IC - Mad King's Monkey

Axel

First Post
"Life be not so simple," Bayar replies. "I be liking work out here, but I must be telling the Chancellor of what happened. If we be unable to send a message," Bayar pauses and glances at Walter to see his reaction, "Then I not be seeing how I be helping. Also we be unprepared for a long campaign. Some supplies be needed before camping again.""

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Eban awaits the freezing chill that is sure to encompass the group here and now, freezing them in their tracks and leaving their breath frozen in the air as it falls to the ground. A slight breeze does hit him, but that is all, as he shakes his head in bewilderment. Somehow, he agrees with Bayar. "For once, I agree with Bayar. We do have to alert the Chancellor of our intentions, and restock. If we are to deal with Gnolls, Goblins, Wolves and who knows what else is not being told to us, then we need to make sure we are equipped to do so. Otherwise, we're as good as dead."

Eban brings out his chalkboard, showing Henri what he had copied down. "Does this make any sense to you?" He hopes to gauge the reaction of Henri... (Sense Motive +6)

doghead

thotd
At Henri's house, In the Forest, Morning Day 4.

If we be unable to send a message," Bayar pauses and glances at Walter to see his reaction, "Then I not be seeing how I be helping.

Walter doesn't seem to paying the conversation much mind. The trapper has parked himself on a convenient log and busies himself with his pipe.

"Then we are agreed," says Henri after a pause.

"You can head into the village to re-supply as you require. While you are there, you can leave any messages you have for the Chancellor with Kovic. He will see that they get to town. And if you would, I will give you a message of my own for the Chancellor to pass on as well.

"If you leave soon, you should be able to get there by nightfall.

"When you get back, we can talk some more."

Eban brings out his chalkboard, showing Henri what he had copied down. "Does this make any sense to you?" He hopes to gauge the reaction of Henri...

Henri looks at the chalkboard. "That's interesting. Where did you find this?

"May I?" he asks, holding out his hand. Assuming Eban agrees, he places it on the table and proceeds to rotate it in 90 degree steps, considering it from a number of angles.

[SBLOCK=OOC Eban]Can't remember what was on the chalkboard. Was it a copy of the 'map' drawn in the dirt, or of the scrawls on the walls? Or both?

Eban gets the feeling that Hernri's is being up front with the characters. He might not be telling them everything, but he has said as much himself. Henri also seems genuinely interested in what is on the chalk board.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Although Libros would like to help Henry, he is a townie and is not sure whether or not he likes the country. So when the others start suggesting going beck to report to the Chancellor he nods his head in agreement. Then when it is suggested they only need to go back as far as the village, he is back to been unsure.

In the end, Libros keep quiet and just listens.

Axel

First Post
Bayar looks a little frustrated at Henri's attitudes. "You be misunderstanding me Henri. If we not be knowing where we go, or for how long, we not be able to prepare. How much food to bring? Can we be using a cart? Furs for the snow?"

doghead

thotd
"Ah, yes. I see what you mean. The answer is I don't know exactly. But if the Yar Gock are involved, then it cannot be too far; a few days away, a week at the most. More than that would take well beyond Yar Gock territory. I don't expect that you will be seeing any snow. Unless you are gone for a few months."

[sblock=OOC]The nearest permanent snow covered mountains are a fair way from here, around two or more weeks travel on foot. From memory, I said that the afternoon no longer holds the heat of the day, so I think that its early autumn. Snow wouldn't be expected around here for two or three months.

See OOC thread.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Hmm, about 3 weeks food? One to get there, one to get back, one for the campaign? Arrows, anything else?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Eban doesn't seem to need anything else, just the basics, which seem to be covered by the others. When Henri looks at the chalkboard, Eban hopes that the old man can make sense of all the notes he took and the map that was drawn. (OOC - yes, Eban took down all the notes on the markings, the crude map and the markings on the walls.)

Axel

First Post
Bayar counts a few things off on his gauntleted fingers. "Aye, three weeks for food be about right. We make do with streams for water. Be easier on my back with a donkey." That word seems to set off a light bulb over the top of his head. Bayar turns to Walter, who has remained suspiciously quiet through the conversation. "Walter, if you be knowing the way, we be appreciating your help. And your donkey. I be happy to pay for your time."

Remove ads