D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder [OOC]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That dwarf!? THAT DWARF!? Who do you think you are? :-D Couldn't resist, don't worry. Just Gimli stuff

I would kill the ogres first. You focus fire yours. I'll get mine hopefully . Those outside should get good surprise attack on the goblins since everyone is looking inside. That way we're all in the center room. And we can find the villagers north or east and protect them. Fleeing into the woods might be risky if elves decide to stop us. So, we kill the goblins. Murder hobbos all the way :)
I could probably make friends with the elves if it comes to it.

...I wasn't confident I could spell your name! :)

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I may have to record my pronunciation of that. Just be aware that english native speakers May find it impossible. Probably French ones too.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Khul sees no sign of attack, but the ogre in the mud-bath has gone away. Might be a good time to murder some goblins.

We need to get the party together, not further apart! I just think it would be good to whittle the ogre down a bit before risking getting hit by it. I just don't have much in the way of ranged attacks. (And we sould probably discuss in ooc thread. Oops!)

Rillix sure can get around in a single round!

We need to decide how best to do this. The first thing on our agenda, IMO is to get that Dwarf over to us and to get the others into the cave. Now, that requires a lot of killing. (Or maybe someone can go get the two outside and get them to come in through the tunnel?)

Ideas?

Ordinarily I would agree that splitting the party is a bad idea, but in this case we have a two PCs that can't do anything due to space and LoS constrains. Two goblins and a few rats should not be a big problems for Bethany and Fistan, then we're attacking from three directions at once, and most of us can avoid the ogres by staying by in the tunnels.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordinarily I would agree that splitting the party is a bad idea, but in this case we have a two PCs that can't do anything due to space and LoS constrains. Two goblins and a few rats should not be a big problems for Bethany and Fistan, then we're attacking from three directions at once, and most of us can avoid the ogres by staying by in the tunnels.

Emphasis mine. Three characters are in the open - two are still safe until they attack. You would leave defenseless villager to his fate? :D
Weak enemies en masse are dangerous, remember this is 5e. Even if only every 3rd rat hits, the damage accumulates. And crits happen. I built Ordrar to last and I have cover, but please be quick.

TallIan

Explorer
Sorry my last post was not my complete thought. The PC out in the own can fight more defensively, whereas those that can retreat into the tunnels can be more aggressive.

I'm trying to get Fistan and Bethany into the fight. I estimate it'll be 2 or 3 rounds of waiting to get the ogre out of the way our 2 or 3 rounds to clear the rats and goblins from the north tunnel.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Emphasis mine. Three characters are in the open - two are still safe until they attack. You would leave defenseless villager to his fate? :D

Defenseless? You have plenty of bones! XD

I normally don'y post on the weekends, but I'll do the enemies first round tonight to help everyone determine the next best move.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sorry my last post was not my complete thought. The PC out in the own can fight more defensively, whereas those that can retreat into the tunnels can be more aggressive.

I'm trying to get Fistan and Bethany into the fight. I estimate it'll be 2 or 3 rounds of waiting to get the ogre out of the way our 2 or 3 rounds to clear the rats and goblins from the north tunnel.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We can run around the rock, shooting down the hall and getting out of the way of the next guy.
5e you don't have to stop moving to attack. It's hard to visualize without constantly updating the map, but I've already moved out of your way. (Assuming my post was understood).
You ARE in the fight. Shoot the ogre! :)

Also, did you not notice that ROOM FULL OF GOBLINS you have to pass by to get to that northern passage?:p

This is my absolute favorite part of DMing, when players tackle a situation in a completely different way than expected. The unpredictable nature can be a lot of fun unless you're a dwarf in an ogre cave. XD

Okay, I just posted the first round of enemy moves. Due to the fact that PBP games take longer, I ask that we all just roll with the decisions other players post to the game thread. Discussing overall tactics here in OOC is fine, but I don't want to get bogged down debating turn by turn decisions. I promise I'm not looking to TPK you all...

...before the giants show up.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmm... my intention was to get out of everyone's way by moving down (on the map) and running around that rock in the middle of 6, and very much NOT to go up the north passage (in fact, I was against the idea of anyone going that way.) But it looks like I was misunderstood, which is fine (it's easy enough to do).

If you prefer not to fix it and just move along, then I guess Aremus decided that if others are going to risk moving off into (as far as he knows) unknown tunnels, then he'd better go with them.

Remove ads