• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Aliens vs Predators trailer

Kaledor

First Post
Krug said:
Nothing to get too excited about...

It might be cheesy camp... I can't get enough AvP goodness. Wow. I loved this trailer -- but then again, I too am easily entertained :)

Last edited:

hellbender

First Post
Looks much better than a lot of the tripe being peddled these days (Star Wars, Dungeons and Dragons, Shrek). And how can you lose with the tagline, "Whoever wins....we lose."? Sure, the horror is gone from the original Alien movie, but still, as long as there is a high bodycount, it cannot be all that bad. I doubt if the franchise can be mauled worse than George Lucas did to his own universe.

hell (kill ém all) bender

Kai Lord

Hero
hellbender said:
We used to call that headbanging music afore the angst-ridden youngins came along.
And it has no place in serious sci-fi genre films. None. James Cameron got away with it with Guns N Roses' "You Could Be Mine" in T2, but that was tied to a specific character and used very sparingly, not as part of the score.

And considering Paul Anderson *way* overrused it in the Marilyn Manson scored "Resident Evil", I can only assume AvP will feature annoyingly out of place headbanging ass rock in much more than the trailer. Lame.

KingOfChaos

First Post
It's called metal people, not butt rock..and what kind of gamer doesn't listen to metal? Sheesh. Oh..and 'butt rock' is the crap with a he-she screaming at the top of their lungs. I didn't hear any of that in the trailer.

I saw the new trailer before Chronicles of Riddick and I have to say that it looks great. Underground pyramids in the arctic with giant aliens? Sounds almost like a Call of Cthulhu movie to me. :)

Remove ads