• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant Killers (Epic Quest)

assassination

First Post
IN Game:after a long day on the road, you find yourself in a small clearing deep in the forest, about 2 day's march from waterdeep, where you have just finished a quest for the local guild.

the day is fading fast and the smell of a fresh deer rosting over the fire filles the air. most of the party you have been with since that long day ago when you where just starting out. other, you have found on the road.(you figure out who is who). your on your way back to eastling, where you have been heard roumers about a cloud that kills intier towns, and where sent to investegate.

you know your about 2-3 days away, depending on the weather, but nothing new about this killer cloud.

In DM: the camp site is surounded by tall pine trees, theres a fire in the center. the clearing is aobut 30 by 50 feet.
i need where you are in relation to the fire, who is keeping whatch and what you guys are doing before you go to sleep.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"I'm happy to have all of you here with me."Said Celcian, "I dislike being away from my abbey for long periods of time. So tell me what do you all think we should do about the 'cloud of death'?"
Celcian Suntoucher is the latest in a long line of clerics of Pelor. His extra-planer heritage showing in his face as he sits stoking the fire. His eyes are golden and his hair is short and white. He even now seems to be dressed in the finest of robes and smells of the finest perfumes. He looks up from the fire and his eyes blaze in the firelight.
He thinks back on the day the adventurers came to the abbey (He was just a novice then) and Father Ezra raised one of them from the dead. He was not allowed in the room and to this day still doesn't know who died.

Arknath

First Post
Merriss sits on the north side of the fire, his back to it as usual, and stares at the stars. These stars are the only thing familiar to him in his travels since leaving the small dukedom where he lived for the first chapter in his life. The family had hired him to protect their land and family, which he did happily, for they were all kind people. They were especially kind to him considering he was a half-breed, not unusual, but certainly unwelcome in many parts of Faerun.

Merriss shrugs a bit, "Nothing a good gust of wind couldn't cure, I'm sure, Father (or a better title, given by Argent)." the half-elf says in a slight jest. He takes a sip of tea and consumes himself with the history of such things, of which he's studied many a good deal.

Knowledge (arcana) +35

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Though ordinarily he and Nevmor would be sleeping in their mansion, it wasn't too bad a night, and it had been a while since William had slept under the stars, so here he was with his friends of a long time, sitting facing the rest of them from across the fire.

"Maybe a carefully worded Wish would get rid of it..." The arch-mage, always looking for a reason to use his magics, suggested half jokingly.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Jemal said:
Though ordinarily he and Nevmor would be sleeping in their mansion, it wasn't too bad a night, and it had been a while since William had slept under the stars, so here he was with his friends of a long time, sitting facing the rest of them from across the fire.

"Maybe a carefully worded Wish would get rid of it..." The arch-mage, always looking for a reason to use his magics, suggested half jokingly.

"William I'm flabergasted. You would warp the fabric of reality to get rid of this when there are probably other means at our disposal? Surely you had thought it would have crossed my mind to simply Pray to Pelor for a Miracle." The Father said. "And Merriss, We have known each other long enough that calling me Father is not needed. It also makes me feel VERY old."

Arknath

First Post
The abjurer looks over his shoulder and cracks a slight grin, "I'll have you know, Celcian, that you and I are [ooc: assumedly] of near the same age, and I'll have you know that I do not feel...old."

A slight wink at the priest is tossed his way before Merriss returns to his tea and the stars.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Celcian smiles and laughs, "I'll have you know that I said it made me feel out. Not that I was old." He returns to stoking the fire and silently praying for a sign of what is to come.

Rino

First Post
Manveru sits by the fire just close enough to feel the heat of it on his skin. he is dressed like every typical monk, not much fancy coloured fabric.

"i would like to see the cloud first then i'll believe it exists"

assassination

First Post
as you sit and talk around the fire, you hear a misgevius laugh. "you want proof of it, ill give you proof. "(enter misgevius laugh).

everyone in the camp blacks out. you are now in a feild. infront of you, you see the shape of a huminoid standing in the shadows infront of you. he steps out of the shadows and you see a huge troll standing infront of you.
"you said you wanted proof then here it is."
he waves his hand fron you to behind him. you follow hi hand to the seen behind him. the far horizon turns black with clouds. thunder booms and lighting strikes.
"you are looking at events to come, the town you are going to will be destroyed by the time you get there. nothing you do will save it, nothing :D "

the area around you goes black. it's just you and him standing there. nothing between you exept space, "there is only one thing you can do to save that town, kill ME and you will be set free, if not you will spend internity here.":D (Insert Evil laugh)

Jemal

Adventurer
William raises an eyebrow at the (Obviously insane) troll.

"So let me get this straight... You threaten the town I call home, THEN you threaten to strand me here for eternity, then ask me to kill you?"

He cracks his knuckles, calling on his inate ability of speed (Use Haste spell-like ability), then waves a hand and says "STOP!" (cast time-stop), preparing to make roasted mince-meat out of this idiot.

OOC: When I cast Time Stop, should I roll the 1d4+1 duration and then list my actions, or wait for you to roll it and tell me?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads