TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says, "Give it a name first, and don't start giving it commands until you've had more time to befriend it, and to let it get used to your presence."

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin looking at the hawk impressed by Saemund's connecting with it, says "Wow, that's a large bird, perfect for you. Good job!"

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund sends the bird the word Feroz...along with it images of speed and strength. He looks at Merin..." His name is Feroz...an old gypsy told me it means fierce in some language I don't know.

OOC: GM NOTE: Saemund should talk to the bird audibly. At this point, in all character development, only emotions can be sensed or projected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Saemund said:
He looks at Merin... "His name is Feroz...an old gypsy told me it means fierce in some language I don't know."

Merin smiles at Saemund, and says, "An excellent name. I'm sure he'll be proud to answer to it. This bird suits you, my friend. Both of you are towering pillars of strength, and paragons of courage."

Tor chuckles, as he realizes that Merin's comment is double-edged, meant to rib him and compliment Saemund at the same time: "What am I? Chopped liver?" Tor says, pretending to be offended.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 118: Evening Camp

Sheldon admires the hawk.
"It is a fine specimen of a hawk. I wonder what kind it is to be so large. Nice job Saemund.

Well Merin, while you, Paragon, and Chopped Liver deliberate over Feroz, I am going to look around a bit for precious stones
."

GM:
OOC: Perceive Mineral:
Range:
  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Will + Discipline
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will + Wisdom + Discipline +
  • Collegiate + Divination
Time = 1 day * complexity/ (Effectiveness + d100)

This is used to determine if metal ore or crystalline stone exists within the effective range by sensing the items particular proclivity of Way. The range also considers depth which may be unreachable. This perception may be augmented by the possession of the type of material desired. For example, a character who cannot naturally sense gold may search for it by holding a piece in hand. The types of material naturally sensed depends on the skill level of the Diviner.

Range: 22 paces (~54,000 square feet)
Time: 1 / (69 + 62) = 11 minutes
2 / (69 + 96 + 99) = 11 minutes

In less than half an hour, Sheldon finds 1 iron ingot, a single green stone, and a rock containing 9 ingots worth of chromium. He feels certain that these are the only useful minerals in the area.

OOC: New Collections:
1 Iron Ingot
9 Chromium Ingots
1 Green Stone

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Feroz...feeling a bit foolish to be speaking to an animal...Your name is Feroz... we will be great companions, and many adventures await us.

Feroz cocks his head at Saemund and lets out an audible squawk...he appears to understand what Saemund is saying.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin replies to Sheldon, "No further deliberation is required, I think I shall follow your example, except that I am going to look around for metals and minerals (iron, pietra, and carbone)... Mr. Liver, would you care to join us?"

Tor cuffs Merin on the top of his head, chuckling, "Watch it, or I might chop YOU up into liver!" And with that last remark, Tor joins Merin in the search for materials. Tor will focus on finding metals & minerals also.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund busies himself collecting limbs to build a mobile perch so Feroz can land with the party when he wants to. He designs it to fit on one of the burros. Saemund will build the perch as time permits.

Attachments

• perch.jpg
    perch.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 118: Evening Camp, Part 2

Merin replies to Sheldon, "I think I shall follow your example..."
GM:
OOC: Sense Mineral:
Range:
  • Cohesion + Will
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate
Time = 1 day * rarity / (Effectiveness + d100)
This is used to determine if metal ore or crystalline stone exists within the effective range by sensing the item's particular proclivity of Way. The range also considers depth which may be unreachable. This sensitivity may be augmented by the possession of the type of material desired. For example, a character who cannot naturally sense gold may search for it by holding a piece in hand. The types of material naturally sensed depends on the skill level of the Diviner.

Range: 17 strides
Time: 1 / (55 + 51) = 14 minutes

Choosing a different direction than Sheldon so that their areas do not overlap, Merin is able to locate 1 ingot of iron and a yellow stone. Using a piece of carbone and then a piece of pietrazulfo, he does not detect any other within his area.

OOC: New Collections:
1 Iron Ingot
1 Yellow Stone

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit says to Saemund, "A hawk is a nice choice. An excellent addition to the group. The perch on the back of the burro is a good idea too."

Sannit will also assist in searching for metals and minerals as they travel and he will take note of what kind of terrain the Seekers find what material in, trying to determine how to find good locations rather than random searches.

Bolo admires Feroz and says to Saemund, "I would not think to pull a feather off him, but if some do come off I would like to have them."

Bolo will search for useful plants and herbs, also noting what terrain produces what to be able to find it better in the future.

Turtle stares at the magical flying creature the Seekers have called down from the sky. He never had much reason to think of birds before, but he does attempt to make friends.

Remove ads