• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

Friadoc

Explorer
Hey, Folks,

I should be hammering into the conversion some tonight, as I've finished a fair bulk of the edits on the Litorian Patronage project and I'm just putting some final touches on my environmental chapter for the editor of my work (can't exactly design and develop my own stuff, can I?).

Anyhow, all is good and I'm sure between us all, I should get Kael in short order. :D

Fenris

Adventurer
One thing to note is that rogues now get 1d8, so survivability should be a little better toe-to-toe for Jovik.

Note, as before, when determining hit-points you round up the mid-point of the dice (except full at 1st), so 1d4=3, 1d6=4,1d8=5,1d10=6,etc.....

Oh yeah. I made sure to include all that. And at every level I chose to take the HP over the skill point. So Jovik between the level and conversion went up 19 HP :D And his AC went up by 5 which will also help a lot.

I posted Jovik in the same spot, just sblocked the older version for reference.
Once I nail my feats I am good to go.

hewligan

First Post
Oh yeah. I made sure to include all that. And at every level I chose to take the HP over the skill point. So Jovik between the level and conversion went up 19 HP :D And his AC went up by 5 which will also help a lot.

I posted Jovik in the same spot, just sblocked the older version for reference.
Once I nail my feats I am good to go.

This is an important point for everyone - the FAVOURED CLASS mechanic allows you to pick 1 class, probably the class you started with at level 1, but not necessarily. Any time you level up in that class you get to select either 1 extra hit point, or 1 extra skill rank. Please be sure to incorporate this rule.

I may, in later games (not this one) house-rule this mechanic to make the skill point selection more attractive, perhaps offering 2 skill ranks instead, or the ability to add a non-class skill as a class-skill (gaining +3 to rolls). At the moment it is pretty obvious that everyone will just pick the hit point option.

Fenris

Adventurer
This is an important point for everyone - the FAVOURED CLASS mechanic allows you to pick 1 class, probably the class you started with at level 1, but not necessarily. Any time you level up in that class you get to select either 1 extra hit point, or 1 extra skill rank. Please be sure to incorporate this rule.

I may, in later games (not this one) house-rule this mechanic to make the skill point selection more attractive, perhaps offering 2 skill ranks instead, or the ability to add a non-class skill as a class-skill (gaining +3 to rolls). At the moment it is pretty obvious that everyone will just pick the hit point option.

I don't know if it is that obvious. We all are playing humans and get an extra skill at each level so that helps. And in future levels I may take a skill point here or there. But for Jovik as a human with a 14 Int, I got 11 points a level. If I was say a dwarven cleric with a 10 int, the 2 skill points a level doesn't go very far and the skill option would be more attractive. With a whole paryy of humans the HP option works better.

I also think that in a larger party, Jovik at least would pick more skill points (7 points would have maxed out another skill). But with 4 of us, and Jovik functioning as the secondary fighter, I needed the HP. But if you house rule it I will be more likely to pick skill points definitely.

Friadoc

Explorer
I think the reason it might seem obvious that we'd mostly choose hit points is due to how skills are now for Pathfinder, since we get a modest amount of bonus when we put a single point into just a class skill. Myself, I'm leaning toward the hit points, but I'm not fully sold, to do it.

Then again, it's low on my list of priorities, too. While I love what they've done for the sorcerer, it'd almost seem herculean, if not for my having just edited a manuscript. *chuckles*

Rhun

First Post
The hit points definitely sound good, but I also know I've been frustrated with the low amount of skills Danth has had...so, I'll have to take a look once I have a chance to do the conversion, but he may use a few of those skill points.

Rhun

First Post
I'm hoping to get the conversion started on Danth tonight. I've been a little swamped with work the last few days.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ideally please post afresh in the character thread. Do not overwrite old characters if you can - just for clarity so that I can check the conversion.

I posted Jovik in the same post, but kept the old version in an sblock, is that OK? Just made my sig links easier ;) But I can post a new version if you like. I will up date his last feats tonight and he should be ready to go.

P.S. I bought a sap as well :)

Last edited:

Remove ads