• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out how the glitterdust spell would interact with the miss chance for damning darkness.

Personally, I don't think it would negate the 20% miss chance, but it would mean that Quinn wouldn't have a 50% miss chance against Tarrak due to not being able to see in the dark at all. Plus, anyone shooting at Tarrak from above (except Phar) would only have to deal with the 20% miss chance instead of a 50% miss chance. Phar, with his low-light vision, only has to deal with a 20% miss chance.

So, the spell helps those without darkvision or low-light vision see Tarrak better, but it doesn't negate the 20% miss chance due to the magic of the damning darkness.

Does that seem reasonable?

EDIT: Found this... it is Pathfinder but it seems to tell me what should occur...

From that, I would say it wouldn't affect the 20% miss chance. It probably shouldn't affect the 50% miss chance for total darkness but I've already ruled that it does. The main point would be that if Tarrak tried to use the Hide skill, he'd suffer a -40 to the check.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so Tarrak just cast shield of faith, which means his AC is now 31.
(This is another one of the spells I chose not to cast right away [along with stone bones] because I thought it was going to make Tarrak too hard to hit. With the phylactery, his total AC would have been 34, but now that Angus has destroyed that item, I think 31 isn't out of reach for the PCs.)

@ScottDeWar_jr and @Neurotic:
Quinn and Maur are up next!

SDWj has already rolled his save vs. the glitterdust spell and Neurotic has rolled his attack rolls for this round and missed.

EDIT: Heading back to bed for a while.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
We need flanking and/or grabbing so we attack "only" flat-footed AC :(
Here's another look at the area around the crevasse. Flanking will be difficult with where Tarrak is standing. Caerth could 'squeeze' into the space on other side of the stalagmite (two below his current position) and Maur could move to 'under' where Quinn is flying above. There would be flanking but Tarrak would have cover from the stalagmite vs. Caerth. (Caerth would also have cover from Tarrak.) Hmm, that assumes you can flank through cover... I'll have to check.

Regardless, both Maur and Caerth would have to risk AoOs from Tarrak to move to those spots.

Round 22 Minimap.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads