D&D Movie/TV D&D: Honor Among Thieves Open Discussion [Full Spoilers]

Well, apologize to the lake for me, I'll see it on a rewatch.
0a6bc04758fddd8d3da7daca395cf1d4.jpg

Save you the trouble.

Undrave

Legend
0a6bc04758fddd8d3da7daca395cf1d4.jpg

Save you the trouble.
Lovely bridge!

This reminds me...

A review I watched the other complained that some windows were ‘too modern’ on certain buildings… I never even noticed myself so I don’t know what they’re talking about… I think people have different expectations of D&D as ‘medieval fantasy’ that they think it’s gonna be mud houses and miserable dark age peasants everywhere…

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Since I finished the first prequel novel I started the second one about Doric.

Man, her childhood sucked. Which I appreciate they went that route since she's a Tiefling. Even the elves she lives with now give her the side eye (except for a few). People like to pretend that a child with obvious demonic heritage would somehow be normalized. While not their fault they are a reminder that true cosmic evil exists. Not to mention that Tieflings should probably be rare.

As for the Wood Elves, Its cool they took this wayward child in despite the prejudice put on Tieflings. I do find it odd they have no Druids. Druids would effectively be their Spiritual Leaders as well. None of the Elves are spiritual enough to channel some form of divine magic? No clerics or druids? The Rangers can tap into the nature gods powers but none of the elves in their hundreds of years had the nack to go full Druid until a non-wood elf Doric came along? Wood Elves? Zero Druids "In years". Really weird.

Zaukrie

New Publisher

Man, her childhood sucked. Which I appreciate they went that route since she's a Tiefling. Even the elves she lives with now give her the side eye (except for a few). People like to pretend that a child with obvious demonic heritage would somehow be normalized. While not their fault they are a reminder that true cosmic evil exists. Not to mention that Tieflings should probably be rare.

As for the Wood Elves, Its cool they took this wayward child in despite the prejudice put on Tieflings. I do find it odd they have no Druids. Druids would effectively be their Spiritual Leaders as well. None of the Elves are spiritual enough to channel some form of divine magic? No clerics or druids? The Rangers can tap into the nature gods powers but none of the elves in their hundreds of years had the nack to go full Druid until a non-wood elf Doric came along? Wood Elves? Zero Druids "In years". Really weird.
Definitely an issue with movies and tie ins. Like super rich people not having body guards ...

Undrave

Legend

Doric is what... 20 years old or so? An elf can live up to 750... so if something unfortunate happened to their last druid, on the grand scheme of their long lives, a few decades without a druid is not that big a deal. The elders or whatever might have picked Doric as a candidate specifically to help her integrate better?

Dioltach

Legend
I do find it odd they have no Druids. Druids would effectively be their Spiritual Leaders as well. None of the Elves are spiritual enough to channel some form of divine magic? No clerics or druids? The Rangers can tap into the nature gods powers but none of the elves in their hundreds of years had the nack to go full Druid until a non-wood elf Doric came along? Wood Elves? Zero Druids "In years". Really weird.
If I recall correctly, in 1E and 2E elves couldn't be rangers or druids. That always struck me as very strange.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Doric is what... 20 years old or so? An elf can live up to 750... so if something unfortunate happened to their last druid, on the grand scheme of their long lives, a few decades without a druid is not that big a deal. The elders or whatever might have picked Doric as a candidate specifically to help her integrate better?
Right hundreds of years and they had ONE Druid? Not several? All the older Druids die in a freak accident all at once?

Lovely bridge!

This reminds me...

A review I watched the other complained that some windows were ‘too modern’ on certain buildings… I never even noticed myself so I don’t know what they’re talking about… I think people have different expectations of D&D as ‘medieval fantasy’ that they think it’s gonna be mud houses and miserable dark age peasants everywhere…
Well, that particular bridge isn't medieval (1773). It replaced an earlier medieval bridge.

This is though:
R.5102e6244f45c7ecefee7a2b0d11d193

And so is this:
R.06f09d5d2aafafdadb20a4b84a3b2e7c

But there does seem to be a general confusion between "dark age" and medieval.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
If I recall correctly, in 1E and 2E elves couldn't be rangers or druids. That always struck me as very strange.
Yes, though that was changed in 1E Unearthed Arcana where Wood Elves could become them. Normal Elves being considered the High Elves. kind. 2E had something similar in the Complete Books. Yeah I always thought that was weird to.

I think it supposed to be because you are playing a "Typical whatever adventurer" So Elf Druids exist they are just at home. Same thing for level limits. Elves live hundreds to thousands of years yet can only be a 5th level fighter? It's because they "get bored" at that point and go home to find a new path.

It's just game mechanics really that largely didnt matter.

Remove ads