IC - Mad King's Monkey

doghead

thotd
Eban looks at the goblin and wolf, wondering if he had missed anything in the way it was warning them, herding them as Bayar thinks.... (Sense Motive +6)
1d20+6=26

OOC - Holy Crap! Natural 20 on a random skill check... go figure...

[SBLOCK=OOC]I usually roll sense motive checks in the blind so players can't assess the validity of the result based on the check result. But the again, a natural 20 is a treat. I may or may not have re-rolled the check this time :)

Eban thinks that the goblin rider is being upfront with the party. If they remain at the gnoll camp they will be in danger. If they head down stream, they will be safe.

He also gets the feeling that there might be more to be had from the rider. While the wolf and rider retreat, they do not simply disappear into the forest as they might.[/SBLOCK]

Axel

First Post
Bayar shrugged as best he could at Eban's reply. "If the goblin be bringing friends to kill us in our sleep then that be normal. Nothing to be suspicious. This one not be acting normal, so I be suspicious." The fighter seemed to have exhausted all he had to say and made to turn and watch the goblin again, when he thought of something else.

"Last night, may be we all die if I be sleeping. Or maybe you die, or Jan. Maybe I die if I fight the goblins. One day something be killing me. Nobody be noticing the difference in the world afterwards, so I not be losing sleep over it."

ghostcat

First Post
Libros moves along in the middle of the group. He would like to smooth things over but he's not really a people person and isn't quite sure what to say. Not only that but he know that Eban can't hear him anyway. Finally he says "As I said, the goblin has his own agenda. However, our interests seem to coincide at the moment as its trying to get us away unobserved.

I wonder if its to do with the lost gnoll tribe"
He adds as an afterthought.[/color]

doghead

thotd
Return to Henri's house, Mid Morning, Day Four.

The journey downstream to the waterfall is straight forward enough. A place camp is found, and the night passes without incident. By morning, those suffering any ill effects from their efforts in the chase are refreshed and feeling themselves once more.

The next day sees the party returning to Henri house via the small stream that passes through the clearing. Henri is there, along with Walter and his donkey, but the villagers have returned home.

[SBLOCK=OCC]At this point I am going to leave it up to you to decide where your characters go and do. There is stuff going on and you are free to pursue whatever interest you and/or your character. You don't have to remain here. I will follow your lead.

Great inter-character interaction over the last few pages. Seems all I need to do is throw in some random monster and watch you guys entertain yourselves :) [/SBLOCK]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Henri, it is good to see you. Might you know of a goblin who rides a wolf who might actually be helpful in the wilderness?"

doghead

thotd
In the Forest, at Henri's house, mid morning Day Four.

"Henri, it is good to see you. Might you know of a goblin who rides a wolf who might actually be helpful in the wilderness?"

A look of surprise crosses the potion brewer's face. He stops what he is doing (repairing the damage to the garden) and puts down his tools

"I know of several wolf riders. But one that is helpful?" Henri is silent for a moment.

"Perhaps, yes. I think that you ought to tell me what happened."

Henri listens to the character's story**, inserting the odd question here and there. After hearing enough to confirm his guess, Henri admits that he is the Greenman, and the goblin wolf rider is Copperhead. Which is not their real name. Real names are too dangerous.

"So," Henri concludes after the telling is done. "It would appear that the gnolls were indeed looking for more than just the exiles, and they may have found it.

"Which leads up back to you. You have proved yourself handy. I could use your help. Will you stay, or are you returning to town and the Baron?"

OOC: ** I have assumed that the characters will share all of the events of the last day. But if there is anything you want them to hold back on, let me know and I will edit accordingly.

Axel

First Post
Bayar, standing towards the back of the group as the tale is told, speaks up in reply. "Henri, you be holding information back. Dog-men be searching for you across the world. Dog-men be looking for other things. On finding these things, goblins be telling you?!" he says, with a rising pitch and rising incredulity. "Now you be wanting me to help? What is thing thing you be protecting or hiding?"

doghead

thotd
In the Forest, at Henri's house, mid morning Day Four.

"Of course I didn't tell you everything. There were things that i didn't think you needed to know. There were things that I didn't know you would need to know."

Henri looks like he is about to add something, but bites it back.

"There is more. Much more I think. And yes, I want your help. But if you are returning to town, then there is no point in wasting your time with it."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You may not be safe out here at this time. I recommend we help you. " Jaan looks to the others o see if they will assist.

Remove ads