Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Then again, figuring out the exact volume each time could be a headache. I didn't take into account that the corridors are 10 feet high, so more than likely Wieland and the second cultist wouldn't have been caught in the blast. Of course, that assumes Real World physics and a fireball with actual pressure.

Hmm, something to think about. :unsure:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Battle map for Angus, Caerth and Quinn...
Corridor Fight -  Round 16 Angus, Caerth and Quinn.png

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It lasts for another round I believe and then ends (on round 18)
Yes, I think it ends in round 18 just before Maur's turn, so those who act before the dwarf still gains it benefits. I think, I'm not sure.

Fireball fills the same AREA - I don't see the problem with it...unless I'm missing something.
See, that's how I've always thought it should work.

We shouldn't have to worry about volume; we just need to know how many squares it should fill and it fills that amount of squares on the battle map. Height shouldn't matter in the game. If anyone was flying above the 5 feet from the floor, they would still be affected, IMO. If it was higher than that, I'd probably allow that character a bonus on the save or say they only take half damage on a failed save and 1/4 on a successful save.

Regardless, I don't want to think about it that much. This a game not real life. As long as we all agree, it is fine how we judge it going forward. 20-ft radius spread spell would fill up to 48 squares in the corridor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Doh!

I forgot to include the space of the open doorway into the brazier room. So, while Xander would be caught in his own blast and Timmins would be affected, Meridith, Wieland, and the two cultists wouldn't be affected be based on the number of squares. It would come close to Meridith but not quite reach her.

The black bear does get hit, however. so, poof, it's gone.

So, I'm going to edit my post and say that fireball didn't reach the other NPCs.

Fireball.png

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Quinn does not like fireballs cast on him, and seeing a bear run from a flash of flame light, and having seen the centaur head toward the goofy half-orc that ran pellmell down a dark hallway, he knows something that may need his personal attention up north.

I like fireball in all of its A D&D glory, including the lack of caps on max die. I am olllllld school, had my teeth cut on the game when I was in the Air Force in the early 80's.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I would say anyone under 20' flight would be scorched, no save bonus unless they are at the edge of the blast. It is a sphere 20' radius, so it goes up 20' too.

Remove ads