Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Does Caerth know about the ghouls' paralysis abilities?

RAW, it's a Knowledge (religion) check to know about undead creatures, and the DC is 10 + the creature's hit dice (so 12, unless you adapted it from the base creature). But if you're untrained in that skill (which Caerth is), then it's only possible to get general information (DC 10 and lower).

So I guess this druid doesn't know about undead? :unsure:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Does Caerth know about the ghouls' paralysis abilities?

RAW, it's a Knowledge (religion) check to know about undead creatures, and the DC is 10 + the creature's hit dice (so 12, unless you adapted it from the base creature). But if you're untrained in that skill (which Caerth is), then it's only possible to get general information (DC 10 and lower).

So I guess this druid doesn't know about undead? :unsure:
Caerth can get the general information about ghouls. Personally, it would be generally known that if ghoul bites and claws you, it has a bad effect. He might not know it is paralysis, but he'd know it wouldn't just be regular wounds. Of course, I believe when the first set of ghouls attacked at the beginning of the combat first appears someone yelled out a warning about not letting them get a chance to bite. I don't think the character actually used the word paralysis, however.

Caerth would know enough to be cautious.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@JustinCase What language is Caerth speaking? Harqualian? Or did he speak to me in Centaurish?
More than likely he is speaking Harqualian (aka Common). Caerth knows Common, Orc, Druid, and Sylvan. Sylvan would be closest to the Centaur language. There would be some understanding on Angus's part, roughly 35%... maybe as high as 40%.

But yes, Caerth is probably speaking to Angus in Common.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BTW, I have physio later on today, so I'm going to try to get through another round of posts for this fight before having to get ready. I'll save my post for the Bluffside game for later on in the evening.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Tellerian Hawke, the area that Angus is fighting in is considered cramped conditions for him. He's relatively okay where he's standing now, but once you move forward 5 ft., the walls will be in the way slightly. He can make a 5-ft. step and make a full attack, but I'd say he has a -2 circumstance penalty to his attacks but not to damage.

Note that the corridors in this area of the temple are less smooth in appearance.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round 16 (Updated)
Caerth and Angus vs. the Ghouls
Caerth: 21
Cultist #1: 19 (flees through other door)
Ghoul Guards [x2] [vs. Angus & Caerth]: 9
Angus: 6 ⬅️

Maur vs. Xander
Cultist (Eike): 13 (runs in fear this round, takes AoO from Maur)
Aureus: 11 (full attack vs. Xander, two hits)
Maur: 4 ⬅️
Xander (duergar): 2

Quinn vs. the Cultist?
Cultist: 5
Quinn: 4 ⬅️

Not in Combat this Round
Brutus: 13
Aries Zeidan: 13
Timmins: 10
Wieland: 7
Phar: 5
Meridith: 2

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
More than likely he is speaking Harqualian (aka Common). Caerth knows Common, Orc, Druid, and Sylvan. Sylvan would be closest to the Centaur language. There would be some understanding on Angus's part, roughly 35%... maybe as high as 40%.

But yes, Caerth is probably speaking to Angus in Common.

I think so. I generally assume Common is used unless stated otherwise.

Remove ads