[UPDATED - With Cubicle 7] Games Workshop Concluding Deal For Licensing Rights To Warhammer Fantasy

Either Cubicle 7 or Modiphius.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I was *very* fond of the 2nd ed rules, I used them to run both warhammers games and a pretty epic pseudo-earth middle-east/silk road campaign ... wasn't so impressed with 3rd edition. Looking forward to seeing what they will do with this.

Just being able to get the PDF for the 2nd ed rules is good, in case I return to it one day. Book won't last forever.

S

Stig Beite Løken

Two hopes: 1) Set in the Old World 2) Rules based (and developed from) 2E.

aramis erak

Legend
Rocket Age and DW:AIT&S use the same core mechanics, IIRC. (On casual glances, they seemed to, but not being a fan of Dr Who, I never really read DW:AIT&S....

They support at least 6 different engines and at least 10 game lines already...

And they are slow as molasses, but worth the wait.

Wow big news! I have always been a big fan of WFRP, my favoured edition (rules-wise) is 2e, although I prefer the setting of 1e. The C7 guys I think can be trusted to deliver an exceptional product.

I wonder if the licence even includes Age of Sigmar; I could see that being a separate property. To be honest, you could do Age of Sigmar pretty easily in 5e, as its assumptions on magic and power are much closer to D&D high fantasy than they are to the Old World setting's grim and grit.

fritsk

First Post
I've got a big pile of 2nd edition. This will be a hard sell as the first inclination of a publisher with a new edition is to redo all the core stuff. Ah well, as long as they get rid of all the 3rd edition game specific gubbins and limit themselves to pen&paper and standard dice it'll be ok.
Or maybe not if they have to conform to AoS...

Remove ads

Remove ads