D&D 5E Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn Releases January 18th 2022!

Critical Role's publishing arm, Darrington Press, has announced the release date for the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn (which was originally published in 2017 by Green Ronin). TAL’DOREI CAMPAIGN SETTING REBORN RELEASES JANUARY 18TH! Mark your calendars, for Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn now has a release date: January 18, 2022! You’ll find it first at Critical Role shops (US, UK, CA...

5DFA7461-E9BB-4ACB-B23D-72726E49C1FA.jpeg

Critical Role's publishing arm, Darrington Press, has announced the release date for the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn (which was originally published in 2017 by Green Ronin).

TAL’DOREI CAMPAIGN SETTING REBORN RELEASES JANUARY 18TH!
Mark your calendars, for Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn now has a release date: January 18, 2022! You’ll find it first at Critical Role shops (US, UK, CA, and AU) and Darrington Press Guild stores, followed soon after at friendly local gaming stores. The deluxe treatment from the team at Beadle & Grimm’s will release on January 30, featuring its own stunning in-world player handouts, maps, a GM screen, jewelry, and more—check out the preorder page for all the details.

IIRC, the new faction called the League of Miracles has a unique dragon-like construct. Maybe that's it?

I also just noticed two of the characters on the cover seem to be the same ones depicted on the illustration for the Character Options section. One of them is the Moon Domain Cleric, and I'm guessing the other is the Blood Magic Wizard.

BRayne

Adventurer
IIRC, the new faction called the League of Miracles has a unique dragon-like construct. Maybe that's it?

Haeck previously confirmed that the cover monster is an Adranach, and he talks about the League of Miracles having adranach servitors here:

I also just noticed two of the characters on the cover seem to be the same ones depicted on the illustration for the Character Options section. One of them is the Moon Domain Cleric, and I'm guessing the other is the Blood Magic Wizard.

I think all the cover characters are the "iconics" for the subclasses in the book. The ones we know the names of currently are the elf moon cleric Nalys Ildareth and the firbolg blighted druid Camilla Springshower. The white tiefling is definitely the blood wizard though (and the gold dragonborn is the runechild sorcerer)

Skyships in Exandria are actually surprisingly rare (unless there are new developments in this book). Very few places have been mentioned as having skyship ports. I can't recall if they're even mentioned in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount.

Reynard

Legend
For someone who is only passingly familiar with Critical Role in general and not at all familiar with the world, is this a thing I should buy? If so, why?

BRayne

Adventurer
Skyships in Exandria are actually surprisingly rare (unless there are new developments in this book). Very few places have been mentioned as having skyship ports. I can't recall if they're even mentioned in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount.

There's a section on them in the Port Damali section, as it is the only city in Wildemount with a skyship port, as opposed to Tal'Dorei which has two mentioned in that blurb, in Emon and Whitestone.

Remove ads

Remove ads