• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 Continued

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry gang, I've been having intermittent connection problems ever since a storm here two weeks ago. It is making my posting somewhat erratic.

Scotley

Hero
As you descend the stairs into the roiling mists a sense of apprehension comes over you...

OOC: DC23 fort saves for all. If you make it roll a spot check and a search check.

Failed Fort Save [sblock]You are panikced. Panicked characters take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, and they run away from the source of their fear (the mists) as quickly as they can.[/sblock]

Spot of 14 or less [sblock]The mists obscure your vision of any details around you.[/sblock]

Spot 15+ [sblock]You see a door to the left (south) about halfway down a 40' corridor, which appears to dead end.[/sblock]

Search check 29 or less [sblock]Nothing to see here move along[/sblock]

Search check 30+ [sblock]Post it and I'll let you know. [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Arkhandus] No Grackle is far enough back to avoid the effect, but he might panic and run anyway, just because that's the way he is. :D [/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 24/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

Ballista feels the creeping dread but shakes it off just barely with a herculean effort. Fort Save=23 then looks around. "Theres a door about 20ft down, and another 20ft to a dead end." Spot=27 then decides to aid the rogues in their searches instead of just trying to do it herself. Aid another in Search=24.

Graybeard

Explorer
As Zorn decends the stairs an overwhelming fear overtakes him.

We have to get out of here! he screams as he turns and runs back the way they came in.

<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2139819/">1d20+9=22, 1d20=6, 1d20=18</a>

Arkhandus

First Post
Grackle sees some of his companions run away in terror, so he figures it must be something pretty bad in the mist! He chases after the fleeing ones, though his stubby legs don't make him very fast. "Why we running?! What is it?!" he asks curiously.

Remove ads