TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Indigo Responds to Merin

During the trip, Merin ... says to Indigo, "I've noticed that you and Bolo are extremely good with the animals. So much so, that I was inspired to bring Myth into our fold. But lately, I am finding him to be more of a distraction... I think you would be perfect for one another. What say you? Would you like to take him on as your companion, and complete his training? Please say yes."
Indigo calls Myth to her and scratches behind his ears. She makes certain that Merin is sure about his decision. She explains.
"I do not know how I understand this, but I do. Once I imprint upon Myth any recollection of his being attached to you will disappear. You will feel this loss for a few minutes."

When Merin confirms his decision that he is ready, Indigo manipulates way to befriend Myth. The cat's persona is momentarily stripped from him as he becomes imprinted upon Indigo. Merin feels as if he has been punched in the chest and is momentarily confused. Merin, of course, recovers with no permanent harm done.

Indigo takes a few moments to test the strength of her bond. She smiles when she is comfortable and says,
"Myth. Jump the river."

The cat obeys, easily jumping the small expanse to land softly on the other side.

"Look at the cave. Carefully."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Assessing the Environment

Sannit rubs his beard as he looks over the stream. "I'm sure we can use Way to increase our ability to jump, but let us scan for life signs first, focusing on the opening. I don't want to jump over into an ambush." San-Bolo will lead the others in using Way to detect if any people are nearby. If no one is detected they will use Way to jump over.
As the party links, Vadin is surprised then thoroughly amazed at his expanded consciousness, never before imaging that such a feat were possible. He notes the potential advantage of such synergistic coordination.

GM: After a few minutes the group is certain that no other people are about.

Sheldon joins Sannit at the edge of the stream to assess their success at jumping. Sheldon shakes his head, Sannit realizing the same thing.
"Even if we bolster our strength, it is not going to be enough. The jump is just a little too far. We could let Tor, Saemund, and apparently Myth make a preliminary look or..."

Sheldon pauses for a second, running his left hand through his hair, pulling it back from his face.
"Or we could have Merin hit us with air while in the middle of the jump to throw us across. The landing may be a bit rough."

Indigo adds, "Sometimes the direct approach is not the best approach. We could climb up the cliff face here to see if the stream is more narrow above the falls."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit stares hard at the flowing stream and replies, "Could we use a blast of air to propel ourselves at the end of the jump to give us enough motion to cross completely? It's not that I don't trust Merin, but if someone is going to air blast me across the river I want it to be me."

Bolo says, "I think I am going to just start climbing," and readies herself to climb up the rock face.

Turtle will do as Bolo says and stay put.

MacConnell

Technical Post

GM:
OOC: Running Broad Jump:
This considers the standard distance a character can leap across a horizontal plane with at least a 2 pace (4 stride) running start, as measure from when the feet leave the ground until they touch the ground. Special conditions, of course, apply if there is a vertical displacement, but this will be handles on a case basis.

Distance: Character Height x (1 + Leaping)
Leaping:
  • Fury (Collegiate Augmentation) +
  • Body + Strength + Might +
  • Commercial + Athletic + Locomotion

Sheldon: 73" x (1 + 56% + 29%) = 11' 3"
Tor: 88" x (1 + 47% + 37%) = 13' 5"
Merin: 74" x (1 + 54% + 27%) = 11' 1"
Indigo: 64" x (1 + 53% + 32%) = 9' 10"
Myth: 72" x (1 + 0 + 18%) x 2 (cats are designed for leaping) = 14' 1"
Sannit: 70" x (1 + 51% + 33%) = 10' 8"
Bolo: 62" x (1 + 57% + 26%) = 9' 5"
Turtle: 84" x (1 + 0 + 22%) / 2 (bears are not designed for leaping) = 4' 3"
Saemund: 88" x (1 + 47% + 30%) = 12' 11"
Vadin: 79" x (1 + 39% + 40%) = 11' 9"

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 111: Jumping the Stream

Sannit strokes his beard, hands his spear to Sheldon, and backs away from the stream a few paces. He looks back at Bolo and then at Sheldon.
"I can make this jump."

Concentrating on the Fury that fills him instinctively in combat, Sannit charges toward the river, launching himself into the air. He lands on the other side rolling to his feet. Sheldon laughs and tosses him his spear. Sheldon then backs away and makes the jump in the same manner.
"Right you were."

Indigo shakes her head and looks over at Bolo then calls out to Myth.
"Myth!"

The cat comes away from the mouth of the cave and looks across at her.
"Come back here."

Myth leaps back across the stream and goes to Indigo's side.

GM: The entrance with its dolmen facade is considerably weather worn. Unseen from the far side, there is also stone stairs carved into the cliffside ascending to the ledge above. The cave was obviously manufactured. It continues in beyond normal sight.

Those walking in pause to allow their eyes to adjust. A phosphorescent moss grows inside allowing the dimensions to be determined without aid. This is a mausoleum. It is box shaped about a pace high, a pace wide, and four paces deep. Shelving is carved into the sides.

Sheldon admires the glow of the moss for a minute and then lets the others know that he will light the chamber.
GM: He illuminates the entire chamber as bright as midday light. Bones of the long deceased line the shelves. They are not adorned in any special manner. Some shelves remain empty. Careful search reveals nothing of peculiarity or value within the tomb. It is decided that the bones are Mhytre.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin chuckles, "Well, looks to be Mhytres, alright, just not the ones we're looking for." He winks sarcastically at Tor, before continuing, "We need to find Mhytres who are a little more talkative than this bunch."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
When he finds out the cave is actually a mausoleum, Saemund decides to keep watch outside. He holds some long standing superstitions about burial places such as this.
"All of you go ahead, I will keep watch so no one attempts to harm us."

While standing watch Saemund attempts to extend the distance with which he can perceive life. He tries to perceive any creature, large and small.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit looks over the contents of the tomb without disturbing them. "I don't think we should take anything. If the Myhtres find out we were here they would obviously take offense at any desecration." He looks for symbols or marks, copying them down if he sees them. Sannit will also use Way to attempt to detect any hidden place or secret door.

After seeing the others jump across the stream Bolo says to Indigo, "Let us climb up anyway. Why should the boys have all the fun?" She climbs the cliff-face to see what is up there.

Turtle paws at the stream, attempting to get lucky and wriggle a nice fish out of the water.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sannit said:
Sannit looks over the contents of the tomb without disturbing them. "I don't think we should take anything. If the Myhtres find out we were here they would obviously take offense at any desecration."

Tor nods his head in agreement. "The dead deserve their rest. I will not dishonor them, nor their family's memories of them, by even touching a single thing. In fact, seeing as how we blundered in here unknowingly, I think we should leave as soon as possible. Our mere presence here, in this hallowed ground, might be offensive, since we are not Mhytres."

Merin nods as well, the seriousness returning to his demeanor, "Agreed. Let's make haste, and leave NOW."

Having said their peace, both Merin and Tor walk back outside.

MacConnell

Saemund's Perception

While standing watch Saemund attempts to extend the distance with which he can perceive life. He tries to perceive any creature, large and small.
GM:
OOC: Perception:
  • Konokoro (Collegiate Task) + Sense Animal (Collegiate Task)
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom + Acuity +
  • Commercial + Obscurative
Sense Animal:
Range: Cohesion + Persona + Psyche
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Persona + Wisdom + Psyche +
  • Collegiate + Divination
Konokoro:
Affect: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion + Invocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom + Acuity +
  • Collegiate + Divination
Range: 15 strides (~45')
Effectiveness: 47 + 56 + 29 = 132

Try as he might, Saemund finds that he cannot extend the range of his perception. He decides that perhaps with more practice that it will expand. Within a few seconds of attempting to perceive animals, he is painfully overloaded with information, causing a mild headache and an immediate desire to cease. The Untamed Wilds are teeming with animal life even if sparse on people. After rubbing his head, Saemund smiles to himself and decides that he should try to concentrate on narrowing that perception in the future.

All animals within range are small and irrelevant, including spiders and insects within the tomb.

Last edited:

Remove ads