimaus

First Post
See, what I am hoping for is PCs will get together and create their own plotlines, not just new people entering in to throw a wrench in the works. I want you all to act like Gods, plotting and planning to further some end that nobody else can even begin to fathom.

I will bring this up right now. That sphere can easily be broken by any one of the older Gods. I employed the "Older is Stronger" rules specifically for this purpose. Without story development backup, his plan fails. thats just the way it works. Older gods don't need to gang up on newer ones, its the other way around.

Jemal

Adventurer
Darimaus said:
I will bring this up right now. That sphere can easily be broken by any one of the older Gods. I employed the "Older is Stronger" rules specifically for this purpose. Without story development backup, his plan fails. thats just the way it works. Older gods don't need to gang up on newer ones, its the other way around.

*resists doing the 'I told you so' dance, b/c it would seem immature and rude.*

I just know how Darimaus thinks a little too well, I guess..

Ambrus

Explorer
Jemal said:
I've already dealt with the moon thing, and even turned it into a great story thing.. How the moon came to circle the earth, and how people learned to adapt and live without the sun... For a time.
I do have to admit that it's an elegant solution you've proposed. I would have hesitated to do the same in your place however; I'd be afraid that directly changing something introduced by another player might have been perceived as being a bit forward. I also didn't see your god as being the type to affect the orbit of celestial objects.
Jemal said:
Now, as to the limiting of domains.. I disagree.:):)Look at D&D, for example.. How many Gods of Magic are there?:):)How many Gods of war or battle?:)Look at our own history, different pantheons from different Areas...
Roman/greek/norse/etc, etc.
Certainly there are multiple such gods in different pantheons, but in this campaign we're dealing with only a handful of gods in a single loosely aligned pantheon. Besides, if a limit were placed on the number of gods as you suggested then it'd be even sillier to have multiple gods representing the same concepts. There are plenty of spheres of influence left after all that don't yet have any chief deity. I just don't see the need to poach the spheres of other gods.

Also, if we're to plot like Gods as Darimaus suggests, then it'd probably be a good idea for each of us to limit what it is our characters can affect to our own spheres of influence; that way we'd have reason to seek the aid of each other to accomplish our goals.
Jemal said:
*resists doing the 'I told you so' dance, b/c it would seem immature and rude.*
I believe you've failed in your stated goal. :mad: ;)

Jemal

Adventurer
Ambrus said:
Also, if we're to plot like Gods as Darimaus suggests, then it'd probably be a good idea for each of us to limit what it is our characters can affect to our own spheres of influence; that way we'd have reason to seek the aid of each other to accomplish our goals.
My sphere of influence includes Undeath/Rebirth, and more primarily... Change and Versatility.. How would that fit in? Everything is related to change, in some way or another, so what about those of us whos portfolios seem to give us reign over all? I've been thinking of it as I can bring forth minor changes in the universe, such as starting a rock orbiting around a sun(Remember, the moon wasn't the god itself, just the hole he made to hide himself in), or sensing when a meeting that has the potential to cause massive upheaval will arrive. I don't think my power would extend to other gods, but It should be able to affect most things mortal. If change is required to happen.

Ya see, A lot of things are too abstract to be so defined.

I believe you've failed in your stated goal. :mad: ;)

Eh what can I say? I'm a dick. :D

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I had thought/hoped that the whole creation process would of been longer and more drawn out. I thought that you were in too much of a rush, Ambrus, in creating everything. So, no one has really done a perfect job. I have been acting mostly according to my plan for my actions, though perhaps the role has been sped up a bit. Agreed to " power-sharing " was always part of my particular concept, and perhaps we will need to have a " grand council " on that soon. In any case, part of my plan addresses the " multiverse " , and I think the time to introduce that will be very soon.

Ambrus

Explorer
Kaodi said:
I had thought/hoped that the whole creation process would of been longer and more drawn out. I thought that you were in too much of a rush, Ambrus, in creating everything.
I had also hoped to stretch it, but instead of elemental gods slowly creating the universe as I'd originally hoped, players began creating gods for things and concepts that simply didn't and couldn't yet exist. I saw no recourse but to go ahead and create the infrastructure to make it all possible. I don't know how else I could have gone about it.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Ambrus said:
I had also hoped to stretch it, but instead of elemental gods slowly creating the universe as I'd originally hoped, players began creating gods for things and concepts that simply didn't and couldn't yet exist. I saw no recourse but to go ahead and create the infrastructure to make it all possible. I don't know how else I could have gone about it.
Well, the point is, it's too late to do anything about that now. I do think we need a "Grand Council" to see where things are going, though. In regular D&D games, players always discuss tactics for important battles ahead of time - why not us?

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh. If this works I'm calling dibs on the concept of wisdom™. :D

And sorry to the earthbound divinities who were waiting for an audience with the Empyrean. You're all next on my agenda, I swear! :heh:

Gli'jar

First Post
Ambrus said:
With what you're describing, I think the word "destiny" or "fate" might be more appropriate than infinity. Likewise, if your interest in stellar phenomena stems from an interest in prognostication, I believe "astrology" is more appropriate than astronomy.I have to admit, after reading your in-game post, I'm uncertain what it is you're trying to accomplish exactly. Sorry, maybe I'm just dense.

Thanks. Astrology is correct, my mistake. After seeing the flowery posts that have been floating about I had to be just as flowery. Maybe the bouquet was a little much and its intoxicating effects overpowering, confusing one as to what I was trying to accomplish.

I used infinity as a surrogate for the endless possibilities that exist and the means to access it as such. Although I could not alter the madness I could make it something that is hidden in the recesses of the mind, playing to the watchers forbidden knowledge portfolio. It (the madness) is still there but it will take a little effort to reach it. Altering it as such shifted realities ever so slightly.

Then, using the dream portfolio, to mend the shattered minds, the madness was a great nightmare, which still exists in the recesses of the mind. A flickering memory of things past or things to come, again playing to the forbidden knowledge portfolio.

I hope that helps.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads