Spelljammin' (5e PBP OOC) (Full)

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
@FitzTheRuke, I finally got around to updating Gunther to the playlets Ranger. Figured it would be good to test it out - and before taking a turn in combat. Hope that's OK. Changes include switching to two-weapon fighting from dueling (no longer available) and more spells (including cantrips). Below is his updated stat line that reflects the changes made in the Rogues Gallery thread.

Gunthar: AC 16 HP 64/64 THP 0 HD 5/5 PP14 SSdc12 4/4 2/2 SC 3/3

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
In a good way, I hope?
Check this out:

Seeing as how Glau doesn't actually need a hand to attack, thanks to their Thagomizer Beast Tail or Bite attacks, Glau can use two weapon fighting to get three attacks per turn, without using their bonus action! This is a huge boon in regards to action economy, Allowing three attacks and going into rage on turn 1. And on subsequent turns, it allows Glau to make extensive use of their Psudopod at no significant cost!

Oh, also, I need to know if there is any small sized furniture (or equivalent objects) around :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Check this out:

Seeing as how Glau doesn't actually need a hand to attack, thanks to their Thagomizer Beast Tail or Bite attacks, Glau can use two weapon fighting to get three attacks per turn, without using their bonus action! This is a huge boon in regards to action economy, Allowing three attacks and going into rage on turn 1. And on subsequent turns, it allows Glau to make extensive use of their Psudopod at no significant cost!

I'm not quite sure how you get the third attack. Can you walk me through it?
Oh, also, I need to know if there is any small sized furniture (or equivalent objects) around :)

Absolutely. A lot of the vendors have stools to sit on when they're not standing. Probably water buckets and things around.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I'm not quite sure how you get the third attack. Can you walk me through it?
Well I get two attacks at level 5 to start, and the new way that two weapon fighting removes the bonus action requirement from off-hand attacks.

One Playtest said:
LIGHT [WEAPON PROPERTY] When you take the Attack Action on your turn and attack with a Light weapon in one hand, you can make one extra attack as part of the same Action. That extra attack must be made with a different Light weapon in the other hand, and you don’t add your Ability Modifier to the extra attack’s damage. You can make this extra attack only once on each of your turns. For example, if you take the Attack Action on your turn and have a Shortsword in one hand and a Dagger in the other—each of which has the Light property—you can make one attack with each weapon, but you don’t add your Strength or Dexterity Modifier to the damage roll of the second weapon.

So basically with the attack action, you take one attack with the natural weapon and one attack with like a dagger or something, and the dagger triggers the free attack from the Light Weapon Property. Which is really handy if you have any kind of bonus damage, like the kind Rage provides.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Yeah, same with Gunther now. In short, can bonus action hunters mark and make two attacks, then an extra attack with his offhand weapon. Two weapon fighting with light weapons is now an extra attack, not an bonus action.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well I get two attacks at level 5 to start, and the new way that two weapon fighting removes the bonus action requirement from off-hand attacks.

Oh! Duh. I wasn't thinking about Extra Attack. I was thinking you meant before taking that into account. Sure, yeah. Three attacks without wasting your bonus action.

So basically with the attack action, you take one attack with the natural weapon and one attack with like a dagger or something, and the dagger triggers the free attack from the Light Weapon Property. Which is really handy if you have any kind of bonus damage, like the kind Rage provides.
And pseudopod as a bonus action when you're already raging. Gotcha. Fun!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Just as an FYI, I'm keeping mostly with the base rules until they release the monk packet (assuming they do). That's when I'd look to do a rebuild with the playtest rules.

Remove ads