IC - Mad King's Monkey

Axel

First Post
Bayar

Bayar laughs, long and loud at the uselessness of the goblin's throw, the absurdity of its antics and Jan's intensity at following its instructions. He laughs so hard he sits down on the riverbank, further ruining his trousers. "Now why we be in such a rush to be pushed around by some goblin. If he be typical, they not be hitting the water if they be falling off a boat!"

The warrior catches his breath, and stands. "I not be afraid of goblins. This not be their land, it be for men. I go because I wish." Glaring at the goblin with his right hand resting on his sword hilt, Bayar adds "And I not be walking into some trap. We be camping where we please."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Its not them, its the gnolls, those who will be shredding our tired selves. We need to use wise tactics.

doghead

thotd
The wolf rider watches the characters intently from the usual distance.

"Gock be here before human came. Be here after human gone," the wolf rider responds in common to Bayar before falling silent again. The tip of the rider's spear twitches like the tail of a cat. The silence stretches out again.

"Fine. You go where want. You camp where want."

The wolf and rider wheel around and proceed back up stream, keeping an watchful eye on the party as they go.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Eban shakes his head at Bayars antics. "Bayar. You are a great warrior, but have no need of anyone telling you that. Yet, if this is the manner in which you decide to run your life, then again, that is your decision to make. I have made mine. You will kill us all if this is the way you throw around your weight. If we had found a helpless child or woman, would you so easily put them in possible danger for the sake of your pride? It would seem that we have been blessed to have at least a warning of things to come. If you choose to piss on them, so be it. I am done with you. I know we are not helpless, but we may easily be overmatched if the goblin's words are true. Caution is warranted, and caution is no friend of yours. As I had healed Sukri with his illness due to him listening to the warnings, it seems you have chosen the other path of not heeding the illness. The path of cutting away the infected area and moving on must be taken....."

Eban then proceeds to heed the warning of the goblin and calls out, "Thank you!" to the rider before turning and leaving. The warrior named Bayar had again decided that his pride overwhelmed the fact that he is putting them all in danger. Death followed Bayar, and sooner or later, those around him would succumb to it... Eban moves along, ignoring the need to rest, as he wanted to get as far away from Bayar as possible. A choice had been made for him, without his choosing. His back turned, he moves down the path outlined by the goblin...

OOC - Not to be a prick, but Eban can't seriously work with Bayar in this manner. Bayar has continuously ignored the group as a whole. In Eban's view, this is only bringing the group into harm and danger without their choice. Eban's making the choice to rid himself of this as he had seen with cancers and plagues. Sometimes you just have to cut away the bad, and move on...

Axel

First Post
Bayar

Bayar swore as Eban began to leave, calling out "Eban, stop!" before realising he wouldn't hear and swearing again. He ran after him, placing a hand on his shoulder to turn him around so the deaf mystic could "hear" what he had to say. "Eban, we all die as we be men." The warrior shrugged as best he could in armour. "I still be alive, as you be. Now I be alive because I be suspicious and not taking orders from strange goblins among other things. Nobody ever be acting without gain. Stop and think! Why be this goblin sending us away, and this way? We all be acting like sheep pushed around by the shepherd and his dog."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Eban is a little shocked as the large hand grabs his shoulder. As he spins and sees Bayar speaking, the words are easy to understand, yet strange. Bayar had never before attempted to explain his actions, until now. Eban chooses his words wisely, as he answers Bayar. "We are alive because we stayed together. You are alive because we work as a team. You were at deaths door just yesterday, and without a little healing, you would have passed through those doors. Yet, you are right in some sense. We are alive also because we choose to face our enemies instead of cower from them."

Eban points to the goblin, adding, "Your words ring with some truth, and for that, I am grateful that you at least acknowledge your actions. But that goblin there, he had a choice as well. He could easily have not shown himself so easily nor warn us. He could easily have snuck back, gotten reinforcements and killed us during our sleep. True, his actions are suspicious, but it does make sense. He's asking us to move without leaving tracks. Sounds simple enough. Don't make a fire for fear of alerting anyone as to where we are; again, simple enough. Can you at least try to allow some stealth in this endeavor?"

Eban looks at the goblin and wolf, wondering if he had missed anything in the way it was warning them, herding them as Bayar thinks.... (Sense Motive +6)
1d20+6=26

OOC - Holy Crap! Natural 20 on a random skill check... go figure...

Remove ads