(OOC) A theives progression (Game full)

Grescheks

First Post
Alrighty Senor El DM, before I write about my "spying" on Mr. Map Quest, I'm gonna need to know about the cartography store and the surrounding buildings. Since we've already been to the store, Tulus should know about what it looks like (outside and at least the main room), as well as some of the surrounding buildings, but I don't think you actually gave any detailed descriptions when we were there (or I might have forgotten what you said back then).

Grescheks

First Post
@DM: "you notice a small wand like object attached to his chest. a small barrel, with a handle and a large chamber"...? Flintlock Glock? :p
[sblock="Youtube Video"]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U23mdnE31Rs[/ame]
[/sblock]

@Ian: when you say you're "bootin' 'er", do you mean out of town completely? Cause if that's the case, then when we go to meet up, and you're not there, then I'm pretty sure I'll figure somethings up, yeah. :p

Last edited:

Ian.Fleming

First Post
So Josh, would you consider doing some kind of called shot system, considering it's just the two of us as characters? Fits the campaign style, that's for sure. I wouldn't apply it to any minions or hirelings (could be a feat, perhaps?) Could make tougher fights a little more breathable considering we have no immediate access to tanks or combat healing...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138717 there's some fairly simple rules for it in a sblock on the first post

Last edited:

Jllockhurst

First Post
@gresh- all the buildings in the area are about 15 feet high, two buildings attached to each other, with alleys along both side (think duplex with alleys between them all). the entire district follows this same pattern, with shops and houses dispersed throughout.

and yes...it is a flint lock glock.

as for called shots, yes we will do them. rules for as followed.

arm = -2 they take negatives to abilities/combat
legs= -4 they're slowed, half move speed
head= -6 blinded

special= -8 you name part of body and state you're taking the neg 8 penalty at which point if you succeed the part of the body you hit will be completely mangled. (yes if you hit the head they die)

of course for all of this you must take into account armor and what not. but there yah go.

Grescheks

First Post
@Josh - For this called shot thing, can I assume that my Eldritch Blast and my fire powers can punch through most non-magical cloth and leather armour (and possibly some weakly enchanted ones, maybe for stronger enchantments, some kind of "hardness" system to break the enchantments, since my eldritch blasts are purely magical?), especially since I blew a hole in that guard on the roof? I'll have to figure out some way to apply the called shots to metal armour (maybe take an extra penalty to aim for joints?), but we can figure things out later if need be. I'm thinking maybe some of my daily fire powers might be able to melt through the metal, but probably not my weaker ones...

@Ian - Hey, who's to say I don't want a bunch of lowlife thieves swearing fealty to me? Wait, that actually sounds horrible...nevermind...

Ian.Fleming

First Post
Ok Josh, I understand that sometimes we can subconsciously copy things from popular culture without realizing it... It happens to all of us. However....

741238174_1ea63e01_BartoktheMagnifi.jpg

What the crap Josh. What. The. Crap.

Remove ads