• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you playing that is NOT D&D?

The Shaman

First Post
First, thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. It's a good reminder that there is a much larger world of tabletop roleplaying than just Dungeons and Dragons and its clones.

Second, I never answered my own question, so . . .

The last rpg game I refereed was a(n unfortunately) short-lived Traveller campaign. It was a traditional, "We've got a free trader and bills to pay," game, with a doughty crew of five trading their way across a subsector of the old Judges Guild Ley Sector of the Third Imperium. The highlight was carrying a cargo hold full of explosives while simultaneously delivering a ransom to a pirate in order to rescue a captured merchanter crew and avoiding naval security forces who were suspicious of the adventurers. I've started transferring my notes for the campaign to a wiki. I'm seriously considering using the Mythic Game Master Emulator to run a solo campaign; with the amount of random goodness already built into Traveller, this would be amazingly easy to run and provide a fun diversion for those times when other players simply aren't an option.

I'm also preparing a Flashing Blades campaign. I'm in the midst of a career change, so between school and starting a new job with a highly variable schedule, I'm not in a position to commit to running a regular campaign unfortunately. However, we have an active gamer meetup in my area, so I'm may offer one-shots on game-days, maybe whetting a few appetites for a regular game when my schedule settles down a bit.

And my daughter turns six this summer, and my son will be a precocious four, so we may start a family game in the not-to-distant future. My daughter loves princesses and castles, but she also wanted me to draw her a picture of a cave with a monster in it and once told me that she would attack the wicked stepmother-witch in Snow White with a sword, so some D&D may yet be in my future as well.

Remove ads