TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund accepts the trade of the bracer for the stones to Sheldon. He nods along as Sheldon explains what he knows to Vadin. When Sheldon finishes he chimes in. Personally I've been focusing much of my training in detecting people. I'm very interested in learning to detect people from far off and detect their disposition, whether their intentions are hostile. I also think I'm close to being able to detect the identity of a person if they are known to me but I think it will take more time. I detect people in much the way that the others detect metals, the mechanics are the same.

While the others are wandering around town taking care of their business Saemund takes his battle axe to a craftsman who can carve runes into the axe head. He also inquires about the possibility of embedding silver plates into axe handle with leather cord so that his hands contact it when he holds the axe .

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
At some point, when there is an opportunity for a quiet, private conversation, Merin approaches Fallen Leaf and asks, "I sense that you and your people are a bit nervous in my presence. This is disconcerting to me, because I would like nothing more than to be a sincere friend to you and your people. Have I done something offensive to warrant such anxiety? If so, I'd like the chance to apologize for the slight, and make it right, if I can."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 103: The Guild Site, Part 2

Saemund accepts the trade of the bracer for the stones to Sheldon. He nods along as Sheldon explains what he knows to Vadin. When Sheldon finishes he chimes in.
"Personally I've been focusing much of my training in detecting people. I'm very interested in learning to detect people from far off and detect their disposition, whether their intentions are hostile. I also think I'm close to being able to detect the identity of a person if they are known to me but I think it will take more time. I detect people in much the way that the others detect metals, the mechanics are the same."
GM: Passive Sensitivity to People and Danger:
OOC: Konokoro:
Affect: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion + Invocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom +
  • Collegiate + Divination ...
This must be a constant task. It is like a sixth sense, a paranormal spacial awareness. It is used to augment non-Collegiate Tasks such as defensiveness and perception.

Perception:
  • Konokoro (Collegiate Task) +
  • Commercial + Obscurative ...
This passive task represents watching and listening to the immediate area to determine patterns, anomalies, or dangers.

Active Sensitivity:
OOC: Observation:
  • Empathy (Collegiate Task) +
  • Commercial + Mercantile ...
Time: 1 day * complexity / (Effectiveness + d100)

This active task represents watching and listening to the immediate area to determine patterns, anomalies, or dangers. It can also be used to determine a person's intentions or motivation.

Empathy:
Range: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Will + Discipline +
  • Collegiate + Divination
This may be utilized as a constant task if Health cumulative allows. It is used to augment the outcome of various Commercial Tasks and is complicated but quite literal. It allows the Diviner to determine the overlying emotional motivation for the current or intended action. For example, a person intending to attack may be motivated by greed, avarice, duty, fear, self-preservation, etc. The instinctual nature of animals generally give the impression of hunger, fear, or self-preservation. This sensitivity is not limited to aggression and can be used in any situation.

Sylvar B. said:
While the others are wandering around town taking care of their business Saemund takes his battle axe to a craftsman who can carve runes into the axe head. He also inquires about the possibility of embedding silver plates into axe handle with leather cord so that his hands contact it when he holds the axe.
GM: With the death of Martello, his apprentice is maintaining the smithy, but lacks and real knowledge of application. He had only started shortly before the blacksmith's death and mostly tended the fire. He is confused by the request concerning the silver plates, though he apologizes profusely.

GM: Party XP was earned for this post and will be awarded later.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 103: Fallen Leaf

At some point, when there is an opportunity for a quiet, private conversation, Merin approaches Fallen Leaf and asks, "I sense that you and your people are a bit nervous in my presence. This is disconcerting to me, because I would like nothing more than to be a sincere friend to you and your people. Have I done something offensive to warrant such anxiety? If so, I'd like the chance to apologize for the slight, and make it right, if I can."
GM: Fallen Leaf does not react in the manner of the other Spiofthest when Merin approaches. He listens patiently as Merin speaks, then shakes his head and shrugs.
"No understand. Hello. Thank you."

Being highly intelligent, he sounds stupid, but the complicated body language brings to Merin the realization that Fallen Leaf will have only learned a few words in Ansylin in such a short time and understood almost nothing of what was said. Though working closely with Raven, not enough time has elapsed to learn much of Rheini either.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
I feel so stupid. :p I totally forgot about the language barrier, and that was even AFTER I stated that I was hanging around, trying to learn more of the language, ha ha. :::FACEPALM:::

MacConnell

Days 104 - 110: Returning to the Search

The party departs early the next day, having sufficiently conducted their business about town. The return trip is pursued at the normal travelling pace, which results in six days to reach the previous place of departure.

After relaxed exchange concerning the previous town discussions, it is decided that the Seekers only need to deliberately collect exotic skins. It was also decided that due to the loss of Martello, Southroad Fair's blacksmith, that the collected 100 bricks of pietrazulfo would be kept for potential negotiations with the Maldrog, when located.

MacConnell

Day 111: Continuing Upstream

The morning of the following day is remarkably cool, though not quite the bite of the desert night. A thick fog hugs low to the ground, obscuring even the improved vision of Turtle, Myth, and the pack animals. The fog is perfectly natural due to the temperature change from the previous day and dissipates enough to continue travel after a leisurely breakfast of trout collected from the stream.

The elevation continues to climb as the party continues to follow the stream. It is noted that all additional legs join from the far side, though all are trivial. Nearing the close of travel for the day, the party reaches the real rises of the mountain and travel becomes much less approachable in a straight line. The stream as become a swift rush of rapids and the sound is all that is needed to maintain the desired direction when diversion is forced upon the path.

As the party returns toward the stream, planing to make camp, the flow just ahead tumbles over a small fall about twice the height of the average man. While observing the beauty, the party is brought to a dead halt. Carved into the cliff face on the other side of the falls is a dolmen facade framing a smooth opening directly into the rock.

The stream at this point is a pace and a stride wide. Tor and Saemund could easily jump across. Others may have to assess the attempt. Turtle and the pack animals cannot cross here.

From this distance the facade appears greatly weather worn and long in disuse.

OOC: I could not find a decent image. Hopefully the description is enough.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin Asks A Favor Of Indigo...

During the trip, Merin walks beside Sheldon and Indigo for a time, and casually says to Indigo, "I've noticed that you and Bolo are extremely good with the animals. So much so, that I was inspired to bring Myth into our fold. But lately, I am finding him to be more of a distraction. He requires an extreme amount of attention, an amount that I am unable to give him. Myth and I like each other well enough, but I'm beginning to think that perhaps I am not destined to be an animal trainer. I don't seem to have the knack for it..."

Merin pauses, before continuing: "Myth has a great potential within him. But I feel that he will not be able to reach that potential with me as his trainer. And that would be a tragedy, in the truest sense of the word. Would you do me the honor of taking him on as your companion? I think he'd fare much better under your guidance, and I've noticed a few times during combat that he has moved of his own volition to protect you. He likes you, because you are both, in my estimation, kindred spirits. I think you would be perfect for one another. What say you? Would you like to take him on as your companion, and complete his training? Please say yes."

Before Indigo can reply, the party comes to the waterfall.

Tor points to the opening, and says: "We may have just found our Maldrog acquaintances."

MacConnell

Technical Post

GM: NOTE: Sannit and Tor have intuitively realized that using their metal weapons as conduits for manipulating way is causing harm to the metal of the weapons. During the regular daily course of conversation and regular training, all characters come to the realization that it is also unnecessary to do so.

Sannit can thrust his spear at a target and cause him to heat from within, simultaneously. Combat does not require concentration. It is a reflex action based on training and muscle memory. Manipulating way requires training and concentration, so that both actions can be performed at the same time. Engaging one opponent in combat while manipulating way on another, however, requires an immense amount of concentration and would incur penalties for both actions, the same as having to face more than one opponent simultaneously.

Likewise, it is not necessary for Bolo to use a flint tipped arrow as a conduit unless her target is beyond her range to manipulate way. The flint, not being damaged by being used as a conduit, nevertheless, will not survive being fired more than once, unless hitting a soft target.

For role-play purposes, a player simply needs to state that both actions are being performed.

All characters can also engage in combat while manipulating way on themselves.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit rubs his beard as he looks over the stream. "I'm sure we can use Way to increase our ability to jump, but let us scan for life signs first, focusing on the opening. I don't want to jump over into an ambush." San-Bolo will lead the others in using Way to detect if any people are nearby. If no one is detected they will use Way to jump over.

Bolo pets Turtle on the head and tells him to stay and look over the other animals.

Last edited:

Remove ads