• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Okay folks, it was a hard decision, but the group has been made. There were quite a number of great concepts and personalities, but I could only select six. I was able to fill out all the roles nicely, so it should be a lot of fun. For those of you not chosen, Velmont has stated that he might be interested in running an off-shoot game with the rest of you perhaps, but I leave it to him to decide if he does or does not want to do so.

The six players for the game are:

Henry Butcher: great weapon fighter
Gloomblade: brutal scoundrel rogue
Wendigo: centered breath monk
Galatea: predator druid
Tregar: invoker
Dorn Tirae: valorous bard

As you can see, both Gloomblade and Tregar had chosen the same color... so I'm going to have to ask one of you to change if you wouldn't mind. (And if anyone else wants to change color, that's fine too.)

I will be creating the rogue's gallery thread shortly (RIGHT HERE), where you'll be able to post your character sheets. As far as character generation is concerned... here are the rules:

All WotC books currently in the Character Builder are allowed (including PH 1 & 2, Martial & Arcane Power, et. al.), as well as the Monk playtest article for Wendigo.

Standard generation is used per the PH except where noted below.

22 Point buy, although no character can start with an ability higher than 18 (even including racial mods). So you can only buy up to a 16, and reach 18 if you have a racial mod to do so.

Level 3.

Each character also may also 6 levels worth of magic items (whether that's a single level 6 item, or 3 level 2s, or whatever combo, is up to you).

Any questions/problems, please post them here. Thanx all!

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yes indeed, Thanks so much!

I don't have access to Martial Power or Arcane Power -- if anyone has suggestions of things that might help Gala, I'd appreciate it.

It was a fun way to start a game -- character design will be a different thing now -- skills have been selected in my head already, that I might not otherwise have taken. etc.

Kobold Stew

renau1g

First Post
As you can see, both Gloomblade and Tregar had chosen the same color... so I'm going to have to ask one of you to change if you wouldn't mind. (And if anyone else wants to change color, that's fine too.)

Thanks for selection Defcon....

Grrr.... ok "Tregar selects Sandy Brown as his colour"

Velmont

First Post
I'm not sure if I will start a game. There is 6 characters among the one who show up during the presentation that have not been taken, but two of them are mine. So that would leave us with:

Tresa (Cleric - The Digger)
Gumbar (Figther - Voda Vosa)
Warrick (Ranger - Keia)
Akora (Deva - Shaman)

Do I forget someone? Four players is a bit thin. The lack of controller is not really a problem. I'll think about that.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Are you planning to use Backgrounds, from FRPG, PHB2, Scales of War, etc?

Good question. Yes, I will allow a background taken from the Scales of War series. You will find the giant list in Dragon Magazine Issue 366. Those of you who aren't DDI members and thus don't have access to the article, let me know and I can list out like three backgrounds that I think fit what you've already established with your character.

Biggest thing about these though, is that I'd really prefer you to take backgrounds that most match what you've already established character-wise, rather than a different one just because you like the crunch better. So for instance, here's a background that pretty much ecapsulates Dorn Tirae:

Political Rebel

I’m the guy who’s going to put Lord Chaulchert’s head on a pike and free the whole Mirrin Valley from the whip of his taskmasters.

You struggle against political injustice. Perhaps the nobles are oppressing the serfs, the church is quashing religious rivals, the king is crushing the trade guilds, or the guilds are suppressing independent mercantilists. You’re on the side of the underdog, and you’ve escalated the struggle beyond words to direct action. Against whom are you rebelling? Are you part of a larger revolutionary cell, or do you act alone? What will things look like when you’ve won? What put you on the adventurer’s path?

Benefit: You add Diplomacy and Streetwise to your class skill list, and you gain a +1 bonus to Diplomacy and Streetwise checks.

Good Background: Rogue.

If stonegod wanted to select a different background for whatever reason, I'd really want to see an extremely good reason for it.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Quick question... are monks strikers? I don't have DDI.

Yup, monks are psionic strikers.

renau1g, if you don't have DDI, then you wouldn't have the Scales of War backgrounds. Here are a few that I think make the most sense for Tregar:

Warsmith

“Crafter” is too mundane a term for me, but “artist” implies a concern with form, not function. Place me somewhere in between. Call me an artisan."

You make powerful weapons and armor, instruments of warfare both elegant and deadly. Who taught you your craft, and what is your relationship like with your mentor? Is there something you’ve always wanted to make, but you’ve lacked the proper materials for it? To what degree do you insist on wielding weapons you make yourself, and how do you react when you examine someone else’s work?

Benefit: You can construct your own weapons and armor, given proper tools and raw materials. Making a weapon takes two days, and making armor takes four days. Doing so confers no economic advantage, however. The item ultimately costs the same as it would if you’d purchased it directly. And you can cast Creation rituals as if you had the Ritual Caster feat.

Good Background: Dwarf.

Auspicious Birth

"I was born on the slopes of Mount Emberstare during an eclipse, when the moon turned as red as blood."

The circumstances of your birth were somehow blessed, and you grew up knowing you were somehow set apart and special. Who regards your birth as auspicious? Are you tied to a specific prophecy, and if so, what does it say? How were you treated differently as a child?

Benefit: You substitute your highest ability score for Constitution to determine your initial hit points.

Good Background: Cleric.

Recent Convert

"Look, I was once an ordinary fellow like you. But during the Shrieking Plague, I found a source of power I’d never imagined. Or perhaps it found me."

You weren’t always the religious sort. But you recently had a supernatural experience that changed your outlook and showed you your true calling. What was that event? Are there unanswered questions in its wake? And how did you feel about religion (both your new one and religions in general) prior to your conversion?

Benefit: Once per encounter, reroll a failed saving throw against a charm effect.

Good Background: Cleric.

Insight

Adventurer
Gloomblade's basic backstory is actually taken from one of the Scales of War backgrounds, so it should be easy enough to pick it out. I forget the exact name right now. I'll find it when I get home tonight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads