D&D Movie/TV D&D: Honor Among Thieves Open Discussion [Full Spoilers]

They already foreshadowed it with the flashback to the dragonfly. So I saw it coming, and yet I was very happy they did exactly that. Because then I realized the movie had already been setting up this event right from the start. We see Holga and Kira be very close constantly, so their family bond was already there from the beginning. The movie earned that moment.

I imagine Forger in a spin-off set in Ravenloft. It would be a dark comedy. He is abducted by the dark powers and sent to a special quest with a group of criminals. These are killed by the dark lord, and in the end Forger betrays the last suvivors... and he is the "winner" but he is cursed by the dark powers with an ironic punishment. The true "final girl" is one of the first victims in the beggining, thanks a special magic tatoo, but the reincarnation spell doesn't work totally well, and now she is a female blue goblin.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It's Elminster.

I mean, yes, it's a projection of Simon's lack of confidence holding him back . . . but Simon's psyche manifesting itself as Elminster.
The bolded means that it can't be Elminster. He never knew Elminster at all, let alone well enough to mimic him, so his psyche is incapable of reproducing Elminster. Instead it's Simon in an Elminster suit. It's basically a painting of Elminster and so is not actually Elminster.

Heck, it might not even be Simon in an Elminster suit. We know that Simon is descended from Elminster and that the guy in his visions is an Aumar that is his great great grandfather, but we don't know that Elminster is his great great grandfather. Elminster could be several more greats removed.

The simplest explanation, though, is that it's Simon in an Elminster suit and not Elminster at all. So that's what I'm inclined to believe.

It was still trying to roll a 5 or 6 in order to get the breath weapon going again. :p
I think he wanted to eat them raw, and was not interested in char. He was just breathing into the room and filling it with gas.

The characters did not know they were close to the surface but knew they were under water of some kind so took the risk of opening the floodgates and swimming.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I know the attunement thing with “Elminster” was all about Simon overcoming his self-doubt, but wouldn’t it have been interesting if he’d had to face Mordenkainen since it’s Mordenkainen’s helmet?

Who would you like to see play the bald, goateed archmage?
Baba.jpg

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I think he wanted to eat them raw, and was not interested in char. He was just breathing into the room and filling it with gas.

The characters did not know they were close to the surface but knew they were under water of some kind so took the risk of opening the floodgates and swimming.
I'm pretty sure that they knew. They made a point of commenting on how it was salt water just before coming up with that plan.

Remove ads