Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Once we track the fugitives, we can count on some time off while divining, trade, create, search and otherwise work on downtime activities. Can't we?

Maurs would be to organize dwarves of the area to rebuild the town, the farm we will buy and make sir quinns manor and also build Moradins shrine in the cavern.

During that period he would redeem what he can with others helping as they can

By specialties:
Angus and Caerth could search for the monks
Phar could try and make that sky clay...hmmm...@Knightfall Maur has some amount of shapesand...it can become whatever by the will of the user...can I sacrifuce some or all of that?

Finally, Quinn could train the militia and get to know sir Ghal and the lady better, maybe run the town with them?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Once we track the fugitives, we can count on some time off while divining, trade, create, search and otherwise work on downtime activities. Can't we?
More than likely. ;)

I assumed you guys were going to use some divinations to help find and catch Eike and Xander. Or is it just let Caerth track them?

@JustinCase:
I have to doublecheck to see if Caerth was able to find the prints. I think it's close. If not, Aureus can probably find the footprints but won't be able to follow them. Your tracking check is probably good enough. ;)

Neurotic said:
Maurs would be to organize dwarves of the area to rebuild the town, the farm we will buy and make sir quinns manor and also build Moradins shrine in the cavern.

During that period he would redeem what he can with others helping as they can
Okay. :)

Note that buying the farm won't be super cheap and Lady Pendour would want the farming to continue if the PCs do buy it. I'll figure out how much ready coin and gems the PCs have on hand, now, and then figure out the purchase price.

By specialties:
Angus and Caerth could search for the monks
Phar could try and make that sky clay...hmmm...@Knightfall Maur has some amount of shapesand...it can become whatever by the will of the user...can I sacrifuce some or all of that?

Finally, Quinn could train the militia and get to know sir Ghal and the lady better, maybe run the town with them?
Dude, you have the coolest items in your inventory. :D

Okay, so you can use the shapesand to create the magical clay needed. 1 lb. is needed for the ritual. That would mean that the PCs could perform the ritual either before hunting for the fugitives or right after defeating them.

Note, Galzadar can't stay hogtied in the grove for days while the PCs are hunting for the bad guys. Well, at least not without some sort of shelter to protect him from the elements. (It's an open-air grove not a enclosed shrine/temple.) He'd have to be locked up in the manor until the ritual can be completed, at the very least.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Since the fight was just after dusk (I think), there is just enough time for the PCs to rest 8 hours and wake up with the dawn. Or you guys can rest a full 24 hours.

EDIT: It was either just after dusk or midnight. I can't remember which one.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I was going to take a nap, but my stupid neighbors are making noise again.

Anyway, it took the PCs and NPCs 6 hours to return to Carnell after the fight in the cave and everyone has rested at least 8 hours since then. So, if the fight took place at dusk, then the survivors return from the cave around 3 A.M. and then sleep for 8 more hours, which will make it 11 A.M. the next day.

If the PCs are actually waking up with the dawn, then it has been 29 to 30 hours instead. Otherwise it has only been around 12 to 13 hours since the end of the fight.

(I forgot there was also the two hours it took for the PCs to go to the cave. The attack on Carnell happened right after that happened.)

Assuming 15 hours and that Xander travels at his normal speed and Eike rides Mabon's horse at a normal pace, Xander can get 16 miles and Eike can get 48 miles in that 15 hour period (8 hours travel; resting 7 hours). Both have darkvision and are not hampered by the night. Xander is dazzled during daylight hours without eye protection, however.

If they stick to the southern trail that goes from Carnell to the Pillar of Soldiers then Xander can make it two hexes from Carnell while Eike can make it 5-1/2 hexes. (Each hex on the campaign map [see below] is 8 miles.) This would put Eike at the pillar, which is a stopping over point in the hills 28 miles southeast of Fort Symas.

(Fort Symas is where Lorien and Aeron are currently located.)

Eike could go off the trail across trackless wilderness through the Wasting Shores but it is a lot tougher route and way more dangerous. Xander would be stupid to go off the trail but you never know with villains running from the law.

If it is more like 32 hours, then both can travel those distances, rest for 8 hours, travel for another 8 hours, rest for 8 hours, and then travel for another 8 hours. Xander will have travelled 48 miles on foot and Eike would have travelled 144 miles on Mabon's horse. This assumes they use the full time to travel then rest and then travel again (risking nonlethal damage for Xander and lethal damage for Mabon's horse).

Xander would have gone just over 5 hexes and just be approaching the pillar (assuming he sticks to the trail). Eike would be able to travel just over 14 hexes (112 miles). He loses time in the hills but not much. He would have passed by the Elderspire, a watch tower that sits in the hills along the edge of the Wasting Shore. Note that patrols in this area of the Strandlands are few and far between.

@JustinCase:
Since Caerth was born and raised in Carnell, he knows the lands around the village and the key places where stopovers are likely to occur. He knows both have fled south and that Xander is likely to stick to the trail while on foot. With a horse, Eike could go overland and head somewhere unexpected. As long as Eike doesn't push Mabon's horse, he has an advantage of speed.

Caerth is 100% positive they are not fleeing together.

Crow God Overview Map.jpg

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So, @JustinCase and @Scotley, reroll for the tiebreak for the amulet.

Scotley, you could also forgo the roll and simply claim the headband of intellect +4 captured from the dead necromancer and given to the PCs by Timmins.
Loot reroll: 1D20 = [14] = 14
And, while Spinereaver isn't actually inherently evil, it isn't something the PCs should use in its current form. I would be willing to let the PCs redeem it as if it was evil and the humanbane would become undeadbane. Doing so would really piss off the Cult of Malotoch (and the demon goddess) and the unknown creator of the blade. :devilish:
Upsetting a demon goddess is a good argument, in my opinion (and Caerth's). The fact that it is humanbane, by itself, is not necessarily an objection, I think.
I assumed you guys were going to use some divinations to help find and catch Eike and Xander. Or is it just let Caerth track them?

@JustinCase:
I have to doublecheck to see if Caerth was able to find the prints. I think it's close. If not, Aureus can probably find the footprints but won't be able to follow them. Your tracking check is probably good enough. ;)
I figure we try tracking first, then if that seems to get us nowhere we can use divinations. Save spells if possible.
Note that buying the farm won't be super cheap and Lady Pendour would want the farming to continue if the PCs do buy it. I'll figure out how much ready coin and gems the PCs have on hand, now, and then figure out the purchase price.
Of course. And Caerth is perfectly willing to tend to the farming, perhaps find a druid apprentice to look after the crops and/or cattle while he is away.
Okay, so you can use the shapesand to create the magical clay needed. 1 lb. is needed for the ritual. That would mean that the PCs could perform the ritual either before hunting for the fugitives or right after defeating them.

Note, Galzadar can't stay hogtied in the grove for days while the PCs are hunting for the bad guys. Well, at least not without some sort of shelter to protect him from the elements. (It's an open-air grove not a enclosed shrine/temple.) He'd have to be locked up in the manor until the ritual can be completed, at the very least.
Yeah, I figured there would have to be some sort of solution. That's why Caerth wants to give the elf such a high priority (along with the risk of attracting vengeful demons and cultists).
@JustinCase:
Since Caerth was born and raised in Carnell, he knows the lands around the village and the key places where stopovers are likely to occur. He knows both have fled south and that Xander is likely to stick to the trail while on foot. With a horse, Eike could go overland and head somewhere unexpected. As long as Eike doesn't push Mabon's horse, he has an advantage of speed.

Caerth is 100% positive they are not fleeing together.
Good, Caerth will pass on this information to the others. We will have to decide who to chase first, Eike or Xander.
Roll random encounters for them, maybe something eats them on the way :p
Can I like this comment with both "Laugh" and "Love"? Because I want to! :D

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Quinn needs bed rest, but I cant find how much con damage he took at this time. might just be 8 hours, might be all day.

Having personally survived septic shock and 6 weeks induced coma, I actually understand the difference!

Remove ads