Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Quinn is only down by 9 of 113 hp, so is at 104 at current. he should be fine, but maybe a wand charge just to make sure.

edit: Brutus needs some healing, possibly others who fought with us on the Island o' death.

ps: going grocery shopping, then I will be very tired and likely sleeping for a bit.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so Carnell has 5 full-time guards/soldiers (including Brutus, Meridith, and Wieland). This doesn't include Sir Ghal, Sir Gareth, or Timmins. Right now, there are only 4 due to Raius's injury (w/poison) and him being taken to Fort Symas by Aeron. The other main guard is Ailward Stepney who is Sir Ghal's cohort.

The village's militia has 30 members (including Mabon) remaining after the attack from the rook-harpies. The bulk of these are either 1st-level warriors (14) or 1st-level fighters (9). There are also three 3rd-level warriors (including Elijah Wortham) and three 2nd-level fighters.

I've gone through and figured out all the various levels for the NPCs of Carnell, so if you want to have your PCs try to find help locally to fight against Tarrak's horde, you can make Knowledge (local) checks. Since they are new to the region, Angus and Maur have a -4 circumstance penalty to the roll. Caerth has a slight advantage since he's from Carnell, so the untrained roll gains a +4 luck bonus and he can gain more details about the information below with a roll above 15.

Caerth already knows there are other druids and rangers in the region, but he also knows they're not as skilled as him. All but one of them consider Aeron to be their mentor. The female half-elf druid, Syndra, rarely comes into the village. She is a lot older than Caerth.

Caerth also knows there aren't any barbarians or paladins living in or near Carnell, not even retired adventurers. He isn't aware of any bards, monks, or wizards in the village but such people have never been in his social circle (until he met Lorien and Phar). A childhood friend of his, Othrer, told him once that Lord Pendour had the ear of a strange sorcerer who lives under the stump of a giant tree somewhere in the wilderness. Of course, his half-orc friend was drunk at the time.

As far as Caerth knows, Sir Ghal is the strongest pure fighter in Carnell. Of course, Quinn is stronger than Sir Ghal. Most of the other fighters and warriors of the village are either past their prime (like Sir Gareth and Timmins) or really young (like Ailward and Brutus).

Like any community, Carnell has its thieves and outcasts but Caerth was told by Aeron to avoid them at all costs. The half-orc druid knows of the Brae Family who try to pass themselves off as rangers, but they act like rogues/thieves.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Now that I have a better understand of the diversity of Carnell, I can move forward with the current scene. I'll try to add two more posts tomorrow. It's too late in the day to do it now.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Meredith is too smart for her own good
Int 16 (+3), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 14 (+2)
For a dumb guard that is. :D

And the smith works with his knowledge more than with his hands
Str 11 (+1), Dex 9 (-1), Con 15 (+2), Int 16 (+3), Wis 12 (+2), Cha 11 (+1)

cloak of Charisma +4 oooo, uuuuu, aaaaa, can Maur borrow it?! This is +2 to turning attempts ! :)

NPCs are short on HP, we will use quite a bit of the healing sticks :(

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus's hp isn't too bad, so she is willing to give her potions up to the group. The cure moderate wounds potion should probably go to Maur but you guys can decide who gets the healing.

Cure Light Wounds (x2) and Cure Moderate Wounds: 1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6
1D8+5 = [4]+5 = 9
2D8+10 = [6, 6]+10 = 22
So @Neurotic, did Maur accept the cure moderate wounds potion or did he insist it goes to someone else. I've decided Aureus will one of her cure light wounds potions on herself and she gives the other one to Phar.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meredith is too smart for her own good
Int 16 (+3), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 14 (+2)
For a dumb guard that is. :D
She is a ranger, not a fighter or a warrior. She uses her mind for her knowledge of the wilderness.

And the smith works with his knowledge more than with his hands
Str 11 (+1), Dex 9 (-1), Con 15 (+2), Int 16 (+3), Wis 12 (+2), Cha 11 (+1)
Look at his age. He's old. When he was younger, he was stronger.

cloak of Charisma +4 oooo, uuuuu, aaaaa, can Maur borrow it?! This is +2 to turning attempts ! :)

NPCs are short on HP, we will use quite a bit of the healing sticks :(
No.

While I did not specifically put "DM Only" for the Possessions spoilers for the NPCs, I figured I didn't have to say it!

EDIT: I've gone back and changed each NPC entry to make that clear. There are a few items that each NPC has on them that the PCs should not know about. Wieland has a few "unidentified" items on him that belong to Aries, for example.

Sorry for not being specific. I'm a bit embarrassed I missed something that should have been obvious to me. :oops:

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I'll use it on Caerth, instead. :)
Okay, so Carnell has 5 full-time guards/soldiers (including Brutus, Meridith, and Wieland). This doesn't include Sir Ghal, Sir Gareth, or Timmins. Right now, there are only 4 due to Raius's injury (w/poison) and him being taken to Fort Symas by Aeron. The other main guard is Ailward Stepney who is Sir Ghal's cohort.

The village's militia has 30 members (including Mabon) remaining after the attack from the rook-harpies. The bulk of these are either 1st-level warriors (14) or 1st-level fighters (9). There are also three 3rd-level warriors (including Elijah Wortham) and three 2nd-level fighters.

I've gone through and figured out all the various levels for the NPCs of Carnell, so if you want to have your PCs try to find help locally to fight against Tarrak's horde, you can make Knowledge (local) checks. Since they are new to the region, Angus and Maur have a -4 circumstance penalty to the roll. Caerth has a slight advantage since he's from Carnell, so the untrained roll gains a +4 luck bonus and he can gain more details about the information below with a roll above 15.

Caerth already knows there are other druids and rangers in the region, but he also knows they're not as skilled as him. All but one of them consider Aeron to be their mentor. The female half-elf druid, Syndra, rarely comes into the village. She is a lot older than Caerth.

Caerth also knows there aren't any barbarians or paladins living in or near Carnell, not even retired adventurers. He isn't aware of any bards, monks, or wizards in the village but such people have never been in his social circle (until he met Lorien and Phar). A childhood friend of his, Othrer, told him once that Lord Pendour had the ear of a strange sorcerer who lives under the stump of a giant tree somewhere in the wilderness. Of course, his half-orc friend was drunk at the time.

As far as Caerth knows, Sir Ghal is the strongest pure fighter in Carnell. Of course, Quinn is stronger than Sir Ghal. Most of the other fighters and warriors of the village are either past their prime (like Sir Gareth and Timmins) or really young (like Ailward and Brutus).

Like any community, Carnell has its thieves and outcasts but Caerth was told by Aeron to avoid them at all costs. The half-orc druid knows of the Brae Family who try to pass themselves off as rangers, but they act like rogues/thieves.
Knowledge local untrained: 1D20+1+4 = [6]+1+4 = 11

So no more information than what you've already posted.

How far away are the half-elf druid Syndra and the possible strange sorcerer under the stump of a giant tree? Close enough to call on for aid on short notice?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Distracting Attack (Miniatures Handbook) seems like a good feat for Screech. Maybe I can get it to be in combat more often, despite its obvious frailty, and that feat means that after it makes an attack (successful or not), everyone else gets +1 to attack that enemy.

I can see how an owl suddenly and silently attacking you is distracting. :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
No.
While I did not specifically put "DM Only" for the Possessions spoilers for the NPCs, I figured I didn't have to say it!

EDIT: I've gone back and changed each NPC entry to make that clear. There are a few items that each NPC has on them that the PCs should not know about. Wieland has a few "unidentified" items on him that belong to Aries, for example.

Sorry for not being specific. I'm a bit embarrassed I missed something that should have been obvious to me. :oops:

No, no, it was clear - that is their possession. I didn't put it in IC, I understand how it works.
But the fact that NPCs have items that could empower PCs significantly, and we're the ones who will carry the fight is fascinating. We have +3 composite bow for Phar (Meredith) +2 weapons (I believe no PC has the equivalent), various protection items and such...

We could win easier...But story-wise, here we have local heroes, a knight, elder guards, local healers etc...of course they have their items, we're not bandits

Hmmm...we don't get full night rest. But we gained a level...maybe a little something of recovery?

CLW wand for Maur: 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5
1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5
Maur is at -5 from max

wand 47/50

Spend on the PCs first, NPCs who will fight up to 10/50

Remove ads