The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin makes inquiries to Maeli about a "medicine bag" necklace, where the tiny animal skulls can be hidden inside small, sealed, leather pouches, so as to give it a more "shamanic / herbalist" look, rather than that of a "malevolent voodoo witch doctor."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 53: The Herbalist Shop, Part 2

Saemund waits for the right moment to inquire with Maeli about making the necklace from the stones he is carrying.
Maeli looks at the stones.
"I can make a necklace, yes. Do you have some metal from which you wish me to make the necklace, or do you wish to use leather cord? Metal would be better. That cost would be 200. The leather cord would be 100."

Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin makes inquiries to Maeli about a "medicine bag" necklace...
"I have Raven make those for me. It is what I use to sell dry herbs. I will give you one. You can have have Raven make you more."

Sheldon says,
"I have several metal ingots I would like to merge into one bracer, and we have several more stones we would like to trade for your labors."

Maeli responds,
"A bracer is more than I have the facility to accomplish. You will want to speak with the smith about that. I will trade for the stones, though."
OOC: Stones Traded:
Stone#ValueTotal
Yellow818
Grey919
White8216
Brown428
Burgundy248
Orange248
Green3824
Black188
Red11616
Purple41664
Marine11616
Semi-Clear Black23264
Cost Incurred-200
Added Credit49

Party Inventory

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit strokes his beard and says, "So we know one thing we will need to pass into Asylim without incident, and that is how to fake the mark of citizenship."

Before everyone starts talking business he also adds, "Since we have decided to build up Southroad Fair to better deal with the corrupt magisters, I propose we start teaching others about the abilities we have. We know there are others here who can manipulate Way and we also know there are useful parts of being benders that are not combat oriented. I remind you all we would slavering slaves of that sorceress if we could not have identified that disease from the bat bites and fought it off. We are learning other things from this town, maybe they can learn from us, and it will give us practice in our Way abilities even when we are not travelling. In time we might be able to build a school dedicated to such learning. We don't have to decide right now. Let us think about it."

After that San-Bolo conduct their own business. With Turtle in tow, who now does not seem to mind the human affairs, they speak with Raven about having their armor repaired and Sannit talks to the blacksmith about iron bracers and plates for his torso armor.

During their own time Bolo works on making her own talismans, combining the materials she is already using. Since she does not get the bonus from metals, she will use leather cord to bind them together to reduce the weight.

San-Bolo also spend time with the Rheini tribe, learning their language and teaching the ones that they know.

Feeling better after his rest, Turtle follows San-Bolo around the town, making a few new friends and hunting for treats.

MacConnell

Technical Post: Earning XP

OOC: There are 3 methods of earning XP:

Role-Play:
Individual XP can be earned for the characters involved in posts made by players, especially for dialogue. It is possible to acquire party XP if a innovative idea is presented.

Combat:
Party XP is awarded for all active characters and companions.

Completing Tasks:
Party XP is given for the completion of specific tasks. This is also the best method of generating wealth for the characters. Specific tasks can be given by any NPC involved in the campaign or can be incidentally character generated.

Tasks that are not completed within a certain time frame are voided. For example, in the past the party discovered a citrus orchard but did not convey this information. After leaving town on a new quest, this information was removed from party inventory.

Party Inventory

MacConnell

Day 53: The Herbalist Shop, Part 3

Sannit strokes his beard and says,
"...I propose we start teaching others about the abilities we have...."
Maeli smiles at Sannit's words.
"You are practically doing that already. Only about 10% of the populace has the ability to sense way. You seems to be drawing them to you. I am aware of the carpenter girl you noticed before. Taking the herbal route like I pursue is usually the only way to brooch the subject. The world is old. Societies come and go, but through the ages, the superstition of the general populace remains. Bending will never be openly excepted. It is too rare."

Once Turtle arrives, Myth comes trailing in behind him followed by a donkey and 2 burros. If equines could grin, those 3 would have had a proud look on their faces like they had accomplished a great feat.

Indigo laughs.
"Oh you silly animals! The Carpenters' Guild is across the road from the Blacksmith. I will drop these girls off an check on the other pack animals, then meet you at the smith. I too am interested in what he might be able to do to make me better swords."

Alba exclaims at the sight.
"Oh! You all have developed an affinity with animals. I am amazed."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53: The Herbalist Shop, Part 4

As the party prepares to depart with animals in tow, Sheldon has an epiphany.
"Wait a minute! I have an idea. I just thought of a way to aggravate Sauce Drip and help Southroad Fair at the same time, and I think Passaro can be the key to this."

Alba begins to translate at the mention of Passaro's name.
"The Ansylin Silk Caravan has been disbanded. The silk was collected along the route and traded to Boga City. There is silk available here in this area. It is stronger than what was collected down south, if it is not as pretty. I propose we form a new caravan and have it trade from here. Passaro can lead it. I think there are enough new people to be able to form a small caravan and begin trade, undermining Sauce Drip's ability to make money. That should kindling into the fire!"

Passaro nods his head as Alba translates.
"Eu gosto disso."

Alba translates.
"He likes the idea."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Bending will never be openly excepted. It is too rare." - Maeli

Sannit takes a moment to speak before he responds, more to himself than others, "Perhaps a secret academy would work better."

San-Bolo gladly endorse the idea for another silk caravan. "That would indeed prick him where it hurts," he says with a grin.

Ever the more cautious Bolo says, "It might also make us some enemies of the other magisters. The loss of power to one could be seen as a potential threat to them." She warns Passaro, "Be careful. They have already sent assassins after us before. Once they receive word of a rival caravan there are sure to be more attacks, but the gains, I think, are worth the risk."

MacConnell

Day 53: The Herbalist Shop, Part 5

Sannit takes a moment...
"Perhaps a secret academy would work better."
Maeli nods at the idea.
"I am in favor of that. I will speak to Lyndha. I think she will agree. We can move toward that."

Ever the more cautious Bolo says,
Kwargrow said:
"It might also make us some enemies of the other magisters...
She warns Passaro,
Kwargrow said:
"Be careful. They have already sent assassins after us before. Once they receive word of a rival caravan there are sure to be more attacks, but the gains, I think, are worth the risk."

Alba translates and Passaro nods his head.

Sheldon adds, almost under his breath.
"I hope so. We should have an advantage if they bring the fight to us."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin posits the question: "I wonder if we could get one of the rival guildmasters to back us, and make it hard for Saucy Drip to harass us? I would be willing to give his rival up to 25% of the profits. But that's only my opinion, what say the rest of you?"

Tor nods, and adds, "I'd even go as high as 30%."

Remove ads