• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

Nebten

First Post
"I think it was only a claw that got me, tis but a scratch. I can heal my own wounds and thank you. We should hurry on to town and sort out this mess later."

Donner casts Faith Healing on himself to regain 13 hps.

kinem

Adventurer
"Thank you for aiding us, Delkat. I am Ryan Lester.

Perhaps we did these ones a favor ... yet perhaps we should try to subdue such creatures, if there is a cure. Anyone know?"

Ares

Floating down and back to the sturdy ground, Ares brushes his cloth.
These are werewolves ... creatures of the full moon. One time at the past they were ordinary human, like you.
He says no one in particular
But they were bitten from the same creatures they turned to be. Curse of Lycanthropy it is called, the disease they are stricken with.

Ares turns to those who got clawed and share his extensive knowledge.
If you haven’t got bitten, you are safe. But if are not sure, I suggest you tie yourselves to a pole in the next full moon night. If one of you will transform, we’ll hunt him down and kill him.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Of course they were no match for us!" Kay'el pulls his cloak in around himself again, covering his wound before any can see it "You have amonsgt you one of the best pole-fighters in the known lands, no beast-man has a chance against us." He looks to Donner "He's right, it is but a scratch. We should continue on before more dogs come looking for scraps."

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Let's us keep moving then, I am soaked to the bone and could use a hot bath to warm up and a tasty meal by the fire." Her eyes dart among the group. "Does anyone else need a healing hand?" t

Rhun

First Post
With the enemy slain and the rain a complete downpour, you wrap your cloaks tight about you and get back underway. It is nearly two hours later before you see the lights of Dunfield in the distance, and you are all thoroughly soaked and chilled to the bone. It takes another quarter hour before you stand before the northern gate of the town.

The wall surrounding the town is constructed of both stone and wood, some fifteen feet in height, and with a dual layer of sharp spikes jutting from the top. While not the massive fortification common to some large cities, it certainly looks like it could keep out all but the most determined assault. Every now and then the form of a guard passes above, so there must certainly be a walkway attached to the wall.

The gate before you is some ten or twelve feet wide and built of thick wooden planks. It is securely closed against the night.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Donner casts Light on the tip of his spear and pounds on the gate. He then yells, "'Lo wardens! We are travelers searching for shelter in Dunfield. May you allow us passage?"

Rhun

First Post
Several moments pass quietly before you hear sounds on the other side of the gate. A few moments later, a haggard-looking man sticks his helmed head up above the gate and peers down at you through the rain. He blinks several times, and then his gaze sweeps over each of you one by one. "Shelter, eh? On a night such as this? Don't you know that there are bandits and worse about after dark?" He frowns at you. "Still, you don't look to be neither. A moment, and I'll let you in. A warning though: Keep your weapons sheathed while you are in Dunfield."

Without waiting for an answer, the man ducks back down behind the fence. Soon enough, you hear the sounds of a heavy bar being lifted, and the man opens the gate. Despite his weary face, he is a tone and athletic man, dressed in chainmail. One hand rests on the hilt of his longsword as he waves you through with the other. "Quickly now," he says.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Esmerelda hurries through the gate and nods, "Thank you Sir. Could you recommend a warm, dry place to stay the night?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads