[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

"Stop complainin' damnit! Undead are stronger at night, sun weakens them, or so I'm told. I won't go into an undead infested fort durin' the night, what if there are vampires there? The sentries are just skeletons with bows, we'll cleave their skulls tomorrow." Muzdum says scolding. He would rather smack some bones right now, but the intelligent thing to do is wait, which does not get him cheerful precisely.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"Well, for me, anyway," Tamarie muses as she scratches behind her ear, inadvertently drawing attention to the little tuft of dark hair growing near the tapered point, "No rain… and a little space… is an improvement. I love being able to see the stars at night."

The songweaver sighs, "No voice practice in the morning, though. That part is not as good."

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Backtracking away from the pillars to the river, you find a suitable place to camp. Placing yourselves behind a thick patch of trees, you are sure that even the keenest set of eyes would not be able to see you from the pillars. But, if you walk fifty feet to the side, you can see the pillar formations in the moonlight. You are far enough out now that you cannot tell if the sentries are still in their positions or not.

While there is water in the river, Tamarie is only able to find a few berries in the bushes. It is only enough to stave off hunger for three people.

Without light other than faint moonlight that dips behind the clouds at times, the dwarf and aasimar get tasked with watching over the others while they sleep. For the early morning hours, the half-elf struggles to see, but dawn soon arrives without battle.

[sblock=Status]Precautions: no campfire, no early morning singing.
11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ survival (1d20-1=4)
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ survival (1d20+4=5)
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ survival (1d20+5=8)
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ survival (1d20=8)
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 ~ Tamarie ~ survival (1d20=14)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie wrinkles her nose at the poor foraging harvest. "We'll have to supplement this," she comments. Reaching into her bag, she draws out her supplies of rations and uses them, plus the harvested berries, to build meal plans for herself and the 3 others without. "We're all gonna be a little hungry, but this is better."

[sblock=Partitioning]Making the possibly unjustified assumption that we'll have about as good or bad luck foraging in the future, Tamarie splits her remaining rations (she started with 5 days supply and has eaten one) to stretch over four people for three days before running out. This will mean a little more for those without, but also adds variety, which is both tastefully and nutritionally important.[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus wakes and dons his armor. After hastily consuming some trail rations, he draws a rough diagram in the dirt of the approaches to the enemy camp. "So, the first question is this: the road, or the open southern approach?" Darvus grimaces sheepishly and continues, "And second... uh... are we taking the horses? To be quite honest I think we'll lose more time tumbling off them then slogging it on foot."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
Devlin wakes with yawn as the sun begins to rise and its rays dance through the trees. Not setting up the tent during the night (in case they had to flee) did not make for a comforatble evening, but he slept peacefully beneath the canopy of trees. First thing he sets about doing is creating the necessary admixtures and potions he may need for the day before everyone wakes and is ready to leave. This time though, he decides it might not be prudent to set the "alarm" off for everyone.

At Darvus's comment, Devlin peeks up from his mixing and agrees with the man. "I don't believe Molly would be very appreciative of me riding her through this tangle of wood, though she would be more than happy if we took the road. A few little monsters never bothered her much so if we go that route I shouldn't have anythign to fear of her bucking me off, but the more concealed route may be in store for us today."

[sblock=OOC]
I will just keep the same mixtures I had from the previous day, but have to reprepare them each day sadly. Also, which direction are we thinking of going? Through the woods or shall we take the direct approach for the most action possible lol?
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie greets the morning with a smile and a light step. Keeping to her word, she skips the rigorous drills from the previous morning. Instead, finding herself enough of a tree-break, she sits facing the rising sun and quietly sings a number of songs as the morning greets her again.

Still sitting, the Illi Esse native hears question and response between two of her group mates. Turning her head, she adds, "I recall choosing to camp here due to the available water for the horses while we are gone." This said, she stands and gets her crossbow, checking the proper operation of the weapon.

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay. It is morning. Are you going through the direct route, or sneaking in via the southern slopes?

I assume you are feeding and leaving the horses here by the stream.[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus looks down at his diagram. "The way south is longer, but harder to see. The direct route, we will almost immediately come under withering fire. However, for all of the southern route's ease of access, I fear that my armor will give us away anyway, and we will simply be slogging through arrows for that much longer. I vote for the direct approach and trust to the gods. What say you all? I am bound to the party's decision on this matter."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I've always been a direct approach fan, ye'know." Muzdum says. "Perhaps one of our more literate fellows here have some trick up their sleeves that could throw these bone sentries out of their pillars eh? If not, I'll simply throw axes at them or something. If all else fails, stand behind me shield, perhaps you'll even survive! Hah!"

Remove ads