DDAL Tomb of Annihilation AL questions

mutazoid

Villager
I have the official ToA book and Ive played all the tier 1 AL modules...
Im now thinking about DMing for my friends.
Its been a long time since I DMed so I was wondering a few things.
If I ran AL adventures would it be similar to playing the module?
The low level stuff was quite fun and I feel that it might be a great way for me to back into the role of DM.

At higher levels would the players get to fight Acererak?
I know it will be more railroady but Ive never got that far into AL so Im not sure how well it follows the module.

Thanks for any input

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I say just jump in and start the module proper. Let your players know that you are finding your way with DMing and they should be forgiving if you get anything wrong. At the end of the day the rules don't matter, it's about having fun.

mutazoid

Villager
I say just jump in and start the module proper. Let your players know that you are finding your way with DMing and they should be forgiving if you get anything wrong. At the end of the day the rules don't matter, it's about having fun.

I understand Im still curious how deep AL goes. Is AL like playing ToA or is it more like running around Chult and encountering lizardy stuff?

jasper

Rotten DM
Look up the season 9 rules. But as a hardcover every 4 hours at tier 1 part they get a level. At Tier 2 + it takes 8 hours to level. They have 76 days to stop Mr. A and will be able to fight him. I did a write up about season 7 it is buried somewhere in the forum.

jasper

Rotten DM
I understand Im still curious how deep AL goes. Is AL like playing ToA or is it more like running around Chult and encountering lizardy stuff?
Running around and meet some of Mr. A friends. Looking over my notes it appears I ran all the book and about half of the season AL moduels .

Remove ads