• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Scotley

Hero
I'm trying to get a sense of the full map and how far Phar is from Tarrak's foes. Any chance he can move close enough to catch Angus, Maur,and Quinn in the 20' burst of a shield of law? I'm guessing it will require a 30' move this round and next round to make that happen. Is 60' enough? What about a double move this time and a single move and casting next round?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm trying to get a sense of the full map and how far Phar is from Tarrak's foes. Any chance he can move close enough to catch Angus, Maur,and Quinn in the 20' burst of a shield of law? I'm guessing it will require a 30' move this round and next round to make that happen. Is 60' enough? What about a double move this time and a single move and casting next round?
Phar is 55 feet away from Angus, 65 feet from Maur, and 80 feet from Quinn. If he double moves up the slope this round, he will be able to move a total of 30 feet. That would put him in between Bothild (the female dwarf) and Henry. After that, he could move up the slope again as a single move (15 ft.) and use the staff.

You could also make a single move up the slope and use the staff this round to protect not only Aureus and Phar, but also Bothild, Henry, Lady Pendour, Scarborax, Triastan, and/or Wieland. Then Phar could double move in the next round and then use it again after that. However...

Don't you have the fly spell memorized for Phar? ;)

Note that Shield of Law's "Targets" entry says: one creature/level in a 20-ft. radius burst centered on you. Phar uses the caster level of the staff (CL 15), not his own. So, he can protect up to 7 characters/creatures with one use of the staff. If he was to protect the NPCs this round, he'd have to either not include himself or pick one of the seven NPCs not to protect.

However, can he pick the targets or does it just work for those within the burst radius? I'm thinking it the former since it only protects so many targets, but I'm not 100% sure. You definitely don't want Tarrak to be inadvertently protected by the staff of defense's power. As I stated before, no where in the spell's description does it say that the spell won't protect chaotic creatures. It probably should say that, but it doesn't.

For now, let's assume that Phar can pick his targets. That seems logical. This isn't a fireball spell, after all.

Scotley

Hero
The fly spell might be just the ticket. I think I'll push the decision down the road just a little this round and help the closer folk. And Phar...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Battle map for @Scotley after Phar's actions...

Map 2 for Scotley.png

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For @JustinCase Only:
So, with the failed save, Caerth has contracted Ghoul Fever. It takes a day to incubate, so he's not going to suffer any ill effects until 24 hours have passed. Now, you know that but Caerth doesn't know. He knows something feels wrong after being bitten.

A successful Knowledge (religion) check (DC 19) will allow Caerth to know what he's contracted, what the effects will be, and how best to deal with it. I don't believe he can use Heal on himself, but Maur could help the half-orc druid after the fight is over. (Maur has a total bonus of +10 on Heal checks.)

Aureus could also help as she has a +6 on Heal checks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Better 14 on a save than on an attack ;)

Targeting spells: (for Phars choosing the targets)
Some spells have a target or targets. You cast these spells on creatures or objects, as defined by the spell itself. You must be able to see or touch the target, and you must specifically choose that target

Remove ads