In Defence of Chickens - DCC RPG (OOC)

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Since you're shooting arrows and throwing things at these poor, innocent zombie things, I rolled initative for everyone. While you are still running multiple characters, initiatve will be by player, and you can act with all your characters at the same time.

@JustinCase you're up first. Granny, Billy, and Jack are up in the front about 20 feet from the monsters; Bill is further back and would take a full move to catch up.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Due to holidays, I don’t know how often (if at all) I can post in the next two weeks. I do intend to, but I have no idea if I can.

Feel free to NPC my characters if necessary for the story.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Wow, a natural 1 and a natural 20 in the first round of combat!
Well, what a perfect opportunity to introduce the critical hit and fumble rules!

A roll of natural 1 is a critical hit! When this happens, just roll a d4 to see the effect - higher is better. The dice you roll will change later depending on class.

A roll on natural 1 on an attack is a fumble. If this happens, roll a d4, and subtract your Luck modifier (so, if your Luck modifier is negative, add it). Lower is better. Wearing armour means you have to add a modifier to your fumble roll, but at the moment none of you need to worry about that.

Granny has a +1 luck modifier, so I rolled a 1 on a 1 d4. -1 Luck modifier equals zero, so luckily for her, no effect.

@thirdkingdom - Yolo can get within melee range this turn if he wants. The rest were a bit further back, so would need two turns (or you could use your action to double your speed, but then they cannot attack this turn).

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Quick question: can we fire into melee? I'm just wondering if my one character with a bow can fire at the remaining vege-zombie.
Good point - this is a rule I should have clarified.

You can fire into melee, but if you miss there is a 50/50 chance you will strike one of your allies instead. Both plant-zombies are engaged - Granny and Bill with one; unlucky Jack with the other.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
If you're checking the rolls, the vine attacks should have been d20+2 (my finger slipped). Thankfully, makes no difference to the outcome.

Please use CoyoteCode instead of Orokos. Orokos does not work for me.

@jmucchiello - you're up. All four of your characters can get to the vine monsters in one move if you want them to.

Remove ads