[SWSE] A New Fear (OOC)

JediJake

First Post
10k? I thought the paycheck was just 9k?
Or is this a bonus, unrelated to the bets since he wasn't in the fight?

And the game is set for 7 cst, right?
He got paid an extra thousand for helping train the Mandalorians.

Yes 7.

Also, it would be awesome if everyone just went ahead and bought gear if you wanted too.

JediJake

First Post
Lightsaber Forms

I've had a few ideas on some changes to the lightsaber forms listed in the books, you can take them or leave them but these make far more sense to me.

Form I:Shii-Cho "The Determination Form"
Prerequisites;Weapon Focus
Benefits; +1 to attack +2 to damage. Straight up makes you a better swordsman.

Form II: Makashi "The Contention Form"
Prerequisites; Riposte, Int 14
Benefits; You can choose to use your Int bonus for attack and damage, and may riposte once per round even on a failed block. This counts as an attack of opportunity. You see openings where no one else does and take ruthless advantage of them.

Form III: Soresu "The Resilience Form"
Prerequisites; Melee Defense, Con 14
Benefits; You can use your con bonus for attack and damage, You may also subtract a number from your attack roll no greater than your level and can place double that number into your hp on a succesful attack. A Soresu master is a defensive juggernaut capable of holding of hordes of lesser foes for hours.

Form IIV: Ataru "The Aggression Form"
Prerequisites; Rapid Strike, Dex 14
Benefits; Dex to attack and damage, you also do not suffer the -2 when using the rapid strike feat and only suffer a -3 when using improved rapid strike.

Form V: Djem So/Shien "The Preserverance Form"
Prerequisites; Power Attack, Str 14
Benefits; Whenever you use power attack you may choose to take up to a -5 on your Reflex Defense instead of your attack bonus for the use of power attacking. You can do this ranged or melee attacks and can use your Str bonus to attack when Redirecting a ranged attack. You weather potentialy fatal attacks to deliver one of your own.

Form VI: Niman "The Moderation Form"
Prerequisites; Improved Defenses, Wisdom 14
Benefits; You may use your wisdom bonus to attack; you can choose to subtract a number no greater than -5 and add a corresponding bonus to either your Fort Def or your Will Defense. You don't actually have to attack to gain these bonuses like you do the other forms. As much a state of mind as a form of combat, Niman practitioners are the calm in the center of their own saber swarm.

Form VII: Juyo "The Ferocity Form"
Prerequisites; Any other lightsaber form, Cha 14
Benefits; You may use your Cha bonus to attack and dam; and your critical threat is increased by 1, so if its normally 20, its now 19-20.

Form VII; Vaapad
Prereq; Juyo, Double Attack, Multiattack Proficiency
Benefits; When making a full attack you can choose to make another attack at a -5. By willingly accepting a darkside point you can negate this -5 penalty.

Jar'kai; Prereq; Dual WM I, Lightsaber Def I
Benefits; Offensive Jar'kai grants you a bonus to damage equal to the # of lightsabers you are using +1. Defensive Jar'Kai doubles the benefits of lightsaber defense. Switching between the two is a swift action.

Dun Moch; Prereq; DSP=to Wis Score, any 2 forms.
Benefits; You can attack with Cha and any condition track movement caused by your damage is persistant, if anyone uses a force point while you use this form they gain a DSP. This form also counts as the juyo form for the uses of force powers. Users of this form emit howling cries as they attack, jeering taunts and weakening the resolve of their enemies and inflicting greivous wounds with every opening.
Boomerang Effect of Dun Moch; a victim of Dun Moch can use the Rage force power if they accept two darkside points. The "victim" can use either his own utf check or the Sith's utf check, whichever is higher. Must be force sensitive.

These talents and their interaction with lightsaber form powers; If you have the correct form for the specified power, Falling Avalanche for Djem So, Makashi Riposte for Makashi, you dont remove this force power from your suite but you must spend a force point to gain the effects of having the talent, or the special effects of the power itself.

Those are the biggest ones, I'll do sokan, preatoria vonil, strong style and the others later. I'll also write out a complete listing of all my backward and wayward house rules so I can just point at them, plug my ears and stop listening to your whining. :p

Last edited:

ffanxii4ever

First Post
A couple of questions/comments:
First, can you use multiple forms at once like you normally can?
Second, is the take "you can take them or leave them" comment just another *thbbbt* comment or can we chose to use these or the forms in the book or mix-and-match?
And by what method did you come up with these modifications, I mean take Shi-Cho for example normally it improves subsequent block and deflect attempts, now it just adds to your attack and damage. Or Niman, before it improves your defenses, now it basically allows you to fight defensively better. That's it. Not to mention Ataru, which I can no longer have since if we must use these mostly-new, heavily modified talents rather than the original ones, I do not have the Rapid Strike feat and ergo cannot have Ataru anymore.

Not to sound like a nag, or a bit of a broken record, but you really do need to cut down on all of the house-rules. Before a game starts, list all of the houserules you want, but after it starts, I would reccoommend that you don't add any houserules that force people to remake their characters.

And stop nerfing Jedi!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases