• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur stopped, a shot was reason enough but the scene laid out in the bunker was enough to make it seem dangerous.
As always caution and clear thinking. An evaluation of what lay both in front and behind them.
He turned to private Morissette and captain Bauhdric I'll leave the tactics to the experts, I'll see if I can find anything else about this area.
He then set about investigating the area.

OOC: Lookin' around investamagating
How was the door and the Armour opened up/destroyed? investigation: 8-7= 1 DOS
Any check as to what the blue liquid is?

Arthur will try use his ultrasound scanner to try see anything beyond the door without setting off any more shots. If that's successful and the area isn't ridiculously dangerous Arthur will push Kaboom through to look around.
Perception: 10-7= 3 DOS
Stealth: 8-7= 1 DOS

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
He left his braced machine gun, hauling his launcher into his arms, and proceeded towards where he thought he had heard the sound at Ghost's say so, slowly and carefully. Or, as slow and careful as one can be with a rocket launcher mounted on your shoulder.

OOC: (going to assume a perception check but feel free to prod me otherwise
Perception check: 8-6=2 degrees of success)

Outside

Raymond starts to follow the sounds and eventually it reaches the boarded up building. As soon as he reaches the building Ghost in his ear hears a familiar voice. "Are you going to fail him to?"

OOC: Roll Bravery Ghost

Raymond looks around at the entrance and can hear something coming from further within. The major thing he hears while on the threshold is his radio is slowly turning to static and his suit is starting to act strange.

Bunker

Arthur surmises that the door was quite brutally forced off, from some sort or ram. It wasn't a blast as there is nothing to denote blast marks around. The armour seems like it is incomplete though has not been ripped off, more looks taken off. There seems to be another bit that is added to the bottom, there is some form of zipper-like pattern at the bottom. It hasn't been shredded however.

OOC: Science or any campaign skill close to that for the check

Beyond the door there is one creature that was seemingly very still up until this point and is now moving. Now that you are close you can tell this creature has at least 5 moving limbs. Kaboom moves through stealthfully without drawing the creature's attention. He sees a creature clad in armour from top to bottom. It has a humanoid upper half though it's lower body similar to a centaur's body, Kaboom can see that it however has 3 large talons at the bottom of each of it's 'feet' that are poking out of the armour planting it as if kneeling on the ground. The very back of the creature looks like its slumped down, some of the blue liquid is forming a pool behind the creature.

In general the adjacent rooms has many more of the empty armour pieces though you can see the bottom now, it seems to be a facilitate putting the pieces of the armour on more easily for the creatures. Though the creatures have 6 legs on the bottom telling by the empty armour. There seems to be bits of metal and debris everywhere in the room like there was a firefight.

Aleksandra stepped up to the metal door trying to ascertain what was going on beyond. She came to the conclusion that the sound could be made by too many different things to be sure. She stepped back and over comms she said :"We can go through this door or we can investigate the open room. While we won't have to do anything to enter the other room whatever is making sounds may have a limited amount of time to explore. Sticking to doctrine I say we clear before salvage. Objections?"

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
"Agreed, our primary objective here is to gather intelligence, empty rooms are not as good as locals for that anyway. Any volunteers for first into the breach?"

Ray Ray

First Post
He spoke through his communicator directly to Ghost, having closed communications with those in the building for now thinking maybe the cross communications might be causing static, he wasn't sure quite how much of it was getting through.

"Strange sounds coming from the building... I feel kinda funny... Is that me or my suit...? Ey, Cap'n, I might have a malfunction... I'll get it checked out when we get back to the ship, ey? Theres something on the other side of these boards. Permission to breach? I repeat, do I have permission to breach?"

"I'll take point, keep my back clear." Aleksandra examined the door.

OOC: Is there a door handle, if so I'll try it, if not and or the door doesn't just open it's either lancing time or larceny if either of you two want to try it cause I'm rolling against an 11.

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: Bravery: 8-7= 1 DoS.
Unseen Sense (seems appropriate): 10-8 = 2 DoS
Sarah Perception: 4-5 = -1 DoS (if I can spend destiny points on Companion rolls I'll use 1 Destiny to bump it to flat pass.)
Can I place the voice or is it just familiar?

Quietly under his breath..

Not now, you will not distract me now. It wasn't my fault, was it? No it wasn't, I did what was expected, I have nothing to regret.
Thinking: Then why is it causing me so much grief now?

Shaking his head from side to side..

Snap out of it Ghost. Who the hell are you? Why do you persist in following me?

The question seemingly to no-one, but he asks it anyways, knowing an answer won't come. Opening up internal comms,

Can you hear or see anything Sarah?

Last edited:

Alexander nods, striding up quickly to the bunker door himself, while listening to Arthurs description. An...Alien? Other creatures?

"No need to eliminate it until we are aware of it's allegiance. Though alien to us, it is one of gods creatures regardless, we will give it time to explain itself to us. To this end, I will breach. If it turns around and starts firing, I'm in the best position to take what it's got.."

Slowly, he strides up to the bunker, hulking form looking as sturdy as the building he was walking towards as he scanned the perimeter. Taking a deep breath, he passed through the bunker doors.

"Cover me. I'm going in."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads