Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, does Crock Jon's dragging the Bulette cause Ruz's Booming Blade to trigger? I'm having edition blur (you know, where you can't remember if a rule is from this edition or a previous one).

I think it does, which I think would finish the thing off... but I can't remember.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Unfortunately, I think it doesn't -- it needs to be "willing" movement. However, if Crock Jon lets go and it skitters, then it would go off. (I believe).

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah, forced movement doesn't cause the damage. Now, if someone cast Command "Flee", that would provoke, because it's technically willing (i.e. under own power), or if you move it to where it has to move to engage someone. So knocking back with thunderwave doesn't proc the damage, but when it has to walk back up to attack someone, it does.

Those attack cantrips are a bit annoying. They are so situational. Green Flame needs adjacency, and booming blade needs movement, so they don't always do anything, at least at Tier 1.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ooc 1: Ethian considers that the slow path is actually quite fast (he’s an elf after all). No need to take unnecessary risks
Ooc 2: he’ll also start casting aid on Kaliban, Broun and himself every evening before the night’s rest, and every morning before adventuring. Note that he’s including himself only because he’s more likely to be on the front lines, based on the fights so far. This is a +5 to the hp total for 8 hour

So let's consider that Kaliban, Broun, and Ethian will have the 5 extra HP between 8AM and 4PM and 8PM and 4AM, but not between the 4 and 8s? (As long as you have the spell slots). You can adjust those times if you like. (Say, by casting at noon and midnight and covering those two eight-hour stretches). Ethian could easily be up at midnight, just before he does his trance, and there's probably a noon break time, normally.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've been amusing myself by playing with some Level-Up Journey rules (without bothering any of you with the mechanical parts) but I can see that it's probably time that I push things forward!

In a "real life" game, this travel stuff would probably have taken one session (two tops), but here in PBP it's taken too long, I agree. I would have liked to have done one more segment, but I don't want any of you to get bored.

I'll push things along as soon as I have a chance to write a good travel montage. (Tonight or tomorrow).

Thanks for being patient with me!

Remove ads