• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Ambrus

Explorer
Maybe this is one of those existential quandaries which will forever confound and frustrate theologians and which the gods themselves will prove damnably incapable of explaining. :D

So, I was contemplating creating quintessence, the fifth and final element, and using it to jump-start life. Should I hold off? Does someone else want to contribute something first? After that, I think it'd be time for the ol Empyrean to take a break. ;)

WarlockLord

First Post
Hash'Mileak came into being with nothingness. First, there was nothing. Then, the nothing grew more confused, to start creation. From this confusion, a twisted divine mind (not the psionic character) was born. He started as a lord of entropy, but grew considerably stronger with the birth of the first mortal. When the mortals came, they had little but base instincts: survive, at any cost: and it was from these instincts that bolstered this unbodied mind into it's full power.

Arkhandus

First Post
Right, whatever. As I said, obviously I'm the only one who sees the inherant contradiction, and you just continue to misconstrue what I say. I did not crawl into a box of my own design, I just drew conclusions from what had already been posted earlier, the logical conclusions from that initial data. Well, insofar as that applies to this sorta thing, anyhoo.

So this is where I bow out, since obviously you have no idea what I'm trying to explain and you're just going to get annoyed and jump to stupid, rude conclusions about me anyway. :\ :( It is apparent that no one else is seeing the inconsistencies with most of the 'deities' origins that arises from the particulars of the restriction. And it seems folks will continue to misconstrue that I'm whining over simply being given some kind of restriction; I'm only trying to point out a logic problem that invalidates most of the origins and yet is being ignored, and my point has absolutely nothing to do with things just spontaneously coming into existence for no reason at all; that's sort of the exact opposite of my point, only tangentially related to my point. But it seems to be what folks are assuming for some reason.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal the Infinite, Master of Undeath/Rebirth, Change, and Versatility.

The first mortal to die was also the first to ascend to Godhood. Death was a new thing in the universe, and when it came, it brought a series of changes. Jemal was the catalyst through which the universe embodies change.

He despises the 'Lord of the Void', Noctuvos. Jemal is about the everchanging nature of life, and the emptiness is... well, boring and unchanging.

*OOC: Obviously, until one of the other gods creates something there can be no death. I would assume that Jemal and Hash'mileak come into being pretty much at the same time.

First there is life, and then Hash'mileak appears, bringing death. That death brings Jemal.

Avalon®

First Post
Darimaus said:
Instead of being born from the void between planets, I think Ilem should be born from within the sun. Its the first material example of friction, two things trying to be in one place at the same time and creating massive energies from their conflicts. I believe thats perfect starting point for the God of Battle/Survival of the fittest.

He's also a god of future knowledge and invention. How about if he were born in the somewhat cataclysmic birth of the prime world? He could be something like the embodiment of the creatures that are to come afterwards. It can be a reason why he is what he is. It could be something like he first gained conscious thought when friction first happened but he only gained sentience when the 3 other elements were created and the prime world was formed.

How about that as his creation story?

covaithe

Explorer
How interesting. Not sure I completely see the point, but I'm intrigued enough to throw out an idea and see what happens:

When the eddies of dust and ash from the birth of the Foremost began to swirl together, flowing and mixing, colliding and combining. At first the motion was random, mindless and meaningless, but as microscopic flecks grew into grains and pebbles, worlds and stars, clouds and leaves and rain, the motion became more intricate and beautiful. It became, at long last, a dance. As its beauty grew, the dance became aware of itself, aware that it was beautiful, and to it began to dance with purpose, growing more beautiful and more aware with each measure. It was no longer just the dance, She was the Rakhdaneet, the Dancer.

Rakhdaneet dances for her own pleasure and for the pleasure of the gods who watch her. She seeks always to increase the beauty and complexity of the dance. She loves mortals, who dance so dramatically and unpredictably, but she what she treasures about them may not always be what they wish: she may find a fountain of blood from a severed limb as beautiful as a dancing child.

Name: Rakhdaneet
a.k.a: the Dancer, the Wind in the Trees, the Starwind.
Portfolio: Performance (especially dance), movement, freedom, beauty, nature, basic physics.
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

I have no idea what kind of stats to propose for a goddess, hehe. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
The point is not for life to end, the point is for things to Change. Life is death, Death is life. One becomes the other.

I also think that Rakhdaneet and Jemal would get along nicely.

Darimaus

First Post
Ok Jemal, WarlockLord, covaithe, and Avalon®, post in the RG and get started in the IC thread. You're all in.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads