TUW: Boga City

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 167: Doldrums 39: Capturing Cattle

Sannit strokes his beard as he answers, "If anyone asks, we'll tell them we were able to corner the cows with the bear's help. The bear is trained to help us catch other animals. It's not the strangest thing I've heard out in the Wilds."
Sheldon agrees.
"I like it. Our pack animals are well trained. They are obviously not afraid of Turtle, a good indication of the bear's training, and strangers have, thus far, been good with the fact that we have a friendly bear. I will circle around to get ahead. My talent is different than Bolo's but I should still be able to compel one of the animals to stop. Saemund and Merin should come with us, too."
In response to Indigo's plan, Sannit says,
Kwargrow said:
"It's minimal risk for a big reward. At worst we wasted our time, but being able to trade these beasts to handlers in Boga will give us connections and wealth to go along with the silk bolts we have. I will stay with the gear. Bolo will go with the rest of the group and secure one of the beasts. It shouldn't take more than one of us to stay here, and the rest of you can grab one each."
Indigo nods.
"I will need to follow behind the burros, just incase anything goes wrong. That eliminates me from the capture party, but I fell that it is a necessity. Tor and Vadin should go around and accompany Turtle, just incase a bull decides to become aggressive and charge rather than move with the herd."

Bolo pets Turtle and says,
Kwargrow said:
"He will help us."

Turtle nods his head, sensing that this is somewhat important to his people. He licks his lips. There's no way they won't give him one of those cattle.
GM: It takes only a few moments to unburden the pack animals and set the plan into motion. It takes near onto an hour, however to enact and carry through the plan. Fortunately, no actual predators encroach upon the herd during the process, neither does a bull become aggressive. No male happens to move within range of a Seeker lying in wait, but as four cows are compelled or befriended, the rest of the herd splits and goes into a run. With four cows in hand, the venture is still a success.

When everyone returns to gather Sannit and the supplies, the cows are tethered with the burros for better ease of travel until they can be further calmed each morning.

GM: One more day of travel brings the party to the river, which is a good place to rest and work with the cattle a bit.

OOC: Everyone feel free to make interjectory posts or task specific ideas during this interim.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo make sure the cows are familiar with them, but not enough to get attached. Since deposits are sometimes close to rivers, Sannit will do a search for desirable ores and minerals and Bolo will search for plants and herbs close to the fresh water.

Turtle takes a long drink from the river and attempts some fishing.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund approaches one of the cows and will practice compelling the animal to do things. He wants to get an idea of how far compulsion will go. Mainly, how far out of character can he bend the will of the animal. He will attempt to compel the cow to:
walk in a circle
to stalk the other cows
attempt to catch fish from the river

Saemund will also approach Vadin and Merin and ask the same question: Will you allow me to attempt to compel you to do things you wouldn't normally do. I'm curious to see how far I can compel someone to do something outside of their character.

OOC: Saemund chooses Merin because he had the greatest resistance to his compulsion attempts earlier, and Vadin because he had the least resistance to his attempts

GM: Compel:
Range / Affect:
  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Persona + Psyche
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Persona + Wisdom + Psyche +
  • Collegiate + Theologic
This active task causes the loss of Will in the intended target. If a target's Will is reduced below 1, further loss is deducted from Mind. If the target's Mind is reduced below 1, it may be commanded to perform any possible non-combat task, though commands may be severely limited in the case of a language barrier or if the target is an animal. There is considerable possibility with the application of the results of this task as pertaining to role play.

GM: This has previously been tasked. The results will not change until more experience is awarded. The cattle can be led to drown themselves, if so desired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor will help condition the cattle, concentrating on making them obedient when told to move or to stop, and making them calm and docile.

Merin will help Saemund practice his compulsion. "Just don't make me do anything that would be embarrassing," Merin adds, with a chuckle.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 168: Doldrums 40: The River

San-Bolo make sure the cows are familiar with them, but not enough to get attached. Since deposits are sometimes close to rivers, Sannit will do a search for desirable ores and minerals and Bolo will search for plants and herbs close to the fresh water.

Turtle takes a long drink from the river and attempts some fishing.
GM: Though every member of the party has crossed this river several times in the past, it has always been while traveling with a caravan, and no one has every given it much attention. Unlike Southroad Fair, the river, here, does not need to be forded. There is a double arched, stone bridge spanning its width. The bridge is extremely hold, possibly even constructed when the Yahdram yet walked the land. It is manufactured of cut stones that were, obviously, carried here from somewhere else. These stones are well fitted and mortared with a substance like that from with the bricks of Asylim are fired. Despite the passing of seasons and years, the bridge seems timeless.

The river is three times as wide as the one in Southroad Fair and at least twice as deep. The bottom and banks are mostly sandy or covered in course gravel. The rocks are much fewer here in grassland than in the piney woods.

GM: While Indigo works with Bolo and the cattle, Sheldon spends a couple of hours with Sannit walking the riverbank upstream, searching for usable minerals.
OOC: Mining:
  • Sense / Perceive Mineral (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom +
  • Commercial + Mercantile
This active task is applied to the search for usable metal or stone.

Perceive Mineral:
Range:
  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Will + Discipline +
  • Divination
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Collegiate + Divination
This active task is used to determine if metal ore or crystalline stone exists within the effective range by sensing the item's particular proclivity of Way. The range also considers depth which may be unreachable. This perception may be augmented by the possession of the type of material desired. For example, a character who cannot naturally sense gold may search for it by holding a piece in hand. The types of material naturally sensed depends on the skill level of the Diviner. This may be applied as a passive technique to augment the Commercial task of Mining.

Sannit: 27(sense) + 33(mining) = 60%
Sheldon: 33(perceive) + 35(mining) = 68%

The two are able to locate only a single ingot each of tin, zinc, and iron. They also find 1 bloodstone, 1 white stone, 1 yellow stone, and 1 orange stone.

GM:
OOC:
Forage:
  • Sense Plant (Collegiate Task)
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom +
  • Commercial + Mercantile
This active task is used to locate usable plants within the area, whether medicinal or edible.
Sense Plant:
Range:
  • Adhesion + Will
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion +
  • Collegiate
This active Basic task is used to determine if an edible or medicinal plant exists within the effective range. Due to the inherent ability of the plant to augment healing or provide nourishment, a sample need not be possessed nor previously encountered in order to locate one in this manner. The complexity of the plant detectable depends upon the skill of the Diviner. A sample of a desired herb or food can be used to augment this ability to locate plants beyond the normal complexity. This is, also, applied as a passive Basic technique to the Commercial task of Forage.

Bolo: 28(sense) + 34(forage) = 62%
Indigo: 27(sense) + 35(forage) = 62%

The two are able to locate 1 measure of Soothe Leaf, 1 measure of Mend Leaf, 1 measure of Leaves of Restoration, and 1 measure of leaves of Harmony.

GM: Turtle delights in swimming in the river and catches several fish.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund walks over to Tor and whispers so that Merin cannot hear...I'm going to give Merin two coins, and attempt to compel him to lie to you and tell you that I gave him four coins. How would you feel if I gave Merin a stick and tried to attempted to compel him to hit you with it?

Saemund gives Merin two coins, then compels him to lie to Tor in the manner mentioned above.
Saemund will also attempt to control Merin's use of way while he is under compulsion. Not by telling Merin to do something but directly controlling his ability.

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Each morning Vadin practices combat, especially practicing close range combat with knives. He also practices with his sword. He will also help tend the cattle, trying to show the cattle that he is not a threat.

Vadin asks Sheldon and Sannit a question, "can searching for minerals be taught?"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Being a close knit group, Sannit sees what Saemund is attempting to do and says to him, "Bolo and I try similar exercises to increase our resistance to such attempts, but you might want to start with something simpler. What we do is sit across from each other and pass a small stone back and forth. One of us uses Way to attempt to compel the other to give us the stone, and the target resists as long as they can. Then we switch roles."

Vadin asks Sheldon and Sannit a question, "can searching for minerals be taught?"

Sannit replies, "Of course. You are welcome to aid in our attempts, because like anything else, the more you do something the better you are at it." He gives as detailed a description as he can to Vadin about the sensation of sensing the materials.

Bolo takes time to splash and play with Turtle, but does not go where the water reaches over her head.

Turtle sniffs around the bridge, thinking maybe some of the people left something good to find.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Sannit...perhaps another time, he stops trying to compel Merin...Thank you Merin Saemund then walks a few paces from the group and begins practicing the axe forms he has created to make himself a more efficient fighter.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases