The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 53: On the way to the Blacksmith

As it is midday, the party decides to pause for a meal at the building site.

Merin posits the question:
"I wonder if we could get one of the rival guildmasters to back us, and make it hard for Saucy Drip to harass us? I would be willing to give his rival up to 25% of the profits. But that's only my opinion, what say the rest of you?"
Tor nods and adds,
Tellerian Hawke said:
"I'd even go as high as 30%."
Sheldon considers the idea, then shakes his head.
"No. No, I think we can go this solely. It will not happen right away, but I would like word to get back after the fact that the Southroad Seekers are undercutting the silk trade. Before we can set this in motion we need to see if we can find more pack animals. We still have about 30 more days of the rain season before the silk spiders should really get to weaving in this area."

Martello, the Blacksmith, greets everyone as they arrive.
"Always good to see the Southroad Seekers. That Rheini clan you sent this way has been a boon. I even have an apprentice smith. Now what I need is more materials. Tell me you found some!"

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: About the citrus orchard, it's not like we forgot where it was right? I mean we wrote it down, but I'm thinking that might be a good place for the secret academy depending on how far away it is

Sannit greets Martello and shows him his leather armor and bracers, noting the shabby condition of the worn material. "I want to see about adding metal plates to my armor for better protection. I'll leave my legs the way they are to keep my mobility. Would it be better to add plates to these or replace them and construct them as new pieces?" He invites the rest of the Seekers to join in the conversation.

Bolo and Turtle wait outside, doing tricks and dancing in the street.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53: The Blacksmith, Part 2

Sannit greets Martello
"I want to see about adding metal plates to my armor... Would it be better to add plates to these or replace them and construct them as new pieces?"
Martello responds.
"You do not really want to wear metal armoring on bare skin. It causes serious chaffing, especially if it gets wet. This being the rainy season, wet is impossible to avoid. Your leather is a good base for me to add barding.

How much I can make depends on how much metal you have managed to find, and if you found carbone so that I can better heat the ore
."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says, "Yes, we've found a lot of useful materials that you would probably want to work with, such as..."

• Location of Large Iron Lode
  • Small Vein of Aluminum
  • 12 Zinc Ingots
  • 16 Iron Ingots
  • 6 Tin Ingots
  • 22 Copper Ingots
  • 8 Silver Ingots
  • 1 Magnesium Ingot
  • 1 Aluminum Ingot
  • 1 Molybdenum Ingot
  • 45 Carbone Bricks
  • 3 Pietrazulfo Bricks

Merin says, "After Raven has repaired our damaged leather pieces, we'd DEFINITELY be interested in adding plates to them."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
While Merin & Tor are busy taking care of their trivial, people tasks, Myth skirts the edge of town for a bit of hunting; he is looking for pests (rats and mice) but is not adverse to catching a squirrel, rabbit, or bird, if the opportunity presents itself.

After his "hunting expedition," he will watch Turtle, and wait for him to fall asleep. When that happens, he will playfully ambush him, swatting him in the face with the pads (only) of his paws.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 53: The Blacksmith, Part 3

Martello looks at the ingots, after moving the sacks of carbone and pietrazulfo over to the forge. He is very excited.
"You definitely have enough carbone for me to make some steel rather than pig iron. The pietrazulfo I will save. It is not necessary for heating iron."

He pushes the copper and silver back toward the party across the table.
"These are not functional for armor. They would only be decorative. You should keep them. You can use them directly for currency You only have enough iron for me to add barding to Sannit's bracers or spaulders at this time. I can add 1 ingot of each of the other metals to make a more resilient alloy, except this one (molybdenum). You don't need it with the aluminum and it would be better to save it for a weapon. You mentioned you found a lode of iron and a vein of aluminum?"

Martello looks at the maps Merin had drawn.
"I know Giodavi offered credit for some copper you found. I would gladly offer you 20% and hire a few of the locals to go mine this. I cannot offer town credit, only credit with me, or I could physically give you 20% of what is collected. What do you think?"

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53: Myth Gets Bored

While Merin & Tor are busy taking care of their trivial, people tasks, Myth skirts the edge of town for a bit of hunting...

Merin, sensing that Myth wants to run play, specifically tells him not to kill any chickens, pointing to one of the birds scratching around to make sure that he understands.

Myth returns after a bit, very proud of himself, and drops a glorified tree rat at Merin's feet, before bounding off again.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 53 - 84: Conducting Town Business, The Blacksmith

The party decides that the best course of action is begin improving the gear of each member in turn, and that a new spear for Sannit is the best preliminary course of action. Martello sends his helper to find at least 4 people who would be willing to do some mining and explains that he can fashion the new spear head in a day. Sheldon also inquired about making a bracer combining all the ingots that he possesses.

Items to Be Used:
15 Ingots Iron
1 Ingot Zinc
1 Ingot Tin
1 Ingot Aluminum
1 Ingot Magnesium

Items to Be Traded:
Large Iron Lode20%
Small Aluminum Vein20%
44 Carbone Bricks220
2 Pietrazulfo Bricks40
11 Zinc Ingots11
1 Iron Ingot5
5 Tin Ingots5
Items to Be Made:
SannitSpear100
SheldonBracer100

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit nods to the blacksmith. "I overestimated how much iron we had. Clearly your skill and knowledge are a boon to Southroad Fair." He says to the other Seekers, "Thank you for putting my spear first. I will always move to the front of the battle."

After everyone has finished their business with the blacksmith San-Bolo will move to Raven's to repair their armor.

Turtle enjoys the games he plays with Bolo and the smiles from the townspeople.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor are both interested in how much material and labor would be needed for making metal greaves. (Future project.)

OOC: Muy Thai style shin kicks would be very effective while wearing greaves, wouldn't they?

Remove ads