• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] From Whence None Return

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Say Maui, You and I are a little scratched, You think, since we may encounter larger fish then those there, we might want to go in at a little less damaged?"

jbear

First Post
"Te Bloodsuckers are in te water. They come to te light. Make te magic light over there on te other wall quickly" points Maui, hoping that one of the magic users is able to create a magical light as he shuffles back from the edge taking out his wand of healing.

He gives himself a few taps in the areas where he feels the most pain before putting it away and putting a hand out to recieve Vincenzo's wand after which he does the same to his friend's wounds and returns the wand.

[sblock=OOC]Assuming a few things here about the time available to Maui and his ability to use his wand and then take Vincenzo's and heal them. If the leech swarm is approaching drawn by the light, casting light somwhere nearby should be enough to fool them to head over and check it out, hopefully, buying some time to heal up fully.
Maui would use up to 3 taps I think (3d8+3=16); I will just wait for confirmation that I can do that, and will have Maui gently step backwards if necessary. [/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 8 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (Touch 14; FFt 18)
HP: 74 Current: 54+16
CMB: +12 CMD: 25 Fort: +9 Reflex: +8 Will: +11

Conditions: Longstrider (7hrs); Mage Armour (1 hr); Guidance: (1 min); Aspect of the Falcon (8 mins; +3 perception)

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +13/+8; 1d6+6 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; Longstrider: Used, Detect Snares and Pits: Used, Aspect of the Falcon:Used
2nd: Bull's Strength 2/2, Bark Skin, Delay Poison
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang, Resinous Skin, Empty Slot
4th: Thorn Body, Empty Slot
Wild Shape: 3/4 uses left per day

[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +13; 1d8+7; 2 Claws: +13; 1d4 +7 dmg
Special: Trip
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +13; 1d6+7; 2 Talons: +13; 1d8+7 dmg; Foreclaws: +7; 1d4+4
Special: Pounce
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape III]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 17 (21) , touch 15 , flat-footed 14 (18)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +14; 2d6+8 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +14 ; 2d4+8 dmg (+Grab)
Special: Pounce, Rake
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 10-3/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 45/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 47/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 46/50
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 58 Current: 58
CMB: Trip/Disarm +11 CMD: 26 (29 vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +5 (+9 vs enchant)

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hr) Magic Fang (Bite) (1 min)

Bite: +11 (+12); 1d6+4 (+5) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +11 ; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel cocks his head a moment, listening to the chittering at his ears and scratching sound on the walls, then he nods.

"I keep forgetting some people need the glowies to see by," he says. "The jibber jabbers and I don't use that, I'm afraid. Oh! But we can make some splashing. Let's try that!"

Weel makes a shooing motion with his hands, and the whispers around him do seem to disappear. There's a swirling motion in the air at the other end of the pool, and from it, a patter of water seems to splash along the surface of the pond.

[sblock=ooc]Weel intentionally doesn't know any light spells, I'm afraid. He's even swapped out the racial Daylight, so he won't be any help there.

I figure either Mage Hand or Create Water, though, could be used to make some splashing in the water, trying to attract leechy attention that way. Mage Hand would be my first choice, but since the Scoop spell exists, I'm fine if you rule he'd need to make a little rain with Create Water, instead. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Weel Naxel

Initiative: +1
AC: 21 (23 w/ Magic Vestment)
HP:76 Current: 76
Senses: Perception 4, Sense Motive 2
CMB: +11 CMD: 22 Fort: +6
Reflex: +5
Will: +8
Spell Resistance: 13 vs. evil descriptor / evil outsiders

Conditions:
* Magic Vestment (8 hours)
* Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
* Lead Blades (8 minutes), damage bump to 3d6 on Greatsword

In Hand: Iron Weapon (Greatsword)

Common Attacks:

(Cold) Iron Weapon Options Attack: +12/+07 = [BAB (06/01) + STR (05) + Enhance (01)]
Damage (Greatsword): 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2, S
Damage (Halberd): 1d10+8, Crit: x3, P or S, brace, trip
Damage (Earthbreaker): 2d6+8, Crit: x3, B
Damage (Lucerne Hammer): 1d12+8, Crit: x2, B or P, brace, reach

Conditional: -2/+4 (+6 2H) Power Attack
Furious Focus negates 1st attack penalty for 2H
+1 attack if moving at least 10' during turn

Iron Weapon (8 minutes, +1 cold iron): 5/6 Remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Spark, Stabilize
1st (5/7 remaining)(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Lead Blades, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Sun Metal
2nd (7/7 remaining)(DC 15): Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Grace, Heat Metal, Levitate, Make Whole, Minor Image, Shatter, Silence
3rd (3/6 remaining)(DC 16): Cure Serious Wounds, Keen Edge, Magic Vestment, Stone Shape
4th (3/3 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo: down 21 points:
1d8+1=3
1d8+1=3 running gagtotal: 6
1d8+1=3 oh come on, 3 in a row!?!? running gagtotal: 9
1d8+1=4 **eye roll** running gagtotal: 13
1d8+1=6 this was really sad. gagtotal: 19
down by 2.

Vincenzo watches the wand sputter out its healing as Maui takes 5 charges to heal him. "I guess the necromancer's magic is suppressing the healing of the wand."

---long pause---

"Wait, blood suckers? As in leaches? Fitting for a fetid swamp. How do we get rid of them?"

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem finishes going through his pack and grumbles to himself aloud, "All this gear in my pack, and not one sunrod? Seriously? What the hell was I thinking?" Coming to his senses he stares out at the danger Maui noticed and tries to allow for his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

Mini-Stats:
[sblock]
HP: 44, AC: 23, AC Touch: 21, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +7, BAB: +5, CMB: +6, CMD: 23
Fortitude: +6, Reflex:+11, Will: +9, Speed: 40'

Unarmed Strike: Attack: +12 = [BAB (5) + Dex (5) + Size (1) + Weapon Focus (1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +12/+12/+7 = [Monk(7) + Dex(5) + TWF (-2) +WF(1) +Size(1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1+1d6 fire/1d6+1+1d6 fire/1d6+1+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui shakes his head at Vincenzo. "No. Not te liches. Te bloodsuckers. Maui does not think te liches live in te water if they make te big mumbo jumbo magic stick that chase te magic away. And I hope if there is te lich, there is te one lich and not te many liches. But if te bloodsucker is te liches then Maui thinks they are not so scary. But I think te boss man of te Pearl is telling te lies, because te bloodsucers have no hands to make te kete, so how can it make te magic stick?" Maui shakes his head decided. "No. Not te liches. Te bloodsucker. No hands." He looks back imploringly at Menik. "You have te light Menik? Quick before Maui throw you in te water to distract te bloodsuckers."

Scott DeWar

"Right, bloodsucking LEEEEEches, not the [FONT=&quot]lĭches."[/FONT] Obviously, Vincenzo does not understand what he is saying wrong.

kinem

Adventurer
Menik can't help but chuckle a little. "I don't have a light, but a sunrod should do fine. Leeches are bloodsuckers, liches are undead. Not the same. Well, vampires are undead bloodsuckers, but that's different."

Remove ads