The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Blacksmith, Part 2

Merin and Tor are both interested in how much material and labor would be needed for making metal greaves.
Martello takes measurements.
"It will require 20 ingots to plate greaves for Merin and 30 for Tor. I need to start making some more molds in prospect for the return on the iron lode you located. Once I have enough material, I can begin experimenting to see what more I might be able to do. I still cannot make much more than barding, but with a little practice I should improve.

Please let me know if you come across any more ore in your travels. I will, also, constantly need carbone
."

Tellerian Hawke said:
OOC: Muy Thai style shin kicks would be very effective while wearing greaves, wouldn't they?
GM: Yes, that would make the kicks more damaging.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Tanner

Raven greets the party, happy to see them as always. Like the smith, he conveys his gratitude for the new addition of the Rheini clan to the community, also pointing out that he has taken on 2 apprentices due to the increase in demand. The 2 helpers are both young Rheini boys and, as yet, so not speak Ansylin, but Raven is teaching them, translating back and forth. Raven seems more at ease and more open in conversation than he had in the past. He is pleased at the Seekers interest in learning the Rheini language.

Items to Be Repaired:
SheldonLizardskin Tunic32
TorCrocodilianskin Vest448
MerinDeerskin Belt30
Snakeskin Surcoat24
BoloLizardskin Tunic32
SaemundSnakeskin Tunic144
Hoghide Shendyt12
Items to Be Traded:
Hog Hides90%54
Lizard Hide30%96
Once negotiations are complete, Raven reiterates that he will gladly trade for all skins the party finds, especially exotic ones.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund addresses Raven...
"Would it be possible for you to layer leather or some other material on top or underneath the snakeskin to reinforce it? To make it more resistant to piercing attacks?"

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Tanner, Part 2

Saemund addresses Raven...
"Would it be possible for you to layer leather or some other material on top or underneath the snakeskin to reinforce it? To make it more resistant to piercing attacks?"
Raven responds,
"Yes, of course, that is the whole concept behind laminar armor. I do not recommend using it with snakeskin, however. The advantage of snakeskin is its flexibility. Layering over it would hinder that mobility. If you want more protective, layered armor, I recommend using different material.

Let me know what you have in mind, and we will work out the details
."

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund replies,
"I'm not terribly concerned with close quarters combat, I can handle my own there. I'm interested in armor that would resist attacks from projectile weapons."

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Tanner, Part 3

Saemund replies,
"I'm not terribly concerned with close quarters combat, I can handle my own there. I'm interested in armor that would resist attacks from projectile weapons."
Raven concludes,
"I already have a deerskin hauberk available at the trade store. The cost is 600 clams. I can alter it for your measurements. Wearing it under you snakeskin tunic would give you greater protection from direct blows. This is a very simple matter and the easiest way to accomplish what you desire."
OOC:
$StyleCoverSoakHinder
600Deerskin Hauberk601627

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Seemstress

Eada greets the Seekers cheerfully, though they have never before conducted business with her. She readily agrees to repair their clothing and makes general conversation speaking in both Ansylin and Centrin. She explains that she is still much more comfortable with Centrin.

Items to Be Repaired:
SannitSilk Hauberk21
SaemundSilk Hauberk36

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
*prior to leaving Raven's Tannery*

Before trading the deerskin hide in, Sannit compares it to the pig hide he had been using. "Can you make me a new hauberk out of this?" he asks Raven, handing him the deer hide. "So I won't need the pighide hauberk repaired and I will trade that in for whatever you want to give me for ti." After business is concluded he says to the tanner, "Speaking of trading skins, do you know of any good places to hunt for better skins in the area?"

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business

Before trading the deerskin hide in, Sannit compares it to the pig hide he had been using.
GM: Examination shows the deerskin proves better material for armor than pigskin.

"Can you make me a new hauberk out of this?"
Raven replies,
"Yes indeed. There is enough material here with these 2 hides."
OOC: Trade value for old hauberk = 72 clams.
Labor for new tunic = 100 clams.
Deerskin Hauberk60% cover16 soak27 hinder

Sannit inquires,
Kwargrow said:
"Speaking of trading skins, do you know of any good places to hunt for better skins in the area?"
Raven nods,
"The scout parties hunt for deer to the west of here which is better than pig. Pigskin is better for clothing instead of armor, but with the skill you Seekers have shown, you might want to travel north into the grasslands. You are very likely to find some sort of cattle and possibly a pachyderm. Though normally placid, I here that pachyderms can be very dangerous and difficult to kill if aggravated.

I have never seen one of these animals, as I am from the south. I have only heard they are very large with very tough skin. Lizards are more likely to the south, but I have never before you seen any the size you all have killed
."

The Tanner Shop

Last edited:

Remove ads