No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

I haven't had any experience with an online game, so I might be interested, depending on times and all of that. I would also love to have a chance to be a player for once.

Having said that, though, you need to know that I am currently running this game for another group. I am very capable of taking what my character would know and sticking to that, but you would have to take my word for it.

I haven't had any experience with an online game, so I might be interested, depending on times and all of that. I would also love to have a chance to be a player for once.
There are no times. You post when you post. It is completely at the pace of whenever people post. Most people try to commit to posting some number of posts per WEEK (1 to 2, 3 to 4, rarely as high as everyday).

Envisioner

Explorer
The content in the PHB is obviously most applicable. I'd prefer the players didn't actively reference the monster manual for knowledge of the creatures' weaknesses, at least not unless it's in-character for the characters to know such things (high bonus to Arcana or Nature or whatever). Since the campaign begins at moderately high levels (I don't have Hoard of the Dragon Queen yet, so we're skipping entirely over the part where you're supposed to build up), I'd probably allow each player to have one common or uncommon magic item, with certain choices subject to veto if they seem overpowered (I haven't referenced the lists in detail).

@TheGreenHermit Sounds like you'd be a good choice to play a character with specific knowledge of the Cult of the Dragon, and/or dragons in general. All the characters should be moderately-famous adventurers who have specifically been recruited by the Council of Waterdeep (assuming I stick with Forgotten Realms as the setting, which I probably will, despite not particularly liking it, just to save myself effort). So if you know any low-level spoilers about the adventure that you can't keep out of your character's actions, we can assume it's the result of your background fighting the Cult or whatever. Also I'll be tweaking a few things behind the scenes, and if you seem to be four steps ahead of the cult on everything, it just means I'll have to tweak harder.

It looks like we have 3 interested parties, so start thinking about who you'd like to play. I'd prefer if we could get about 2 more before we start. Whoever posts characters first gets dibs on playing their class/race/faction/etc. of choice. We will begin at level 6, and please specifically assume that your character is at least semi-famous as a hero (not necessarily a shining champion of good, but at least a trustworthy mercenary with several well-popularized exploits that would incline them favorably to the Lords' Alliance and other such groups). Characters with backgrounds such as Charlatan and Criminal are not impossible for this campaign seed, but they are less than encouraged; use your best judgment, and try not to be too much of a murderhobo. :)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Id be interested too.

For character generation do we assume standard array? And how much gold do we get to equip our characters.

I'd probably be interested in a Fighter or Ranger.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It has been a little while since I've played by post on a message board, and never for 5e. So I'd be interested in checking this out.

Four Three questions.

Abilities: standard array or something else?
Hit points: full first level, average thereafter or something else?
Magic items: Any starting magic since we start at 6th level?
Starting money: How much?

Edit (fourth q)

Last edited:

Remove ads