• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Ten
Caerth: 21 (casts summoning spell; full-round action)
Quinn: 21 (5-ft step, readies action)
Cultist #1: 19 (5-ft. step, casts healing spell)
Wieland: 17 (double move)
Brutus: 13 (digs out potion)
Aureus: 11 (moves to help Angus; shoots bow)
Timmins: 10 (double move)
Hirasean: 9 (casts healing spell defensively)
Cultist Bard: 9 (casts spell on Quinn; moves south 15 feet)
Meridith: 8 (moves 10 ft.; shoots bow)
Angus: 6
Phar: 5

Cultists [with crossbows] (x3): 5
Maur: 4
Cultist (Thomke): 4
Cultists #11: 4

BTW, since Angus can only attack with the lance at 10 feet distance I shouldn't have moved him right next to the cultist on the battle map for last round. He should be 5 ft. to the east. I have adjusted him on the map to the right position.

The cultist that Angus hit last round steps back diagonally 5 feet and casts cure light wounds on himself. Wieland doubles moves down the eastern corridor to stand just behind Angus. (He will try to help him next round, if he can.) Brutus digs out two healing potions and drinks one of them.

Cultist - Cure Light Wounds: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11
Brutus - Cure Serious Wounds potion: 3D8+8 = [6, 2, 8]+8 = 24

Aureus moves into the eastern corridor and shoots at the cultist who cast shatter at Angus's weapon last round.

Aureus - Composite Longbow: 1D20+13 = [7]+13 = 20
1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11
| I forgot the +2 for Maur's spell so the attack is 22, which is a hit!

Timmins double moves south to stand right behind Maur, backing him up.

The champion, Hirasean, casts cure moderate wounds defensively. The Concentration check is DC 17.

Hirasean - Concentration check and Cure Moderate Wounds: 1D20+13 = [10]+13 = 23; 2D8+4 = [2, 6]+4 = 12 (success)

@ScottDeWar_jr, the cultist bard tries to cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on Quinn. Will negates; the DC is 16. Remember you get a +2 bonus for Maur's Recitation spell. After she casts the spell, she retreats down the corridor to put herself in between the three cultists with crossbows.

Meridith moves 10 feet and shoots her bow at the cultist with the demon claw hands. Her shot is a miss.

Meridith - Shortbow: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9; 1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Revised battle map...
Corridor Fight - Round Ten.png

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
so, as I was in the middle of typing, hang the chain, a move action, then move 5 feet forward, and attack with Cruel Justice with two hands which give a 50% bonus to the strength bonus to damage, rounded down.

you cannot move 5' forward if you used your move action.
The simplest move action is moving your speed. If you take this kind of move action during your turn, you can’t also take a 5-foot step.

Also, why not just free action drop one weapon and fight with the other?
Also also :) you need quick draw feat

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
you cannot move 5' forward if you used your move action.
The simplest move action is moving your speed. If you take this kind of move action during your turn, you can’t also take a 5-foot step.

Also, why not just free action drop one weapon and fight with the other?
Also also :) you need quick draw feat
Okay, so I think my wires got crossed somewhere. I assumed he meant to put the chain away and then ready an action to attack anyone who came near him, but somehow I got it in my mind that he could take a 5-ft. step too because his move action was putting away the chain not actually moving.

Sigh.

It's late and I'm tired. We'll worry about it tomorrow. :sleep:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Okay, I know the text says the summoned creature acts immediately, but it means they act immediately after Caerth finishes casting the spell. Remember that summoning spells are considered full-round actions. The two bears appears just before your initiative at the beginning of round 11.

So, the bears will attack at the top of round 11 and they get their full attacks.

That assumes the bad guys don't interrupt his spell casting before then either with damage (unlikely) or using a counterspell option.
Right, I keep forgetting that Summoning spells take a full round. Next round is bear surprise then! :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Okay, so I think my wires got crossed somewhere. I assumed he meant to put the chain away and then ready an action to attack anyone who came near him, but somehow I got it in my mind that he could take a 5-ft. step too because his move action was putting away the chain not actually moving.

Sigh.

It's late and I'm tired. We'll worry about it tomorrow. :sleep:
DMs prerogative ... yeah, I'm not re-doing the map, you moved :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads