Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
We are just talking all over each other, aren't we? :D ok. I now understand what is going on xp wise. I will fix this soon. I am fixing dinner right now.

Scott DeWar

I assume you're going to stick with Fighter for level 8, right?
Can you imagine him with monk levels? j/k not lawful

Let me think here, his stats were optimized for fighter by VV

going for lv 8 fighter
feat [fighter] Whirlwind Attack: full round att to attack all within reach
hitpoints: a roll of 6 +3 con gives 9 hp for this level for a total of 100
stat boost: wis for 14

skill points: 2+1 [int] improved Climb, Jump and swim

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Thanks for the update on xp! Went back to the RG and updated it, and was then confused about why I would still not levelup... and why I was supposedly level 7.

But then I discovered I was already updated to level 8, I just forgot to change that number at the very top. Silly me. :)

Caerth could carry both weapons, and he did carry Cruel Justice for a while. But he's fine with the sword being held by someone else.

Using Kang would make for an interesting dynamic in the half-orc, I think, although that may also cause more tension within the group. I'm fine with that (I love RP-ing such things) but I want to be sure the others are alright with that.

Scott DeWar

Something I discovered while re-familiarizing myself with Quinn: His racial bonus for skill points

as he was a gladiator, I figured part of the fight was to 'psych out his opponent, right? so I put all the missing points in intimidate. However, it would seem he would have learned some sort of knowledge too, just what?

level up is not complete.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Something I discovered while re-familiarizing myself with Quinn: His racial bonus for skill points

as he was a gladiator, I figured part of the fight was to 'psych out his opponent, right? so I put all the missing points in intimidate. However, it would seem he would have learned some sort of knowledge too, just what?

level up is not complete.
Yeah, I noticed that his skills weren't done correctly. Voda Vosa must have missed the bonus skill points for being human. I do use a skill from the Arcanis campaign setting d20 sourcebook called Examine Martial Technique, which is a class skill for fighters. I use the player's guide in PC Gen, but I don't have all the details for it (*). The skill uses Wisdom.

I also use the City Lore (Wis) skill from the Oathbound hardcover, as well as the Sapper skill from AEG's DUNGEON sourcebook. I do own both of those books.

You could take any Craft skill for Quinn (both Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing come to mind). Since Quinn grew up in a port city, he could have learned Craft (Sailmaking) or Craft (Shipmaking).

And I'm okay with you taking a Profession skill as a class skill. Options for fighters will include Profession (Siege Engineer), Profession (Gladiator), Profession (Military Commander), and Profession (Soldier). Gladiator will be a homebrewed skill option for fighters and fighter-thugs. (It should be an easy add into PC Gen. {fingers crossed})

For Knowledge, you could go Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering), Knowledge (local) or my homebrewed Knowledge (Lands of Harqual) skill. It's a geography-based skill specific to the continent of Harqual. Of course, Knowledge skills are cross-class skills for fighters.

* I thought I had the PDF version, but it turns out I have the PDF version of the original Codex Arcanis book (updated to v.3.5), but it doesn't have the skills listed in the book. :(

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's how Quinn came out in PC Gen using the human bonus skill points on Intimidate only. I added a point to Wisdom, added Whirlwind Attack. (Note that I've cleaned up the text to make it more readable.)

FYI, I noted that you added both the MW and the +1 magic bonus together for your spiked chain. Magical bonuses supersede the Masterwork quality, so his attacks should be +14/+9. Also, the attacks for Quinn's long bow should be +11/+6, not +11/+8.

He also gets to speak the Charan language since he's considered to be of that ethnicity. The extra skills listed are those that he can use untrained.

QUINN INAGUI
Male Human (Charan, Harqualian) fighter 8
TN medium humanoid (human, Harqualian)
Init +2; Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages Charan, Dwarven, Harqualian Common
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17; Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility
hp 100 (8HD)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +5
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Melee +1 spiked chain (two handed) +14/+9 (2d4+9)
Melee masterwork longsword +13/+8 (1d8+4/19-20)
Melee unarmed strike +12/+7 (1d3+4)
Ranged +1 composite longbow (+4 Str) +11/+6 (1d8+5/x3)
Ranged net +6/+1 (/none/x0)
Face 5 ft. Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +8; Grp +12
Atk Options Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Abilities Str 18 (+4), Dex 14 (+2), Con 16 (+3), Int 13 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 12 (+1)
Special Qualities Bonus Fighter Feats, Human Racial Traits (Feat and Skill Bonuses), Humanoid Traits, Weapon and Armor Proficiencies (Fighter)
Feats Combat Expertise, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain), Improved Trip, Mobility, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (Spiked Chain), Weapon Specialization (Spiked Chain), Whirlwind Attack
Skills Appraise +1, Balance -1, Black Market +2, Bluff +1, City Lore +2, Climb +12, Concentration +3, Craft (Untrained) +1, Diplomacy +1, Disguise +1, Escape Artist -1, Forgery +1, Gather Information +1, Heal +2, Hide -1, Intimidate +12, Jump -5, Listen +2, Move Silently -1, Perform (Untrained) +1, Ride +13, Sapper +4, Search +1, Search (Stash Item) +1, Sense Motive +2, Spot +2, Survival +2, Swim +9, Use Rope +2
Possessions gloves of ogre power; +1 spiked chain; +2 breastplate; cloak of resistance +1; boots of the winterlands; waterskin (filled); Handy Haversack [ Bag, Coin; Net; Masterwork Longsword; Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x5); Pot (Iron); Rations (Trail/Per Day) (x10); Bedroll; Flint and Steel; ]; Bag, Coin [ Coin (Silver) (x4); Coin (Gold) (x37); ]; Pot (Iron) ; Efficient Quiver [ Arrows (20) (x3); ]; +1 composite longbow (+4 Str)

Created using PCGen 6.08.00 RC6 on Aug. 19, 2019
Player: Scott DeWar; Character Name: Quinn Inagui

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, I'm going to start working on the next post sometime today. It will take the PCs through the next 24 hours until Sir Balorix leaves with Hornauer and Lycia for the southern half of the Strandlands.

It will include the current happenings in Carnell, as well as any rumors the PCs hear during that time. You guys can choose to roll Gather Information. Here is Aureus' roll: 1d20+2=15

She did well enough that she learns most of the major news of the day (note that she now speaks the Common tongue of the continent fluently). Your PCs can choose to Aid her roll or use the time for other needs: buying & selling, diplomacy, etc.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As part of my next post, I'm going to have Aureus give Cruel Justice to Quinn. And I think we've agreed that Caerth will take Kang. Unless you guys object, I'm going to have Aureus claim the wererat assassin's magical longbow and arrows.

Remove ads