Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Also, is the earth loose enough for Argenti to excavate with Mold Earth?

I'm trying to avoid using it too much in the cave, but it seems like this might be a place explicitly set aside for digging.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Also, is the earth loose enough for Argenti to excavate with Mold Earth?

I'm trying to avoid using it too much in the cave, but it seems like this might be a place explicitly set aside for digging.
She can mold it, but it seems unstable. Could bring the whole thing down 8f she's not careful.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
@FitzTheRuke Heya, I'm confused at the moment as to where the last posts were referencing. We originally took the right-fork northern tunnel straight to the dead-end cave-in (that also had the moss-covered tunnel on its right), dug the cave-in a bit, then we went back to the previous fork and took the left tunnel, yes? And that eventually dead-ended at the chamber with the bore-holes?

Thus the only path we haven't gone down is the one with the moss, the one off of the cave-in tunnel?

(Any chance of a quick re-reveal of the mine map showing off where we've now been just for clarity's sake? Thanks!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I decided in the end that because there were meenlocks all around that would try to pick you off one-by-one, that it would be easier on us all to run it all at once. To add to the already a little confusing scenario these six-second rounds are probably not actually taking place all at once (Crock Jon is earliest, etc) though probably within a minute or two of each other. I just wanted to run it at once, rather than one-by-one.

In case anyone is wondering, I rolled a stealth check for the meenlock that cut the rope. It got a 25, which blows away anyone's passive perception, so I figured no one noticed when it happened. They're sneaky buggers. Besides, I thought it was funny.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So, Argenti failed her fear save.
Wisdom Save: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

But I'm not entirely sure what she is afraid of, considering she can't actually see any of the Meenlocks right now. This moss is blocking her LOS, hah.
Haw! Let's see... Meenlock says "Anyone who starts their turn within 10 feet of a Meelock must succeed on a dc11 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the start of their next turn." and frightened says "1) A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. 2) The creature can't willingly move closer to the source of its fear."

So she doesn't have the first point, but she does have the second.

I guess even she doesn't know quite what she's frightened of. Maybe not being able to see what's out there, when everyone is calling out that something is there, is just as frightening as being able to see them. Besides, the moss is probably also making her feel claustrophobic, which is not something she's used to feeling (seeing as she's happy to be contained in an amulet!)

Remove ads