log in or register to remove this ad

 

TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: Returning to the Guildhouse, part 2

Merin gets a sense of foreboding, and a knot in his stomach, as it dawns on him that someone may have killed the big cat, and that its corpse might be lying in the hammock.
Indigo draws both of her swords and moves quickly toward the hammock. She can smell the blood before she reaches it. Myth is lying in the hammock on his side. His body is facing away. His head has been severed and is missing from the body. Indigo makes no sound as she turns toward the house but waves of danger can be readily felt emanating from her.

Sheldon takes a rock from his pouch and tosses it toward the porch of the guildhouse. The rock strikes the wooden planks and bounces near the wall as it begins to glow like one of the lamps about town. As the light illuminates the porch, somewhat, an unrecognized, Ansylin man can now be seen standing in the open doorway. He appears extremely calm, wielding a single bladed knife in each hand. The head of the decapitated lynx rests upon the top step, which is about a stride above the ground.

OOC:
@Tellerian Hawke
Tor and Merin react first.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin intends to IGNITE the man using his Phoenix Feather to augment the attempt.

OOC: QUESTION: Can Merin manipulate the thermal attack in such a manner as to prevent outward signs of the manifestation? i.e., instead of engulfing him in flames, could I boil his insides / blood / guts? If not, Merin will throw a stone at the man, and use Way to give him a CONCUSSION; in this way, it will look as if the rock caused him to stumble.


Tor intends to give the man a CONCUSSION, through the use of Way.

OOC: Merin and Tor are both reacting now out of instinct, reflex, honed muscle memory. Neither of them has truly been hit yet by the full realization that their friend is dead.
 
Last edited:


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger

Merin intends to IGNITE the man using his Phoenix Feather to augment the attempt.
GM: Much faster than any of the Seekers could have imagined, at the moment Merin think to ignite the man, he leaps from the porch toward Sheldon, who happens to be standing closest to it having previously tossed the stone for light.

OOC: Transgress Space:
Range: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion + Invocation + Synergy +
  • Mind + Know + Will + Wisdom + Discipline + Acuity + Resolve +
  • Collegiate + Aberrative + Manifest Will
This active task is used to augment the Athletic Commercial Skill of Leaping, allowing for paranormal distances to be covered. The effectiveness is added to the leaping skill giving a new total of the percent of normal body lengths that can be covered.
Leaping:
  • Fury (Collegiate Task) +
  • Body + Strength + Might + Power +
  • Commercial + Athletic + Locomotion
There are 5 basic leaps that can be attempted: standing broad jump, running broad jump, standing vertical jump, running vertical jump, backward jump. The distances that can be accomplished are related to the size of the character attempting them. Characters tend to know whether or not they can make a jump.

GM: Instead of leaping the 2 paces or so that would be expected, the stranger's body seems to almost become insubstantial for a fraction of a second. His jump covers a full 5 paces. He lands a good 2 paces beyond where Sheldon was standing striking at him with his knife as he passed.

OOC: Stranger: 58(fury) + 55(lethality) + 79(attack) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 378
Sheldon: 37(konokoro) + 36(defense) = 73
Damage: 380 - 73 = 305% * 10 = 31 - 15(deflect) = 16
Body: 10 - 16 = -6: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 6 = 4: dazed

GM: The knife blade cuts across the collar area of Sheldon's armor penetrating through both the Lizardskin and Silk Tunics, letting enough blood in the passing that Sheldon immediately falls incapacitated, yet he is still conscious.

OOC: Ignite:
Affect / Range:
  • Confluence + Hemostasis + Symbiosis +
  • Will + Discipline + Resolve
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence + Hemostasis + Symbiosis +
  • Mind + Know + Will + Wisdom + Discipline + Acuity + Resolve +
  • Collegiate + Aberrative + Machination
The causes up to two intended targets within one visual proximity to immediately heat unnaturally, causing physical harm (loss of Body). This can, also, be used to start a large fire if applied to naturally flammable substances.
Merin: 73(ignite) + 96(d100) + 92(luck) = 261 * 3(phoenix feather) = 783
Stranger: 55(conditioning) + 58(bolster) + 57(insulate) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 336 * 3(black pearl) = 1008: resists

GM: Merin can barely see the man move, but that is unnecessary. Once singled, as long as the target remains within range it can be affected. The phoenix feather cinders to ash as Merin manipulates Thermal Way. The Way coalesces around the Stranger but then unravels creating a strangely deep echo that can be felt more than heard.

Tellerian Hawke said:
Tor intends to give the man a CONCUSSION, through the use of Way.
OOC: Hammer:
Affect / Range:
  • Confluence + Hemostasis +
  • Will + Discipline
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence + Hemostasis +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will + Wisdom + Discipline +
  • Collegiate + Aberrative
This causes a rapid expansion of air creating a loud thump in the target's ear which can inflict stunning damage (loss of Mind) and possible physical harm (loss of Body).
Tor: 56(hammer) + 96(d100) + 92(luck) = 214
Stranger: 55(conditioning) + 58(bolster) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 269: resists

GM: As with Merin, Tor can track his target by feel as long as he remains within range. Also like Merin, the Way Tor hopes to manipulate is dampened more effectively than he can agitate it.

GM: Though the full facts of the information gathering in the fraction of a second that the man was viewed may not be realized immediately, it is noted by all that the man's eyes glowed in the light like an animal's would and that he was not wearing a slaver's collar.

OOC: Saemund reacts next.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
In addition to using way to search for other humans. If he detects some he will attempt to note their direction and attempt to latch on to one individuals mind, and make them fear so they run away. Then he will alert the other seekers verbally, and draw his weapon. If he detects no one Saemund will cut the ropes holding up the hammock and lower Myth's body gently to the ground. Then he'll use the hammock as a sort of burial shroud and wrap Myth's body in it.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 2

In addition to using way to search for other humans. If he detects some he will attempt to note their direction and attempt to latch on to one individuals mind, and make them fear so they run away. Then he will alert the other seekers verbally, and draw his weapon. If he detects no one Saemund will cut the ropes holding up the hammock and lower Myth's body gently to the ground. Then he'll use the hammock as a sort of burial shroud and wrap Myth's body in it.
GM: Saemund detects no other enemies.

The dead weight of the cat is greater than expected, but not so great that Saemund cannot lower it to the ground respectfully. He proceeds to the other side after lowering Myth's body.

Indigo, adjusting to the movement of the Stranger is already in motion as Sheldon is cut down. She may not be as fast as the Stranger but she is fast enough to be on him as he turns to face her. Her initial cut with her right saber is faster than his repose.
OOC: Indigo: 35(fury) + 65(lethality) + 59(melee) + 93(d100) + 53(luck) = 305
Stranger: 30(konokoro) + 55(defense) + 89(defend) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 360

GM: Despite her initial speed, the Stranger is able to reflexively block Indigo's sword.
[MENTION=6861789]redraider629[/MENTION]
Vadin acts next.
 
Last edited:


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 3

Vadin looks at the stranger with burning rage, draws his sword and attacks him.
GM: Vadin draws his sword as he moves. Rushing to the new location of the Stranger.
OOC: Vadin: 26(fury) + 61(lethality) + 46(attack) + 76(d100) = 209
Stranger: 30(konokoro) + 55(defense) + 89(defend) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 360 - 50(second opponent) = 310

GM: The Stranger moves faster than any viper the Seeker's have encountered. Despite being engaged with an opponent already, he demonstrates no difficulty in defending against Vadin as well.

[MENTION=6855382]Kwargrow[/MENTION]
San-Bolo and Turtle are next.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
With two other Seekers engaged with the Stranger, Bolo drops her bow and draws her kukris as she and Sannit move in to strike. They both draw upon Way to increase their own speed, (Impetus).

Sannit intends to thrust at the Stranger's torso, hoping for any hit.

Bolo intends to slice low, attempting to cut the Stranger's leg and slow him down.

Turtle can smell what has happened and knows Myth has gone on his last hunt. Fighting is one of the bear necessities and Turtle charges in, intending to knock the Stranger down so the others can finish him.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 4

With two other Seekers engaged with the Stranger, Bolo drops her bow and draws her kukris as she and Sannit move in to strike. They both draw upon Way to increase their own speed, (Impetus).
GM:
OOC: Stimulation:
Range: Touch
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence + Hemostasis
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will + Wisdom + Discipline +
  • Collegiate + Theologic / Academic
This can be used to temporarily increase the effective Motility, if used on oneself. The duration of such is one minute per cumulative Health ability.

Sannit: 55(effectiveness) + 64(d100) = 119
Motility: 11 + (119% * 11) = 24
Bolo: 60(effectiveness) + 64(d100) = 124
Motility: 11 + 124% * 11) = 25

Kwargrow said:
Sannit intends to thrust at the Stranger's torso, hoping for any hit.
GM: Indigo shifts to her right. Vadin shifts to his left. They can feel Sannit's approach.
OOC: Sannit: 32(fury) + 70(lethality) + 74(stab) + 64(d100) = 240
Stranger: 30(konokoro) + 55(defense) + 89(defend) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 360 - 50(2nd opponent) - 50(3rd opponent)= 260

Despite what should be overwhelming odds, the Stranger yet proves a capable defendant.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo intends to slice low, attempting to cut the Stranger's leg and slow him down.
GM: Vadin shifts further to his left as Sannit thrust his spear, allowing for Bolo to move between Sannit and Indigo.
OOC: Bolo: 36(fury) + 70(lethality) + 51(cut) + 64(d100) = 221
Stranger: 30(konokoro) + 55(defense) + 89(defend) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 360 - 50(2nd opponent) - 50(3rd opponent) - 50(4th opponent) = 210
Damage: 221 - 210 = 11% * 10 = 1
Body: 10 - 1 = 9

With the advantage of the ever-increasing odds, Bolo just manages to nick the Stranger's leg.

GM: As the crowd is closing in, the Stranger during all the shifting and contorting slices toward Sannit with his second weapon.
OOC: Stranger: 58(fury) + 55(lethality) + 79(attack) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 378 - 150(4 opponents) = 228
Sannit: 27(konokoro) + 47(defense) + 84(defend) + 64(d100) = 222

The Stranger taps onto Sannit armor, making his attack ineffective.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle can smell what has happened and knows Myth has gone on his last hunt. Fighting is one of the bear necessities and Turtle charges in, intending to knock the Stranger down so the others can finish him.
GM: Sannit eases left crowding Vadin further to his left as Indigo shift further to her right. Bolo stays low leaning to her right as Turtle launches in over her.
OOC: Turtle: 42(lethality) + 52(attack) + 64(d100) = 160
Stranger: 30(konokoro) + 55(defense) + 89(defend) + 96(d100) + 90(luck) = 360 - 50(2nd opponent) - 50(3rd opponent) - 50(4th opponent) = 210

The Stranger contorts his body to accommodate the charging bear, easily avoiding the rush.

OOC: This concludes the First Combat Sequence:
Myth: dead
Sheldon: incapacitated, dazed
Sannit: +13 Motility for 9 minutes
Bolo: +14 Motility for 9 minutes.

Everyone needs to roll % and send results through LINE.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Noticing that multiple opponents seem to be taxing the man's defensive capabilities, Merin and Tor both switch tactics. Both of them will engage the man, hand-to-hand, augmenting their strikes with Way. Tor will go the stunning route, augmenting his punches with Concussion. Merin will go the Vital Strike route, augmenting his strikes with Paralysis.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 5

GM: The stranger stands, still wielding a knife in each hand. He is surrounded by Vadin to his right flank, Bolo to his left flank, and Indigo to his rear. He is facing Sannit. Turtle is a stride beyond Indigo. Sheldon is lying on the ground between this group and the porch of the guildhouse. Merin and Tor are each 2 paces away behind Sannit. Saemund is 4 paces away at the site of the hammock in which Myth's body had been deposited.

The light from Narangia, the orange moon, is dominant over Argentum, the silver moon at this time of year. It cast an eerie glow like that of a distant fire upon the combat, intermittent with shadows from the piney canopy overhead. The little light from the stone that Sheldon had tossed upon the porch glints in the Stranger's eyes. After the initial rush of immediate engagement, everyone realizes that here in the early hours of the night, it is difficult to see.

It is noted that the man appears unarmored, except perhaps for some bracers. His clothing appears to be in the style of a common Ansylin laborer, except for the quality boots.

OOC: Combat Sequence: (d100)
Sheldon: 83 - 60(daze) = 23
Indigo: 83
Tor-Merin: 72
San-Bolo + Turtle: 92
Saemund: 89
Vadin: 97
Stranger: 84

OOC: Hindrances will be figured into the following actions since combat has closed to melee range.
@redraider629
Vadin reacts first.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin seeing that the Seekers have got him surrounded realizes that the best chance is to quickly attack, and allow Sannit, Bolo, and Turtle to jump in with their attacks. Vadin thinks that perhaps if he is a bit quicker, he may have a chance to break his defenses. Vadin clears his mind, and focuses on trying to be quicker in combat. He attempts to use way to give him a boost, to hopefully strike more accurately and quickly.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 6

GM: The one second of lull that follows the previous burst of action allows the minds of all involved to assimilate information previously gathered. This foe's ability to move far exceeds that of any Seeker.

Vadin seeing that the Seekers have got him surrounded realizes that the best chance is to quickly attack, and allow Sannit, Bolo, and Turtle to jump in with their attacks. Vadin thinks that perhaps if he is a bit quicker, he may have a chance to break his defenses. Vadin clears his mind, and focuses on trying to be quicker in combat. He attempts to use way to give him a boost, to hopefully strike more accurately and quickly.
GM: His sword already in motion from the previous attack, Vadin works it back toward the Stranger before the foe begins to move. His mind starts to process his desire even as the sword is in motion. Half the distance into his swing and a third ready to manipulate Way, Vadin registers that the Stranger is moving toward him.

OOC: It will take Vadin 60 tics of time to complete his sword swing, just over half a second, and an additional 40 tics to complete his enhancement of himself, which will complete 1 full second. No action has completed, yet.

@Kwargrow
San-Bolo + Turtle react next.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit will focus on increasing his strength as he intends to strike at the stranger again, attempting to stab him in the leg that Bolo wounded.

Sensing that the area around the stranger is too crowded to be effective, Bolo intends to roll back out of melee and sprint for her bow, sheathing her kukris to pick it up. She summons Turtle to her side.

Turtle shakes the dirt off his face from his failed attack and intends to lumber over to stand near Bolo to protect her from other possible attackers and serve as a reserve fighter.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 7

Sannit will focus on increasing his strength as he intends to strike at the stranger again, attempting to stab him in the leg that Bolo wounded.
GM: The Stranger demonstrated extreme flexibility in having avoided the charging bear. His poise and guard still remain keen despite all the motion. Sannit, recoiling his spear from his first thrust, aims for the injured leg. Crippling the man should slow him down.

OOC: It will take Sannit 90 tics to thrust the spear, just under 1 full second.

Kwargrow said:
Sensing that the area around the stranger is too crowded to be effective, Bolo intends to roll back out of melee and sprint for her bow, sheathing her kukris to pick it up. She summons Turtle to her side.
GM: Already low to the ground from her previous strategic knife cut, Bolo leans backward into a tuck roll to remover herself from melee, sending a signal to Turtle to follow, simultaneously.

OOC: It will take 100 tics, or 1 full second for Bolo to roll back to her feet and begin moving away. The completion of the roll will have moved her 1 full space from the melee engagement. It will take her another 50 tics or half a second to retrieve her bow followed by 2 seconds to draw and fire it.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle shakes the dirt off his face from his failed attack and intends to lumber over to stand near Bolo to protect her from other possible attackers and serve as a reserve fighter.
GM: Turtle senses Bolo's intentions even before he begins to shake the dirt from his face. He presses his weight onto his back feet propelling himself forward and left to stay clear of the melee and not hinder Indigo. He will reach Bolo's side as she begins to draw her bow.

OOC: No action has completed, yet.
@Sylvar B.
Saemund reacts next.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund keeps clear of the fight, but stays close enough to cover someone if they fall to the ground for some reason. He circles the group keeping an eye out for anyone faltering. While he does this he targets the Stranger with way. He sends feelings of intense pain coupled with anxiety. His goal is to trick the man's mind into intensifying any pain or discomfort the man already feels, and and make him averse to receiving any more wounds.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 8

Saemund keeps clear of the fight, but stays close enough to cover someone if they fall to the ground for some reason. He circles the group keeping an eye out for anyone faltering. While he does this he targets the Stranger with way. He sends feelings of intense pain coupled with anxiety. His goal is to trick the man's mind into intensifying any pain or discomfort the man already feels, and and make him averse to receiving any more wounds.
GM: With the advent of melee already being a crowded situation, Saemund relies upon mental tactics to engage the Stranger. He need not be able too see the foe as long as he remains within his range.

OOC: It will take 1 full second of time to complete the manipulation of Mystic Way necessary to Compel the man's mind.

GM: The Stranger begins to leap sideways which will carry him between where Indigo and Vadin are standing, his body facing toward Vadin in the intended pass to flick his leading knife blade into an attack as he moves.

OOC: It will take 1 full second of time for the Stranger to complete the leap, but only 20 tics to flick his blade at Vadin.

Indigo, a mere tic slower than the Stranger, slides her left leg backward while striking with her right sword, using the momentum to increase her power and the distance to not endanger Vadin on the other side. Sheldon's mind starts to process his desire, but in his dazed state, his thoughts are slowed.
OOC: It will take Indigo 30 tics to slide her foot and swing her blade. It will take Sheldon 60 more tics just for his thoughts to coalesce. No action has been completed, yet.
[MENTION=6790669]Tellerian Hawke[/MENTION]
Merin and Tor react.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Both Merin and Tor will close the distance, as quickly as possible. Merin will try to slide under the man's defenses, like a runner sliding into home base. He will strike the man in the side of his left knee, hard enough to dislocate or (hopefully) break the joint. At the same time, he will attempt to paralyze The Stranger.

Tor will rush The Stranger as well, attempting to knock him down with a shield bash. Simultaneously, he will use Concussion on The Stranger's head, attempting to stun him.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: Day 158: Doldrums 38: The Stranger, part 9

Both Merin and Tor will close the distance, as quickly as possible. Merin will try to slide under the man's defenses, like a runner sliding into home base. He will strike the man in the side of his left knee, hard enough to dislocate or (hopefully) break the joint. At the same time, he will attempt to paralyze The Stranger.

Tor will rush The Stranger as well, attempting to knock him down with a shield bash. Simultaneously, he will use Concussion on The Stranger's head, attempting to stun him.
GM: Merin and Tor both begin moving at the same time, coordinating their approach despite the speed.

OOC: It will take them 150 tics or 1 and a half seconds to cover the distance. No action has completed, yet.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top