• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=OOC]20 feet. Most of the group is up on the wall and on the same level with it. There are crenalations (the dashes) so it is going to get some cover bonuses if you are thinking of shooting at it from the ground.[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Battle is joined. Doubt is gone. The needs of the moment are focus and discipline. Darvus unsheathes his falchion and moves with determination at the skeleton.

[sblock=OOC]Darvus takes a double move towards the skeleton, but with his armor, will come up short on distance.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Having already found difficulty traversing the rubble, Yosephus decides to go a different route to the target. He moves around the rubble and toward the base of the wall where the skeleton is.

[sblock=Action]Double move T-42 to X-42 to V-39.[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +1 CMD: 11

Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +10
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Devlin tries again to get through the rubble and up on to the wall. This time not caring about making noise, he makes it.

The boys round the corner, passing a trap door that probably goes down to the ground level, and start chugging straight for the walking bones. The first skeleton that was agitated fires at the dwarf, but the arrow sails over his head. The other skeleton, with a much longer shot, draws a bead on Darvus. The arrow flies true, sticking into Darvus' leg.

[sblock=Combat Round 2]
11-4/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ sling in hand, Acrobatics to climb again (1d20+3=14) success and on the wall now
..7/7..HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 589r

..?/?..HP ~ AC 16 ~ K26 skeleton A shoot at Muzdum (1d20+2=6) miss
..?/?..HP ~ AC 16 ~ K6..skeleton B shoot at Darvus (1d20+2-2=16) hit for damage (1d8=4)

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Approach8.jpg
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus starts sprinting toward where the first skeleton is on the wall.

[sblock=Action]Run move V-39 to L-29.[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +1 CMD: 11

Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +10
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie begins to take aim for a second shot at the skeletal horror. However, Mudzum closes to melee before she can take it. Instead, the song weaver lowers her crossbow and begins to run to get closer, the wind blowing her hood down as she quickly covers distance, revealing ears which distinctly favor her elven parent--long and tapered.

[sblock=Combat]Just a double move with narrative: J-29[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 19/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (594r)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

After struggling up the wall to the top, Devlin raches the top and dusts himself off from the tumble down. Looking up, he sees his allies have nearly made it to the first of the skeletons he decides he is probably not nearly as necessary for this battle. Instead, he notices the trap door and begins to make his way toward them.

[sblock=ooc] My apologies on the lateness of my post. Vacation had me nice and distracted and completely forgot about posting =P anyways, back in action now lets kill us some SKELETORS!!!! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +1

Perception: +7
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling - Loaded

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
Day 2 – Well we found the hill and decided to camp out for the evening away from the structure, since supposedly skeletons and undead are more powerful at night (what rubbish!). Anyways in the morning we will be going into the structure to see what we can find and to clear it of any vile creatures that decided to take up residence. Note 1: I discovered 2 new concoctions on the way here that I am looking forward to trying. One will allow me to increase my speed exponentially and the other modifies my Mutagen slightly nearly turning me into a beast myself. With a few extra claws and teeth I should be able to do some damage to stuff if it decides to attack me.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Pain strikes Darvus as the arrow plunges deep into his leg beneath his chail skirt, but his momentum can't be stopped now. With a roar, he charges into the first skeleton and strikes out with his falchion.

[sblock=Combat Rolls]Falchion: 1d20+5=16
Damage: 2d4+6=13
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Getting married today! I'll be on my honeymoon all next week, but with luck and internet connectivity, should still be available to post.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 7/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Muzdum is the first to get a strike in, causing the bones to rattle, but it is Darvus' slice that shatters the bones and removes the animating force. The bow and quiver it was using fall to the floor.

Another arrow comes sailing from the other skeleton. This one though is a good five feet over your heads.
[sblock=Devlin]The trapdoor looks simple and appears to be unlocked.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Round 3]
16/20 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
19/19 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
39/39 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
17/17 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ sling in hand,
..7/7..HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 588r

..4-3-11/4..HP ~ AC 16 ~ K26 skeleton A Shattered and destroyed
..?/?..HP ~ AC 16 ~ K6..skeleton B Shoot at Darvus (1d20+2-2=5)

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Approach9.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads